[Request] Add Velium Laced Nigriventer Venom to loot table of humanoid bodytype mobs in COV

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Raccoo, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Raccoo Augur

There is only one zone and one mob type I know of that drop these in COV. There were at least two zones with 1 mob type in TOV. After hunting on multiple characters, doing hunter achievements, collections, 3 earrings, etc. After a year, I had a little over 200 of these saved up. It would be fantastic if it could be added to more mobs loot table. In EOK/ROS it was sarnaks/humanoid which were very abundant. I think it has been on humanoids before that too, but I didn't pay attention so much before EOK when I made my rogue.
    Fenthen, Ninelder, Lisard and 7 others like this.
  2. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Humanoids do make a lot of sense. If we harvest spider venom as players, so would mob npc humanoids.
    Andarriel likes this.
  3. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

These are on the 24 hour research overseer quests if you choose Torment of Velious in the reward. If anyone in your guild does these, you will be swimming in them.

The tradeskill loot tables in CoV need to completely redone to make sense based upon past precedence but who knows when that will happen.
    Fenthen, minimind, Andarriel and 3 others like this.
  4. Rasseff New Member

Just adding a plus 1 to this. I have been begging everyone for them since CoV launch and my entire guild is now dry. Thank you for the tip though @Crag, but that is just a work around and not a great one as most want other rewards then to just give it to me.
  5. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea it works great can also do harvest quests but only yields like 1 although its a 6 hour quest. When i wanted a bunch of them i was doing all the 24 research on my 4 accounts pretty nice as getting them off mobs seem rare.

Andarriel
  6. Sissruukk Rogue One

The issue that I see with them limiting the nigriventer drops is that they are trying to force there having to be 3-4 rogues present to fulminate the coalition, instead of it fulminating off of other meleers using Spider's Bite. Gormar drops just fine off of stuff, so they still want tanks to have it, but they are limiting the Spider's Bite, trying to keep one rogue from fulminating their coalition on raids or in groups.

As for getting nigriventer via Overseer: this may seem like a good idea, but forcing me to play a game that I have no interest in playing in order to get items that should be dropping with more regularity doesn't appeal to me.
    Fenthen likes this.
  7. Symbius Augur

Which should be nerfed. These are supposed to be class based. The rogue only poisons should be the only things that proc their alliances.

Everyone else has to suffer with these god awful abilities, so they should feel the pain as well.
  8. Covennx Augur

It is class based, and even more so because rogues have to actually preplan to farm and then make the poisons, hand them out, then beg people to use them.
    Fenthen, Sissruukk and Svann2 like this.
  9. Sissruukk Rogue One

They did nerf it (mostly) by making nigriventer extremely hard to come by now. Even utility poisons have been nerfed to a degree, relying on foraging to get them. They have basically relegated rogues into using their pants poisons only (unless you actually want to make Bite of the Shissar). The rogue's unique ability to make items for a DPS boost for other classes, which has benefits to the rogue, have been nerfed.
  10. Ninelder Augur

I have a better idea. Give us a tinkered contraption that will convert 5 of one type of poison ingredient to 1 of another type poison ingredient. And 5 of a lower level poison ingredient to 1 of a higher level poison ingredient.

Yours truly, A guy with 20,000 old poison ingredients in his rogues bank.
    Fenthen, Sissruukk and tanith like this.
  11. Rasseff New Member

That is a pretty good idea Nine, mine are full of them now too.
  12. Svann2 The Magnificent

People got used to them being plentiful in ros/tbl because they accidentally left them on a vendor and so many stocked up before it was removed. OOOPS
    Sissruukk likes this.