Are we actively trying to flush this game down toilet?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tappin, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Tappin Augur

Well, if they fixed the server lag, maybe people would welcome new players to server.
  2. Zamiam Augur

I guess you don't get the lil winky face , but raid peeps are SOO serious ..
  3. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Why are you trying to start a raiding versus grouping argument? That is irrelevant to this thread.
    Duder likes this.
  4. Tappin Augur

I think he is complaining about the added lag and bots. The raid thing was brought up by the other poster like it requires someone to bow down. It is what it is...
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

If you play on a TLP, you no longer have access to your server once your subscription runs out. That means I have to switch to a live server to click a krono on each of 5 accounts, then back to the TLP server.

I haven't had the displeasure of logging into a live server without a subscription for a while, but it's a pain in the rear, too, because you don't have the bag space and your stuff gets sent to the overflow vendor. So basically, I use a level one mule on a live server to click kronos.
    Corwyhn Lionheart, Fenthen and Jumbur like this.
  6. Hayzeus Augur

I have to admit that that sounds annoying AF (that that? - weird word combo).

Yet, despite my empathy for the annoyance of this problem, part of me cannot help but wonder why you Krono users don't take steps to *avoid* this very annoyance. Can a case be made that you shouldn't have to take steps... sure... and I suppose maybe that's what is happening with this thread. But still, you all *have* this information available to you. YOU, and you alone, still have the individual power to take some accountability to overturn DB's attempt to annoy you. You all know, exactly (to the minute), when that 30-day window is going to annoy you.

If only there was an easy way of setting modern reminders on a nearby device that has a high likelihood of also being nearby 29 days from now. Let me just Google up options on my mobile device. Hmmm... some weird app found on most mobile devices called a Calendar? Why don't you set a calendar reminder for 29 day's in the future? I'll respect your rights to say "because I shouldn't have to do that" if you respect my right to rebut with "well then - reap what you choose to sow."

If the timing of getting booted is truly that mission critical for you, then take control of the situation - set a freaking reminder, and move on. The timing of your future boot is KNOWN from the second you click that Krono... so use that information you have available to thwart their attempts to annoy you. Use it to protect your own interests if your interests are that critical.

I'm actually one of the freaks that liked the "days left" counter on my inventory. I really would prefer that they bring it back because I did enjoy looking at how many days I have left. My sub is one of those old 2-year subs, so knowing how many days out of 730 I have left would be cool to have back.

Yah, I'm a +1 for bringing back the "days left" counter, but I'm also a +1 for taking personal accountability and utilizing KNOWN information to better your situation by setting a reminder.
    Cuuthbert, Rolaque and Tarvas like this.
  7. Sprained wrist hurts New Member

blah... blah... blah... You forget to mention the part where you can just click the krono before your acct. expires. You know, like a grown up.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I totally agree with you!!

The entire root cause of that feature being taken away were the Krono users on TLP who consistently got locked out because they could not track the time. They buried CS with petitions. They hated logging into live servers to correct it.

And why, (little Billie asks) can't they track time when they can track to the minute a rare spawn will occur?

Because you only get 30 days with a Krono and the billing date changes each month. Then leap year happens and mess's with it further. With a CC the bill date never changes.

Removing the counter does nothing to alleviate the issue as you can see. Players still get caught short.

Just remind yourself that the 1 day of the month you need to consume a Krono. That should be set pretty good for a few months (like 28?)
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yep I have a couple accounts I maintain with krono.. Put them a few months ahead and now just consume one at the 1st of the month.
  10. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Are we actively trying to flush this game down toilet?

11. Bigstomp Augur

My accounts expire now and then, and I am able to log in fine and click a krono without any issues.
    No overflow/bag space issues.
    Accipiter and Smokezz like this.
  12. Smokezz The Bane Crew

That doesn't happen. I've had my accounts inactive for a couple months at a time (during beta). Simply log in, click a Krono and all is well. I have a char that's almost always f2p, no bag issues there either, he has all 40+ slot bags in all 10 slots.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Perhaps they meant the shared bank slots? My F2P with 24 free expansions have 2 less than the paying accounts.
  14. -Escia- New Member

"Hey Alexa (or Hey Google) Set reminder for 718 hours from now to use a Krono"...
  15. John Redcorn III New Member

22 years.
  16. Nennius Curmudgeon

22+
  17. Metanis Bad Company

A game we used to play just fine on 56k modems! Perhaps that's the problem, when most clients connected at low speeds it provided an element of automatic throttling. Now that we've got many clients connecting with hundreds of Megabit pipes perhaps their Content Distribution Network needs some rework?
    Elyssanda likes this.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

That may have changed. It was 3-4 years ago that I logged in, found I only had 4 inventory slots, and 4 bags were moved to overflow vendor.

Edit: Or maybe it was just 2 bags as CatsPaws indicates.
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

LOL. Quality.
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

Truth be told, I have a recurring calendar reminder for when I need to click a krono. Sometimes, though, I'm out of town or don't log in for a few days and so miss the window. The rest was (unintentionally) troll bait (not you, others).