Everquest's depiction of conflict.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Strawberry, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Accipiter Old Timer

And before that it was those damned stone tablets corrupting our youths.
    Nennius likes this.
  2. KarmaKitty Augur

Running around the grassy fields and clubbing bears is cheap therapy not violence.
    Bloody bed wetter.
    :p

Pity the demand for stacks of leather padding is off. Made a bundle there.
    Nennius and Elyssanda like this.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

As long as I'm not ruining my own lands as you've ruined yours...I'm OK.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

We have a thread winner :)
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  5. Elyssanda Bardbrain

EQ is definitely cheaper than decades of therapy; and much more effective I believe.
    Nennius, Metanis and Sissruukk like this.
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

My wife and I are considering buying a new house. One of my wants is an office that will really be mine. I think you have given me an idea for part of the decor.
  7. Cannikin Augur

What game have you been playing? Everything, literally everything in this game revolves around killing stuff. Not asking, not negotiating, not demanding, not threatening, 99.9% of all encounters from the most epic raid to the most minor newbie quest involve running up to people/animals/sentient beings and brutally beating them until they're stone cold corpses in the dirt.

Want to level up? Kill stuff.
    Want money? Kill stuff.
    Want phat lewtz? Kill stuff.
    Want to bring peace to a conflict? Kill one and/or both sides.
    Want to exercise the right to legal representation and a fair trial (PoJ)? Kill stuff.
    Want to be a peaceful craftsman? Kill stuff for ingredients.

The single best piece of gear in the game currently (the RZ earring) literally tells you multiple times to "drench it in the blood of (thousands of) your enemies."
    Vumad likes this.
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

Ummm Overseer provides a way to level without killing. It also can give access to items that will sell to other players, thus bringing income to the seller. In the main, though, it does involve the dismemberment and destruction of, in my case, tens of millions of pixelated creatures. And I have no problem with that. Muahahahahahahahahaha
  9. Szilent Augur

lol OP hasn't witnessed the fate of Kela Lor Telaris. It's not common, but whooboy
  10. Angahran Augur

We don't want the game "addressing issues"! This is a FANTASY game. Many of us use it as an escape from the nonstop BS in the 'real world'.
    Nennius and Elyssanda like this.
  11. Jennre Band Leader

.. and there was an Ozzy record on the turntable, so we decided to call our lawyer.
  12. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea thats why i stay out of general channel chat as politics always come up i wanna relax and play a game not hear real life problems!

Andarriel
    Sissruukk and Nennius like this.