I would come back to Everquest TLP servers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roleplay Here, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Roleplay Here Journeyman

If there were a server where people were not boxing and botting everywhere.
    Arctodus likes this.
  2. AraduneWizard Journeyman

Guess you aren't coming back then. Off to P99 you go!
  3. Roleplay Here Journeyman

Nah I'll just stick with Wow Classic, TBC is out soon enough.
  4. Kiaro Augur

Complains about botting...
    Says he's going to go play a game that has 1000x the Botters.
    Sounds legit.
    Skuz, Nolrog, Lejaun and 5 others like this.
  5. TheDohn Augur

Registering an account and posting to the forums to tell people you're not going to play a video game is a super well-adjusted and sane thing to do.
    Skuz, Lejaun, code-zero and 2 others like this.
  6. Roleplay Here Journeyman

This account has been registered for about 15 years, my dude. SO it really wasn't all that.
  7. NoMoreTLPs Journeyman

lol @ that trash game
  8. Roleplay Here Journeyman

It comes down to, if they want box armies like they currently have of RMT players, and are willing to spin up another Server everytime Pop launches to facilitate those players then cool. If they want a stable player base who plays one character and want to persist and continue progressing and that are not also trying to pay their utility bills with Krono RMT transactions then they will change.
  9. code-zero Augur

Krono pay for TLP, you have to take the good with the bad
  10. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

That is a hot take!
  11. wildone Elder

i 5 box in wow classic a lot and some times i use all 10 accounts that we have in the family amd i am not the only one but because most wow raids are in instances you dont notice it.
  12. Iyacc Augur

I would be willing to bet that very few(if any) software companies care WHO uses their game/service and pays for it, so long as SOMEONE does. If they are selling enough subs and kronos to keep the game going and make the investors a profit, why would they care where that money is coming from?

It's a numbers game - if incoming money is enough more than outgoing money - win/win. They get profit and the players/RMTers/casuals/hardcores/tryhards/goldfarmers/etc. who ARE paying get to keep paying.

This is literally all that matters.

13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Plus 15
    equals 2028.
    See...he is not leaving just yet!
  14. Arctodus Elder

I was attempting to find a Brad McQuaid interview he did with Koster during SWG, discussing the cost of launching an mmo including maintenance, r&d, etc. But not luck, I quoted it in a paper back in 06. Anywho, the fact I wanted quoted here is 80k players was the goal. This is the figure came up with during his tenure with SoE. I am really tired of seeing Krono's are what keep the lights on. I do not think so, whales can only repeat the same content so much before they are bored. What I see being developed for live side is even more terrible. They drop the same junk with more stats and spells/skills with ranks. Well hopefully the new owners, devs, and engineers will spark a fire.
  15. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

They can make those rules, and tried to with Aradune, but the reality is that they can't enforce it well enough to keep it that way. It just costs too much in GM and CS staff time to ensure the level of enforcement needed to keep people happy.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. MMOer Augur

id come back if there was a new TLP
  17. Trevalon Augur

Honestly, I am less interested in WHEN the new server is and more interested in are they going to have the hardware to keep the server running.

A New server does no good if it is a repeat of the insanity that was Aradune. I ended up not being able to play on Aradune because of the insane queue times.

Honestly, if they could get their acts together they should release 2 servers and have them merge at GoD.
  18. trihardfriday New Member

When they have quarterly earnings to report.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Aradune launch was really problematic, the next TLP will guaranteed not be problem-free, but it should perform a lot better than Aradune did due to many fixes that went in, OTOH performance of the EQ servers has not been terribly good in 2020/2021 overall in my view but whether that is down to the game or the hosting company it is harder to say, seems to be a case of gets better for a while then goes bad again so more about consistency.
    That's a subjective opinion of course, but certainly how its felt to me.
  20. Faydra Augur

You know as well as I do that it is going to be as big of a cluster as Aradune launch was. Nothing has changed, the log in server will be absolutely broken and throttled just like before.

We're all still going to play though.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.