DPS help

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Kerida, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Kerida New Member

Ok trying to paste a parse here. This is the combined first part of dragon raid, including my full out burn. How can I better maximize dps? I am sadly, the best current BST that shows up to raid.
    /tell Kerida Kerida -vs- Combined: Jortreva the Crusader: -- DMG: 234718071 -- DPS: 534665 -- Scaled: 383526 -- Crush: 123656446 -- DirDmg: 58559088 -- DoT: 33367152 -- Kick: 14615122 -- Punch: 4065640 -- Environmental: 454623 -- % dmg as normal: 22% -- % dmg as critical: 66.9% -- Non-crit rate: 47.7% -- crit rate: 43.3% -- crippling rate: 9% -- Attempts: 4226 -- Hits: 4067 -- Missed: 159 -- Accuracy: 96.2% -- Avg Hit: 57712 -- Max hit: 3123017 -- DMG to PC: 4615883
  2. Cadira Augur

Could use a bit of context; what did group look like? Did you have a bard? Was instance laggy? That will kill your burn dps. (Well everyone's but beasts have it worse than some since we hit so fast and proc a lot during burn).

Here's what I've learned from raiding a beast to max dps, although your numbers don't look too bad, using this strategy you'll probably get another 100 to 200k dps I'd guess if executed properly:

Wait for bard fierce eye (and hopefully shaman epic and quicktime but fe is the big thing here and always) and then hit: bestial alignment, frenzy of spirit, spire, bloodlust, vindication, frenzied swipes (might have missed one thing, on my cellphone atm so can't look at my beast) and I like to hit protection of the warder to help with potential impending situation where I'm tanking the named (hit protective when this actually happens or your agro hits 90% or so). Have 2hander in for burn especially.

Hit dicho right before burn hotkeys, hit ruuabris when dicho fades, hit second dicho when ruuabris fades (make sure it actually fades or it'll eat your second dicho) this helps your group more than you, but parser approved the flurry mod stacked on big burns increases your dps more than if hit elsewhere.

Hit bifold with disease dot early. Get other dots on quick too obv. Can spam dots if Mana ain't an issue on a short fight for vindication procs, more dps than spamming nukes. Make ats or Gina's for when dots wear off so you can keep em rolling 100%.

When ba fades hit savage rancor to finish off frenzy of spirit strong. This will net more dps in one usage than using empathic fury four times with the underfoot bp focus in a 12m period, parser approved.

When frenzy and savage fade hit feralgia for the hit buff. Don't spam feralgia! Only hit it when you don't have a bigger hit mod going. Although with bard war March the hit mod on growl is typically worthless so no huge loss.

On next set of epics hit Ferociousness.

....and next set hit group ba. Unless group guardian from ranger is going, wait for it to fade and then hit it.

Keep growl going until your 12m burns are up again and hit them on top of a fresh set of epics. Rince and repeat.

Tribute is good. Restless focus potion is good. Consider using ae claws instead of focused if you can but be sure not to break Mez and don't put it on spam key. Spam nukes unless lots of resists on certain dragons etc.
  3. Gundolin Augur

Sorry I suggested a parse thinking of Kerida checking her spell selection against the damage done, since it is a directly under her control. If you have time to scan through the selection and can tell any out of date spells or other clicks that may have better choices it would help. Thanks

A separate parse; All Grendish the Crusader on 3/20/2021 in 1268sec
    DMG: 501651486 @ 395624 sdps (399722 dps in 1255s) [2.99]

Kerida - 380
    --- Al'ele's/Venon's Vindication - 1
    --- Bestial Vivisection/Rending - 37
    --- Blessing of Unity - 3
    --- Bloodmaw's Bite Rk. III - 12
    --- Chameleon Strike VII - 52
    --- Consumption of Spirit X - 5
    --- Dichotomic Fury - 19
    --- Endaroky's Chill Rk. III - 53
    --- Focused Paragon of Spirit XXVIII - 9
    --- Forceful Rejuvenation - 4
    --- Frozen Malignance Rk. III - 2
    --- Grace of Unity - 1
    --- Griklor's Feralgia Rk. III - 6
    --- Ikatiar's Blood Rk. III - 95
    --- Neemzaq's Endemic Rk. III - 20
    --- Paragon of Spirit XXXV - 1
    --- Potion - Crystal Mana Tonic - 1
    --- Received Bard Epic - 3
    --- Received Commanding Voice - 1
    --- Received Cry Havoc - 2
    --- Received Dichotomic Fury - 4
    --- Received Fists of Wu - 1156
    --- Received Paragon - 10
    --- Received Shaman Epic - 4
    --- Roaring Strike IV - 2
    --- Shared Merciless Ferocity Rk. III - 1
    --- Venomous Coalition Rk. III - 21
    --- Vkjen's Maelstrom Rk. III - 35
  4. Szilent Augur

So that spell breakdown shows Pretty Darn Good spell casting (Frozen Malignance appears to need promotion in the order, but whatever). Awareness is demonstrated of mana recovery stuff. But there's poor use & poor re-use of more intermittent abilities (discs, AAs). In a 21 minute battle, there's time for two full disc cycles (FS, BA>Savage, BL, FS like Cadira lists, and Fero), and three cycles of bunch of other stuff (BP, Spire, Vindication). Paragon could have been Massed another time (once with Tranquil early in the battle, once with MGB later).

That spell breakdown also shows grouping with a monk that has to calm his jets on the Fists of Wu, lul
    Gundolin and Cadira like this.
  5. Cadira Augur

You need to have a serious talk with your bard unless the parser being used doesn't pick up a lot of spells for some reason. Only 3 epics in 21 minutes? Zero fierce eyes (a crime against humanity to not use)? Zero quick time!

Zero big burn abilities used on the beasts part? Szilent hit it right on the head with frozen, that nuke should probably have more casts than about anything.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  6. Bazuker New Member

Gundolin, I didn't see any weapon proc damages, were you filtering those out ?
    Also, Ruaabri's Fury, Batter (for Synergy effects) and Attack of the warders are insta-casts though I dunno if your parse would show those.
  7. Gundolin Augur

Kerida here. First one was Jortreva the Crusader and was a burn. The second, Gun snagged from my Gamparse while I was at work, and it is NOT a burn, and we are currently told to hold burn until he's dead and burn everything on the next dragon. Is that possibly why the bard isn't casting Quicktime? Although I think that the refresh time on Quicktime is nothing, right? With a 15 min refresh, I was holding Ruaab for the next dragon.
    I was told recently that I want to hit Ikatiar's Blood and Endaroky's Chill more often than nukes, but likely 95 to 2 wasn't the right ratio. 1 to1? What would be a better ratio?
    Should I hit faster refresh aas so I am ready to burn on the 2nd dragon? Likely hitting NONE of them on the first target isn't the best plan. Perhaps this was the 3rd dragon and nothing was left? I dunno as the 20 min timer seems to indicate I had time to refresh things.
    I will try to figure out how to find procs on my parse.
    I appreciate all the feedback.
  8. Gundolin Augur

Hit bifold with disease dot early.
    What is bifold?
  9. josh Augur

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=109306

You have to do the achievements in xorbb in the rain of fear expansion to unlock it on the vendor, it also drops from xorbb 3, but very rarely.

also, ctrl shift v to paste without formatting
  10. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I'm not in his guild or group, but as far as epics go, I am the bard for one of our caster groups, and there are nights where I have 2 chanters in my group, so I'm told NO EPIC til their IOGs run out, so I have less epic clicks those times.. last raid night, it was bard, necro, necro, chanter, chanter, shammy. Now, as for FE and QE, I 100% agree wholeheartedly. I looked at my cast just for the one named to keep it as similar as I could, and while it took us a little less than 1/3 the time I still had 2 FE and 1 QT.. which makes me wonder, is the bard in their group a box? that would explain the bard not performing as it should.

I have run 2 bards in 2 groups for ZLandi a few times, and I'm an alt tab maniac trying to click everything I should on 2 bards and keeping melody going.. I know both bards suffer a little, but are still better than a set it and forget it box bard.
    Cadira likes this.
  11. Cadira Augur

That's strange advice. Now if you're burning Zlandicar or Sontalak and have vindication going, by all means spam dots (poison in particular) making sure you get cold and disease to land before poison dot spam commences.Spamming dots with vindication > Nuke dps but costs insane mana so you can't keep it up for a 20m fight.

Otherwise, as long as your dots are on the mob, they're doing their job of continual damage. Nuking in between dot durations will increase sustained dps and conserve more mana on longer fights.

As for someone telling you to cast those in particular more....I mean your cold dot needs to be about the same count as your poison and disease looks a little low too, although it has a longer duration and can be cast less most of the time for that reason so hard to say. But get all three dots on the mob, assuming it doesn't resist the line of spells they fall under.

When not dotting, nuke. Make sure Frozen gets cast a ~lot~ more. Any new mob that spawns with a sizable hitpoint pool....dot x3 and then nuke. Swap to next mob, dotx3 and then nuke, rinse/repeat. Dot wares off the big dude? -- Recast. If it has a small pool (IE the adds on dragon two in this fight) probably not worth dotting at all or maybe just poison and then nuke.

My Bl's guild burns on the second dragon too, like a lot of guilds. I like to use Ferociousness at the start of that one, but GBA is probably a good choice, too. In theory you'll still have some good adps to stack something small on top of for the first dragon (Auspice, epics, FE, Aid, etc depending on guilds dps tactics/raid makeup).
  12. Romance Augur

I'm a bit out of practice, returning after stopping in EoK but here's my attempt to assist.

It's a little difficult to totally understand what may be going in your parses, the spell casts though they are not exactly of the burn dps parse you posted give a bit better of a picture as to what you may want to improve. Your adps is out of your control, you may be able to influence them as to when things happen but for the moment it may be best to focus on what you can control.

You don't need to spam dots outside of Vindication, it's Vindication that makes the poison primarily and cold as well a better spell to cast than a DD.

If Vindication is off you can nuke so long as you keep your three dots ticking down along and alliance as you can.

Here is my spell counts from that total event a couple weeks ago, the length of the event will be specific to your guild but you may be able to get an idea of specific spells % of total cast.

It also looked like you missed a couple dichos from your spell parse, dicho is a priority not only for yourself but your group.. otherwise we can't really be upset at other adps if we're not doing what we can to also adps.

Combined (7):Crusaders Event Combine in 545s

Romance - 243
    --- Batter - 19
    --- Bestial Alignment - 1
    --- Bestial Bloodrage - 1
    --- Bestial Savagery - 18
    --- Bifold Focus - 2
    --- Blessing of Unity - 1
    --- Bloodlust - 1
    --- Chameleon Strike - 26
    --- Cheetah's Pounce - 3
    --- Consumption of Spirit - 3
    --- Dichotomic Fury - 9
    --- Endaroky's Chill - 14
    --- Ferociousness - 1
    --- Focused Paragon of Spirit - 5
    --- Forceful Rejuvenation - 1
    --- Frenzied Swipes - 1
    --- Frenzy of Spirit - 1
    --- Frozen Malignance - 29
    --- Fury of the Beast - 1
    --- Griklor's Feralgia - 2
    --- Group Bestial Alignment - 1
    --- Ikatiar's Blood - 41
    --- Ikatiar's Vindication - 2
    --- Maelstrom of Claws - 21
    --- Mass Group Buff - 1
    --- Neemzaq's Endemic - 8
    --- Paragon of Spirit - 1
    --- Protective Spirit Discipline - 1
    --- Ruaabri's Fury - 1
    --- Savage Rancor - 2
    --- Spire of the Savage Lord - 2
    --- Venomous Coalition - 5
    --- Vkjen's Maelstrom - 18
    Jennre likes this.
  13. Jennre Band Leader

You must have had a great bard with ya!
    Romance likes this.
  14. Eshtoma Lorekeeper

Don't mean to derail, but is it in the Beastlord's best interest to always hit Dicho when it's available, or is it situational? The BL's I raid with hit it very rarely, and didn't want to talk to them without having more information on it first.
  15. Szilent Augur

It's the most powerful spell in Everquest. It should be cast as frequently as possible.
    Jennre, Eshtoma, Sancus and 2 others like this.
  16. Romance Augur

It is in the beastlords best interest to do what is in the best interest of the raid. The amount of time/effort it takes to inefficiently cast dicho/RF at the same time as spirit frenzy is far out weighted by the benefit it gives the group.

As for rarely hitting dicho, even outside of a 1.5min burn, it should be hit every 60s on cooldown as much is reasonably possible w/o failing emotes or hitting it just as a mob is going to die and you spend 20s crossing the zone to the next boss.
    Jennre and Eshtoma like this.