Government just gave me money to play more video games. Why no new progression server? No like $$?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MMOer, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Protagonist Tank

When they made that comment, the plan was still to do a rolling-merge pop lock server and they had a code-problem that prevented any mergers at all. They had to solve the merge problem before announcing a merge-centric server plan. They solved the merge problem, but then the announcement got massively panned as unpopular so it never happened. I'd strongly bet their comment wasn't in reference to server resources, but in reference to their (then) lack of ability to merge.
  2. Machen New Member

The plan as they announced it was to do two pop-locked servers with no rolling merge. Rolling merge was just a player desire / pure speculation.
    code-zero and Skuz like this.
  3. Protagonist Tank

That's a fair correction - the rolling merge wasn't a part of the announcement. They seldom/never announce decisions in advance - gotta leave room for changes after the next time they're bought up.

But it's a reasonable assumption, based on the available data and the timing of this decision vis a vis the timing of Green.
  4. MMOer Augur

Sorry Daybreak, I bought new tires for one of my cars. You lost your chance to get dat money son.
  5. NoMoreTLPs Journeyman

dont think they're worried about people who would choose between new tires and digital junk on a 20+ year old game

Whenever they release the TLP, you'll be there with wallet/credit card in hand
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Like that was even a real choice, what were you gonna do stay on old tires & risk an accident to play EQ? Crazy talk.:confused:
  7. MMOer Augur

Pizza sounds yummy