AFK AE Players screwing Aradunes economy

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dirkman, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Covus New Member

Yeah you right I just checked with the dude and the wizard uses an enchanter too. I always thought it was 1 since he only plays the enc/clr. Anyways, recently with the bonus the past 2-3 weeks and with a pot it's been about 7aa and hour give or take or the west side.
  2. Gnothappening Augur

That makes a lot more sense. They are still pretty brave imo if they are doing it without a bard. Like AOEBox said, denon's is great for the aoe MR debuff. TBH,I couldn't imagine playing a bard main, but they have to be one of the best 2nd boxes of all time. I don't know of anything they don't pair well with.
  3. AoEBox Elder

If said buddy is pulling with a cleric and stunning with an enchanter I will 100% bet your buddy is automating that enchanter , pulling takes attention in the deep otherwise you will lose a good majority of the pull and aren't being effective with your time. ( so he is likely circumventing the truebox code with a mouse clicker or a AHK ). If he is truly spamming 1 key while pulling on his cleric then I would be curious to how he is "staggering" those stuns to overlap eachother.
  4. Laronk Augur

Does it feel any different when normal groups are there. I started playing EQ at the end of Kunark and often I would find myself wanting to do X but it was already camped and there were no pick zones. Same thing with current expansions, ill go to camp a named and it's sometimes camped. In demand items in new expansions can actually be camped pretty heavily sometimes early on.

Also what can the server community do about the op's example in the deep where they AOE trains?
  5. NoMoreTLPs Journeyman

That isn't a rule, you can go afk while in a group, you cant just go afk while automating the game

Not sure why you would be trying to get normal players who are paying for PL banned from the game tho lol, TLPs truly are doomed
  6. Gnothappening Augur

Sadly that isn't how the rules for Aradune are written. Also, even if the people getting the PL weren't technically breaking the rules by sitting afk soaking exp for hours (which they are on Aradune for sure), the people doing the PLVL are playing more than two toons, at least the ones I am thinking of are.

All of this is why many of us said just make Aradune into Mangler 2.0 instead of the 2 box limit. All the 2 box limit has done is hurt regular players who would like to box 3-6. So far it hasn't really done much to the people boxing 10+.
  7. Triconix Augur

Never before has a forum name been so appropriate.

1. It is against the EULA to be afk. (https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/230629007-What-are-the-EverQuest-Rules-of-Conduct- Section 1.1.8).
    2. Aradune has an AFK timer implemented so if anyone is somehow afk longer than the timer, that must mean they have something that forces the character in game to make an action. Unattended gameplay is not allowed (https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/230629007-What-are-the-EverQuest-Rules-of-Conduct- Section 1.1.8).
    4. Zone disruptions that create adverse effects on normal gameplay such as zone lag caused by trains is against the EULA (https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/230629007-What-are-the-EverQuest-Rules-of-Conduct- Section 1.1.3).
    3. Aradune has a specific 2-box limit. Many PLers are using more than 2 characters. This is against the server rules. (https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-t...radune you,actions taken against your account.)

Pump the brakes there, dooms-dayer. The game survived without TLPs before. The game will survive without them if for some reason they were shut down. However, even if DPG were to remove these possible violators the game would certainly not shut down. Let's not exaggerate.

I don't think many are actively trying to get people banned for AFK PLing. I think most are simply acknowledging that it's borderline violation, and in some cases definitely cheating. We are all most likely "guilty" of this violation the way it's stated in the EULA. The issue then lies with enforcement and severity of the offender's afk. Sitting in a non-combat afk receiving no quantitative benefit clearly won't get the GMs giving out bans. That would be tyrannical and destroy the game as this is a potential violation that is found game-wide. However, sitting afk for hours, gaining exp, progression flags, achievements, etc. could potentially be deemed severe enough for GMs to take action (not to mention it's literally impossible to be legitimately afk for hours in Aradune. To be afk that period of time means they are cheating). That's a judgement call by the GMs at this point as DPG has been very, very vague with their enforcement of this in the past.

They are also acknowledging that people are condemning the same violations that the SG botters were guilty of, while condoning it in this situation because there is this perception that PLers are somehow benevolent when in reality they aren't.

Personally, I believe you cannot vilify the individuals whom report the same violation that is ostracized in a different situation because you personally feel they are of some benefit to the server. This sentiment can easily be used to defend the "bad botters" of the server.
    Gnothappening likes this.
  8. Gnothappening Augur

Why resort to personal attacks? I am pro powerleveling and thought it would be the death of Aradune if it didn't have it. That being said, Aradune was made to be a two box server for people who want to play on a server as close to 1 char per person as possible. Having people play 6+ to powerlevel others breaks the rules and defeats the purpose of that server. There are a lot of servers, actually every other server, where you can play as many toons as you want, some limited to the number of computers you have, some not.

As for the rules. Here is one that applies. As the person being plvled is away from the computer for more than a few seconds, they should either move to an empty corner of the zone or log out. I'm not targeting the people getting the plvl though. They are only technically breaking the rules. The ones that are actively violating the rules are those playing 6+ to do the powerleveling.

8. Unattended Gameplay
    It is not permitted for an account to be played unattended or AFK. If you are going to be away from the computer for more than a few seconds please move your character to an empty corner of the zone or log out completely. If a character, including any pets or mercs, is found performing actions while the user is away disciplinary action may be taken against the account.
  9. Gnothappening Augur

I do think plvling is a useful service that most TLPs need. I am against it on Aradune because that is the ruleset people wanted and the ruleset that happened. What I would actually like to see is for the Aradune ruleset to NEVER be repeated again. No more super GM banning. Leave it at Truebox and not Truebox 2 account limit, etc.

Personally, I think that if DPG actually did enforce the rules and banned those plvling, enough people would drop out of playing because they don't have time to level, that DPG wouldn't ever repeat Aradune rules again.
  10. Triconix Augur

I personally have no issue with legitimate PLs. A person behind a keyboard receiving benefits from a higher level to assist in accelerated leveling is a non-issue. Bending or clearly breaking rules is when I start to get iffy on the subject. Am I going to go out of my way and actively report it in hopes to ban someone? No, of course not. Do I acknowledge the issue? Yes, obviously.

You may be right regarding the population taking a hit if PLing is gone, but the counter argument is what happens when people need to put outside of raid effort for things such as progression, achievements, augs, etc? The typical TLPer seems inclined to experiencing "end game." Well, playing end game optimally requires some dedication in time. If you cannot dedicate 20 game hours biweekly at minimum, accelerated content probably isn't something you should be doing any way. You're just a ticking time bomb of soon-to-be burnt out player or constantly lagging behind everyone else which leads to you quitting anyways. That really doesn't benefit DPG all that much.

Aradune is still in its infancy. I had friends come back after multi-year breaks and get to 60 with 50+ AA's within a couple weeks without any PL services purchased. It's really not as much work as people are making it out to be. Averaging 10-20 hours a week for 2-4 weeks and you would be essentially done with any required experience you may need currently (you don't need max AAs. Innate metabolism will not benefit you in any way lol).
  11. Gnothappening Augur

LIES! That is one of my favorate AA as I am cheap and hate spending money on stat food. It makes food last so much longer that I spring for the good stuff.
  12. Triconix Augur

Just set it up to force eat junk food every time you turn my dude! 1 stack of stat food lasts me months and months.
  13. AoEBox Elder

14. Triconix Augur

Ironic seeing how you were in such a fit that you couldn't even properly format your reply.

You may want to look up what a "Karen" is. The OP asked a question, I simply answered. I'm not whining or demanding anything. Stating fact, nothing more.

1. Did you even read what I wrote or just slithering in such a rage you ignored it? I believe I already had a counter for your enlightening and elegantly witty response already.
    "We are all most likely "guilty" of this violation the way it's stated in the EULA. The issue then lies with enforcement and severity of the offender's afk. Sitting in a non-combat afk receiving no quantitative benefit clearly won't get the GMs giving out bans. That would be tyrannical and destroy the game as this is a potential violation that is found game-wide. However, sitting afk for hours, gaining exp, progression flags, achievements, etc. could potentially be deemed severe enough for GMs to take action (not to mention it's literally impossible to be legitimately afk for hours in Aradune. To be afk that period of time means they are cheating). That's a judgement call by the GMs at this point as DPG has been very, very vague with their enforcement of this in the past."

An anology would be speeding. Many of us are guilty of it. Many of us don't care if it happens. Cops don't always enforce speeding. To do so would require too many resources, not have much of a positive effect, and result in a worse situation than what they were policing. They tend to go after the severe offenders, ones who are truly a danger to the road. Much like GMs. They aren't going to go after the harmless nexus/pok/GL/GH afker as they aren't accomplishing much. They may, however, go after the person who receives extreme significant benefits while not actually being around.

2. It's still technically against the rules to be AFK. Such a conundrum you must be in that you cannot see these two points are very intertwined. Either you're potentially breaking the rules for being afk or you're definitely breaking the rules for using automation software. What a pickle we have here! I'm enthralled to see your response. (Not really, this doesn't seem your strong suit).

3. There was clarification to that. It's two characters per person per household. But this isn't the situation at hand, so why are you throwing around red herrings? We are talking about clear and obvious 3+ boxers who offer PL services. Turn that car around and get back on the topic at hand.

4. Would be no skin off my back. If the GMs feel it compelling enough reason, sure. Also, your response still doesn't take away from the fact that it is, indeed, against the EULA, so stop with the doltish sarcasm and try to respond with legitimate refutes. However, you seem incapable of such.
  15. Lejaun Augur

Being AFK isn't against the EULA as far as I can see. It is when your character, or pets or mercs "is found performing actions while the user is away disciplinary action may be taken against the account."

Also, attacking someone because of a formatting error? Nothing illustrates your point better than to attack someone's grammar or formatting, eh?
  16. Machen New Member

It actually is. You should read more carefully.

17. Lejaun Augur

How carefully do I need to read? The intent of the rule is pretty clear. It is referring to your character being played, such as what you might do by foraging or crafting or killing things (in particular things like your pets or mercenary).

It is not saying you can't step away from the game while you are online. It even gives you an example of staying online while you are away from the screen.
  18. Lejaun Augur

Step away from the screen for a bit to use the bathroom, place your character in a situation where they aren't going to be affecting the game, and you don't get banned.

Step away from the screen, keep your character in a situation where your pet or mercenary is killing things, or you are auto-foraging/fishing/crafting, or another activity, and you get suspended if you get caught.

Pretty simple.
  19. Triconix Augur

The word "or" is a conjunction that connects two clauses. Get rid of the first clause and you have your answer.

8. Unattended Gameplay
    It is not permitted for an account to be played unattended or AFK. If you are going to be away from the computer for more than a few seconds please move your character to an empty corner of the zone or log out completely.

The very next sentence even goes as far as to state that if you're even just afk for more than a few seconds you must move your character or log out. That pretty clearly indicates just being afk is a violation.

We can argue the merits of the rule, if you'd like, but that's a completely different topic. At this point it's pretty redundant to argue IF it's against the rules. It is. What people seem to be trying to do is argue if they agree with the rules or not. That wasn't the argument, ever. I think they just felt compelled to because they knew arguing if it was or wasn't a rule was futile.

I personally think the rule is a bit over the top if we take it at face value, but I went in detail stating that devs aren't going tyrannical with this. It's a judgement call for them based on the severity of the afk session.
  20. Lejaun Augur

No, it isn't. Find me a current statement from Darkpaw or Dreamweaver that states that going AFK in a safe place is against the EULA.