server down times...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Crypt, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Crypt New Member

you would think after 21 years playing this game we would expect it to never go as planed... perhaps we would come to expect it to not go as planed.. but its still VERY annoying to be told the estimated down time is 7 hours.... then at about 6 hours extend it another hour... then at 7 and a half hours extend it another 2 hours... then go silent and still not have it back up when its been down 10 hours... do they extend our memberships a day for having the game down the whole day... no.... getting a bit sick of it, was home sick today from work from a covid vaccine and thought maybe i could relieve stress a bit by logging in. now here it is just about time to go back to bed to be up at 5am cst tomorrow morning and game is still down with no updates on it in over 2 hours at some point they should change it from reading "servers down for scheduled maintenance" to "servers down to our stupidity in not knowing how they work"... because the scheduled maintenance ended 3.25 hours ago... the FIRST extension on the scheduled ended 2.25 hours ago... and their second extension on the scheduled ended .25 ago... ITS NO LONGER SCHEDULED ITS NOW JUST BS.... thanks.
    Fenthen, Metanis and tanith like this.
  2. Metanis Bad Company

I sometimes wonder if EG7 realized what a cluster they were buying.
    Fenthen likes this.
  3. Kialya Keeping your butt alive since 2002

And you would think after playing this game for 21 years that yes, when they say 7 hours, assume it will be a full day and plan something else, because they are patching a 21 year old game. Usually the patch crap doesn't go as planned. Yes, life isn't fair. Go get some fresh air?
  4. Terminate Journeyman

Wow man. You really seem like you could give them some insight as to how to run this entire game. Hopefully they see this thread and hear you out.
  5. Hammaclar Journeyman

Reading their statement, it is not just EQ, but all Daybreak games and servers. I understand old code for EQ, but pro-active customer support should have included some statement from Dreamweaver on another Daybreak person on what the latest status is when we are 30 plus min beyond the revised, revised time. Even if it is a statement that we just don't know when they will be up, but the silence on status is deafening.
    Fenthen likes this.
  6. The real Sandaormo Augur

Whoa, chill bro. I'm afraid this might get out of hand and you hit CAPS LOCK or something.

Breathe
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

Or laundry (be honest folks, isn't there a pile of dirty clothes somewhere near you?). Play with the kids. Personal to me perhaps, but I decided to get back into flightsimming and my four year-olds have been having fun dive bombing our house. Ride my new bike. I do need the exercise. Lots of choices of things to do. And yes, I want to get back online in EQ. I am also hoping that the very extended patch actually solves some things instead of offering more speculative fixes.
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

They just trying to fix the krono trading or whatever it is or is there more to it?

Andarriel
  9. Metanis Bad Company

Can't blame the Everquest people for this snafu. I'm reasonably confident that if DW had information to post he would do it.
  10. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

I'm bemused by this:

Status: 4/8/2021 4:45 PDT - The game is currently down for scheduled maintenance

4:45?

Last update to ETA said 3. It's 3:44 now. Was 4:45 meant to be ETA? Or is that what the clocks in the office say? hehe

-----------------------------
  11. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

and this. Take your time, do it right, outcome directly points to financials.
    Andarriel likes this.
  12. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." - Niels Bohr
    Roxas MM and Nennius like this.
  13. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

You can take the downtime out of context, but you can never take the context out of the downtime. :D

Take a nap or refill your meds, Crypt. Something is missing in your day to throw fire like that over a few hours downtime in a twenty-two-year-old game.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

They went down at 4:45 am pst and they are now up at 4:03 pm pst for a while at least.
  15. Svann2 The Magnificent

That was a pretty nasty bug they were fixing.
    Someone buys a krono for real money, sells it for plat and gets nothing.
    Probably feels like he got real money stolen from him.
  16. Tyvolus Journeyman

dont affect me, because I am just F2P, but if someone is paying for a month, and they lose basically a full day each month with this happening, I can kinda see the annoyance.
  17. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Instead of whining on the forum about not being able to play EQ because they're fixing/patching something, I just took a nap. Time better spent, I think.
  18. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

as requested...

Accipiter likes this.
  19. Roxas MM Augur

happens son, they dont do it on purpose.
  20. Aenoan Augur

This happens in literally every game since patching became a thing, Ultima Online right up to like WoW. WoW has weekly maintenance but on those content patch days, you might as well find something else to do for the day. Sometimes its so bad there are multiple patches.

None of this should be new to be honest.