Tired of competing against MuiQuasi bazaar sellers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Deux, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

As the thread title says the MuiQuasi bazaar sellers are a problem for legitimate players. It's been happening for a while should we assume that it is safe to join the ranks of the MuiQuasi bazaar sellers?
    It doesn't matter if it's 2 am or 5 pm the MuiQuasi sellers will always undercut prices any time of the day within minutes. At some point players who are not MuiQuasi types are going to say the lack of quality control integrity in the game isn't worth the hassle and find a different drug to get their MMO fix in.
    Have I missed it...has Darkpaw commented on the MuiQuasi player style? Because if you go on YouTube you can see people making EQ videos not even hiding it anymore.
    I'm starting to wonder if I'm being stupid following the TOS because there doesn't seem to be repercussions in not.

And no I don't feel like sitting at my computer for hours at a time manually adjusting prices to trick the MuiQuasi's into automating price reductions then buying their stock as I don't think this is an elegant solution to the problem.
    On FV I can list off half a dozen different characters in the bazaar that are doing this so obvious.
    WeezFv, Jhenna_BB and Duder like this.
  2. quakedragon Augur

Buy low and resell for higher price?
    Ex. buy taaffeite 250plat resell 1500 plat, and buy any competition sellers taaffeite and control the taaffeite market?

I have not seen any automated software buyers/sellers. But if you see them, break em. They gonna undercut you keep selling low, then buy there stuff after you get them super low. If its a buyer get them to raise their prices and easy sell the items on their prices.

Only tough thing is, some of them traders/buyers that are there to make profit, they already control some parts of the market and they probably trying to push your prices up or down and then they resell their giant stacks on you for easy profit.

They only have giant stacks and market because no one competes with them, if any its just 1 or 2 other people. Ex. that trader with 1000 taaffeites, he probably continuing to buy them too. Dominating taaffeites and so 1000 for sell at 1500p, because they own that market. Or traders with binding powders for 300p each, they have them all, they dominated it, no one wants to compete.

On the bright side, there is someone collecting them all and selling them, so you can be assured it will be on some trader if you need.
    FawnTemplar and RPoo like this.
  3. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

I think most people just come across stuff in game and throw it on their vendor to sell. I, and most non hardcore people, don't want to sit for hours on my trader playing bazaar-price bingo. If a player sells for less I'm good with that but the automated traders really stink. It's not the people farming the 1000 stack tradeskill items that do this (although some of the large volume TS sellers are bot groupers)... it's the folks selling small quantities of a given item using automation to always undercut.

Anyway the point is it's flagrant and has DP said publicly anything on this or are we at a point with an older game that subscriptions > quality control now?
    WeezFv and Duder like this.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I have never seen this. Perhaps because I decide on the worth of the item I am selling. Then I set the price and go offline.

Perhaps it occurs more on FV? Where everything is tradeable right? You take the good, you take the bad.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  5. phattoni Augur

i dont think they care, their is rampant botting going on in aradune, but nothing is done about it.

they either dont care or dont have the ability to stop it.

and since the botters are apparently paying all the bills, im leaning towards the fact that they dont care and havent for quite sometime.

i cut my subs, i only sub 1 account, normally i would do 4-6.

ill cut the last one soon as well, since this has been going on for years, and nothing is ever done about it.

i actually subbed to wow, its getting that bad.
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

Undercutting always happens with or without bots. The price will continue to go lower until no one is willing to go any lower, and then that is the correct price and everything over that is overpriced.

As a quicker strategy to find the "right" price you could set it initially to the lowest you would want to go. If it get undercut there then you know you cannot compete. But if no one undercuts you then you know you can sell at that price. You can experiment from that point by raising your price a bit at a time until someone tries to cut in, then back it off again.
    Froglok likes this.
  7. phattoni Augur

i dont think you understand the problem, you price items and within seconds, a bot is pricing his items lower, i have actually gained krono by messing with their scripts, its risky because anyone can come by and buy your item for less than its worth, but they will undercut and undercut until the item is worthless.

its a problem plaguing all servers, buyers and sellers.

basically price a krono in baz for 1k plat, they will undercut within seconds, you leave trader and go buy the items you got undercut on. its risky though, because anyone can come by and purchase your 1k krono while you are waiting for the script to fire off and undercut you.
    Xhartor, Nennius and quakedragon like this.
  8. kimbotta Lorekeeper

If people can't get to you to buy the item you don't risk anything. just need to find their floor.
  9. phattoni Augur

i used to know a spot in old baz that i could do this in, but not in the new one, can you enlighten me? )

make messing with the bots 1000000% better, if i could do it with no risk.
  10. Sindace Elder

Super obvious when you look at the prices you get undercut by. Quite often they seem to have a script that undercuts by 1%, then repeated undercutting by 1% (can be any %). Odd numbers all over the place, but it makes sense when you see the prices of their competitors. Also seems they can set the script to check/reprice things on a set timer. Not buying that anyone repeatedly reprices odd items middle of the night.

Posted before, but DBG "looks into it" and can't find the problem (the traders are all subbed, so no problem, apparently). You'd think the volume of requests a person would be sending to the server either checking or repricing items would be a dead giveaway behind the scenes....
  11. Svann2 The Magnificent

I understand that perfectly well. Its been explained literally dozens of times.

If there were no bots you would price your item then an hour later someone would undercut you. Then eventually you undercut them, and back and forth over the days and weeks until you arrive at the lowest price anyone is willing to sell at. But with bots that process happens much faster. Imagine if there were 2 bots undercutting each other lol. They would arrive at the minimum price very quickly and then the undercutting would stop.

Not defending bot programs. I think they add lag. But I think your complaint that they infringe on your sales is misplaced.

Then dont price at a point where you would feel like you got ripped off if someone buys it. Price it at the lowest price you would feel like you would want to sell it for. If he undercuts that then you know you cant beat his prices. And everyone that wants to buy krono can cheer because you single handedly lowered the bazaar prices.
  12. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

People can buy direct from the bazaar search and not be in the zone...the game charges a slight premium to do this. If you put something for sale in the bazaar it can be purchased anytime from any player in any zone.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  13. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Everyone can choose to get the item with parcel, for an extra fee. So there is no safespot. Your best bet is to find proof and report the bots...
    Elyssanda likes this.
  14. phattoni Augur

not on tlp they cant, so if u know a spot i an sit and post items without them being bought, plz advise ).

on tlps you have to physically goto the person to purchase items, the vouchers etc are disabled till cotf.
  15. phattoni Augur

i dont use the bazaar to sell stuff unless its to a /buyer, im more concerned about the health of the game than i am selling items.

bots are not good, bots that make it difficult to sell items, are even worse, some people cant afford subs and only pay with plat they earn in game, if they lose the ability to play, we lose another legit player, due to bots, who contribute nothing to the game.

game only has so many players, and its not raking in new subs like other mmos that are aging.

people read about everquest, try it out, discover its riddled with bots and cheat programs, and leave.

just reading these forums and seeing that the company that runs the game seemingly does nothing to these bots, is also unattractive.

then they read further and see players retaliating the only way they can(training etc), and they get banned for trying to stop the bots.

petitioning these people does nothing, ive given up petitioning, ive cancelled 5 accounts. when they fix the bot problems, i might resub them, but i highly doubt it.
    tanith likes this.
  16. Svann2 The Magnificent

hoho. Now we turn to satire.
  17. Laronk Augur

The main problem on FV is the price limits so anything that is really of value is sold thru chat. Currencies all reach market value pretty fast and the difference between barter and baz is tiny.

Any of my stuff that gets under cut fast I just drop the price in big chunks till it sells. While the market might bear a higher price the real market price is the minimum baz price the bot has.

If you don't enjoy the game then don't play it.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

They can, it just unlocks waaaaay down the line with Rain of Fear. I thought it would be cool, but I've never used it in the 18 months since it became available.
  19. Duder Augur

I paid for a dedicated trader account for 3 years and finally canceled it this year due solely to bazaar /\/\Q traders. What Svann doesn't seem to understand is that the value of our time is permanently altered by scripts that blindly undercut. Undercutting is not the issue, undercutting is fine. Automated blind undercutting that permanently reduces the value of items is the problem. People besides botters are allowed to make money in the bazaar. But by far and large, it's not worth the time to try and sell anything any more. I petitioned /\/\Q traders weekly for the majority of those 3 years and the company did nothing. Every one of those /\/\Q traders still operates with impunity. Have fun when you can't buy anything because no one sells it. Have fun feeding plat to the botters to further fund their botting.
    WeezFv, Jhenna_BB, Coagagin and 5 others like this.
  20. Mazame Augur

be careful what you wish for. The amount of player playing means that market is often not the best place to find / sale your wares. I not saying that the /baz botter are not an issue as if you look for it you will find them in every game. As other have posted you can use this as an advantage to make pp. If you want to sale items directly you can use chat channels. if your looking to just post an item and wait of it to sale your looking at TS item or collections and at some point the market on these items always drops. The botters will buy them all up and try to resale. If you want to buy these items for less you can simply put 1-10 for sale and their program will drop the price below your and you can buy them at the price you want. If your looking to sale then wait till the price has gone back up and list it for 2/3 the price and the bots will buy it up from you.

If they crack down on the bots you may there is not really a market left and you may end up lowering items for less just to get rid of them or not bother listing them at them at all.
    Fenthen likes this.