Itemization Wish List

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Darchon_Xegony, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Qimble Augur

Faster than the Pally 96% AA as well. Since both have CD's it doubles the amount of rezzing I can do while tanking. Real nice for those hit the fan type moments.
    Rexa likes this.
  2. Malpheroth Elder

A grow clicky would be nice. IVU clicky without a 15 second cast time would also be pretty cool. Familiar that meaningfully buffs melee in the same way it buffs casters and healers would be good. DA clicky comparable to the pings potion pack consumables (30 minute cooldown, instant cast). I would love a shadowstep clicky that teleports you in the forward direction but with a distance similar to our AA one not 50 yards like the bloodorchid katana (must be instant-cast of course, so it can be used to enhance travel). Bind Affinity clicky like the potion from pings, without the cost associated with the one from the noble vendor. I would like to see the heal clicky from the 21st anniversary also be buffed to relevancy (maybe a 30% heal so it scales with new expansions), or some kind of heal clicky that doesn't suck.
    Qimble, I_Love_My_Bandwidth and Boze like this.
  3. Malpheroth Elder

Just thought of another- A DS clicky comparable to the best druid thorns you can cast on a level 1, usable at level 1.
  4. bortage spammin lifetaps

weapons with target-of-target rune procs
  5. Boze TLP complaint factory

The Duskmold orb is probably your best example, and TSS has a bunch of neat items like this. But the Luclin clickies don't necessarily fit other than being "unique clickies". The Heart of the Void clickies have the added benefits of some resists:
    Slot 3:Increase Cold Resist by 40
    Slot 6:Increase Magic Resist by 40
    Which are some pretty significant values for the era, and stack with just about any other resist buff. In-era you could make the argument that there are situations/classes where it'd be more advantageous than the Shaman focus.

Torque clicky is better than even the PoP Brell's if you're not capped on STA (330HP vs. 300HP + 30STA).

Stormeye band is a great example though, since that buff line is limited to mostly a few clickies and bard songs (I still used the Tacvi shoulders with the same line at 105): https://lucy.allakhazam.com/stacking.html?id=6769&source=Live

I think the more interesting argument would be to re-visit many of these old click lines that have been mostly abandoned. I love weird itemization eras with clicks like these.
    Zynt likes this.
  6. Syylke_EMarr Augur

I really miss when certain illusion clickies would reset your height. There are quite a few times when some eager beaver Shaman/Beastlord shrinks me that I'd much rather not be shrunk.

I really do miss useful clickies like the Duskmold and others. Though I think they should be available to groupers as well (through questing), not just raiders (e.g. the more recent cure clickies).
  7. Kinadorm Augur

8. Laeadern Elder

Back in the day they procd a group heal instead of a rune...but that was long long ago.
  9. Zinth Augur

Lurn ta readz? he WROTE 6% of 10% is .6% <---- notice the POINT (a point >>> . <<<) so you are saying you are wrong and then writing the exact same thing... you even quoted him so he didn't edit after the fact.
  10. Coagagin Guild house cat

A corruption cure clicky is overdue.
  11. Zinth Augur

could upgrade the tear... with higher defense skill mod, add on some ac/hp/hsta upgraded over another 10 levels of the item to max it.

also upgrade the ldon aug (if you have it already) then let you get another 10 levels on it, making it maybe 70ac, 1000hp and some hsta/agi/dex (sounds like a massive upgrade but with the stats on gear these days that is only a minor upgrade)
  12. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Perhaps follow your own advice:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/itemization-wish-list.274248/#post-4014040
    Not everyone has eagle eye vision and a huge monitor and can see a tiny decimal point. Which is why most people write it as 0.6 and not .6.
    Tatanka likes this.
  13. Tevik Augur

I would really love to see a new throwing item summon clicky. My Mysterious Belt of Daggers has almost a decade of wear and tear on it, and they aren't quite as sharp as they once were.
  14. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

I miss the days of group heal procs, but that was a time when the heal they provided was significant. 125-150 group heal procs when non tanks arent regularly cracking 10k hp is significant.

The equivalent proc in this era is something like an 8k group heal that isn't flagged as a 1 threat recourse.

Itemization id like to see:

Purity augs either baked into gear, or purity augs being a combo of purity + other mods.

Upgraded slot 3 skillmod augs. Tear replacement, specialization mods, dodge/parry/riposte/ect.

Preferably, slot 3 and 5 turning into a single slot, with those types of augs, ac augs, generic heroic stat augs and spell mods sharing that augment slot, and base gear having more heroic mods base, to smooth out the power curve a little and keep augs more than "time to grind x number of the slot 5 aug i need".

Slight corrections to the increasing numbers everywhere. AC from start to finish of CoV alone is something like 7-10 years worth of AC increases from any time prior to TBL. We really don't need to get that silly.

New versions of utility items, or a reimagining of them.

Tash stick. Slow procs. Okeils DS line clicks. Kunark class armor clicks. Radiant armor clicks.

I used those things often, right up to the point where they stopped being worth the hassle.

Itemization to revert to the pre-container method, where you arent killing nameds and only wanting them to have a no-trade, non-heirloom tradeskill item.

Make the crafted piece the intro set and let the mobs drop best in slot things again, not "filler till I get my ore".