Launchpad refusing to log in one of my accounts

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Yinla, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Logged in rogue as usual.

Tried logging in bard, selected account in the drop down window, got to char select no bard it was cleric account, OK so maybe I picked the wrong account logged in cleric, I would log her in next anyway.

Tried logging in bard again, selected her account in the drop down window, got to server select char already logged in. Maybe she didn't log out properly last night, kick her, low and hold it is the cleric account.....again.

For some reason I cannot switch to that account, possible issue only the last 3 chars are different in the account name.

First time I have come accross this bug, I've had it keeping the play button greyed out on an account which isn't logged in before. But possibly the same bug with the launchpad saying it has switch account when really it hasn't.
  2. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Yeah. Mine refuses to log in to the selected account(s). I've had to use the patchme tag and log in manually to access different accounts. The launch pad just will not properly select any account from the drop down.

One thing I did notice, is that the launch pad is not displaying the amount of DBC associated with an account. I'm not sure if that was patched to no longer display, but it used to show the DBC balance of the selected account.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I had never seen this thing happen before until yesterday.

Yesterday it happened to me 3 times, deleting the memorised login details (click the X at the end of the drop down list for that account with a problem) fixed it, then later it happened again twice, different accounts, at the end of my play session.

This feels like a new thing to me having never seen it before yesterday and I am not doing anything new or different, same routine I have had since overseer was put in (the reason I swap accounts at the start of my gaming sessions and at the end).

Also waiting for "Play" to go green & for the accounts to swap over seems to take a lot longer than it used to since the last patch, perhaps that is related.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Could not get one of 18 logged in yesterday (all others were fine) but today he logs in fine. Kept showing "playing" but would not switch to "play" or the patcher would just close without going further. Tried different copies of the patcher, bypass, clear the X, other computers but nothing worked. Though maybe he had got banned and it just wasn't showing up yet.

Have not seen my DBC amount listed on accounts that have any for about 2 weeks. Kinda worrying but it is there when I get all the way logged in.

Others are having Krono issues with claiming etc so I am not touching my Krono for a while - good thing I consume those before the date the all access expires!

All these bans going on and players are trying to figure out why.

Email verification issues.

Someone on another board it sounded like they could all be related - maybe they have some server connection issues.
  5. SoDonMangler New Member

Something similar still going on for me. I've got one computer that no matter which credentials I stick into the launchpad it always loads the same account, even if it shows the correct one I'm trying to log into.
  6. Aanuvane Augur

I think this is exactly what is happening here.
  7. SoDonMangler New Member

For me, not quite what's happening there. Or else I'm not understanding what's on that other thread you linked.

Acct A was logged into Computer A a few weeks ago.
    Acct B is not logged into any computer.
    I am now trying to log into Acct B on Computer A.
    It accepts the credentials for Acct B, but when I get to the server select screen and pick Mangler, if Acct A is logged into a different computer it tells me that account is already logged in. If Acct A is not logged in it just proceeds to character select. In either scenario, Acct A character select is loaded.

Bypassing the patcher allows me to log into Acct B on Computer A and loads Acct B character select.

(edit: grammar is good)
  8. SoDonMangler New Member

Today tried:
    1. Deleted the Acct A info from patcher by clicking on the x next to the login name
    2. Rebooted computer
    3. Started patcher, selected Acct B, clicked play, selected server
    4. Was told there was a character already logged in (an Acct A there was on a different computer, but Acct B was not logged in anywhere)
    5. Clicked okay anyway know what was about to happen
    6. It kicked the character on Acct A logged in on the other computer and loaded Acct A character select