Magician: The best tracker in the game.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Nuttmeg, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Hmm... 4 year old thread, and your post adds absolutely nothing to it. I give this thread necro a very solid 9.4 out of 10 possible points.
  2. Arclyte Augur

??? this was on the front page i swear
  3. NoMoreTLPs Journeyman

Huge portion of the playerbase uses a cheat program that shows the entire map, where ever mob is real time, and can even trigger alerts when named mobs spawn

You're competing against cheaters who are using programs, including in some cases bot programs, to farm for Krono.

Welcome to the cesspool that is TLPs.
  4. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I was here when this thread was made, this was a different issue. If you know the mob's name you can do /target without Z-axis restrictions. Since RE is a small zone, you can sit near the center and do this to check if the mobs are up and send your pet if they are.

I mean sure, the person could be using the program you mention, but that program doesn't allow them to target a mob and send their pet to it AFAIK. It would just be giving them a heads up so they could use the functionality that is already in the game client to accomplish this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

6. NoMoreTLPs Journeyman

This would help, but doesnt stop the botters and people who use the tracking/map hacks

This would be a disaster, and would fundamentally change the way pets work as a function of the mage. the primary source of a Magicians power is their pets, they protect the caster, if a mob attacks the mage the pet attacks the mob, etc.

Again this makes no sense, pets are THE primary damage/power source of a mage lol

Again ridiculous... people are allowed to go afk, and magicians have advantage of Invis or if it breaks, the pet has a chance to protect them. You're reacting to a segment of the population and wanting to completely change an entire class as a knee jerk reaction to what you're experiencing

Lets make feign death not work after inactivity as well, how about invis breaking, or bard songs, etc etc etc..

Just another reason TLPs are so toxic... everyone is so caught up in the treadmill of krono farming that they view the game from that lens only... Mages generating too much competition for you in Runnyeye? Nerf them into oblivion!

Its like a King Joffrey mentality, completely ignoring the impacts of said changes across 20+ expansions of EQ into Live server just to make your tiny little world on a TLP farming an item easier

Get off the TLP treadmill everyone, it is poison!
    Metanis likes this.
  7. yerm Augur

Look at these haughty talking quote rebuttals of 4 year old content. Some real alphas in here.
    Bobbybick and Glowerss like this.