Itemization Wish List

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Darchon_Xegony, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Thinking about some items I’ve had in my bags for year that I could definitely see being upgraded, I’m curious what other people’s thoughts are on items that could use upgrades in a future expansion or some future hardcore heritage content?

Specialization Augments. Originally we got these in LDoN and then in CotF they got a minor upgrade. I wouldn’t mind seeing another wave of upgrades with a +10 skill bump instead of the +5 COTF offered. Alternatively moving these Augs to Type 3 slot could be interesting depending on your class. Having the option to put them in Type 3 vs Type 8 would be cool.

Curse or Corruption Cure Clicky. CoTF offered Raiders the Immaculate shield upgrade and TDS offered Raiders the Venenium. I’d love to see another chase item from a new set of raids with a curse or corruption single cure.

Old-Buff clickies. Starting around Luclin there were a few clickies from raid drops that offered lesser versions of player casted buffs. The BPs from Cursed offered a lower HP value Focus, the Torque from Emperor offered a lower HP value Brells. In TSS there was a quest for Orb of Duskmold, a lower value Symbol. In GoD casters and priests could obtain the Lizardscale belt for spell haste and melee could obtain one for melee haste. Jump to RoF and there was Essence of Ruabaari from group content and upgrades from raid content for Brells and Familiar lines of raw HP buffs.

I’d really love to see them introduce some quested or achievement locked clickies that offer you past expansion versions of buffs. IE in a new expansion a few Clickies. One for Skin, Symbol, Focus, Brell, Spiritual, Clarity, Spell Haste, Haste? Maybe go back and use the level 106-110 versions of these spells if the 111-115s are seen too much in a new 120 cap expansion.

Another Evolving Item - I really enjoyed the TBL chase items and ToV Earring quests. I think the next evolving item should be a weapon though. Maybe at the end of the quest or achievement to obtain the first evolving item they come in Knight 1h, Priest 1h, Caster 1h, Martial 1h, and Melee 1hs/1HB/1hp variants. At the end of the evolving the last group and raid rank are class specific with a unique sympathetic, proc and click. Similar to the RoF class weapons. Maybe once and for all replace the remaining class epics by upgrading the clickies and using the same timer. Give the classes who don’t have a currently useful class epic a new clicky. I think it would also be cool if there were a convert option to allow people to switch between 1h and 2h or bow for ranger.l as

Upgraded Shawl Aug - I am very surprised out of 2 Velious expansions this never happened. But upgrading these and reworking the tank aug to proc off something other than defensive abilities that never occur with 100% Heroic Strikethrough chance would be cool.

Upgraded Rez Stick - The OMM rez stick was a game changer for a lot of classes specifically shaman/druid who only had Call to rez in combat. But with the newly changed EXP scale for 111-115, 90% rezzes are pretty painful. Also when the original rez stick was released we already had a 90% out of combat rez spell. Now both classes have a 96% out of combat rez AA. I think it’s time to upgrade this item.

What are some items you’d like to see enter the game that have stopped being introduced over the years?
    Coagagin and Zynt like this.
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Nice list!

I mostly agree with what you're asking. But the OMM rez stick is still VERY powerful and needs no upgrading. 90% battle rez for non-Cleric priest classes is amazing plus the range on it is bonkers. . Since the expansion launched I have stayed at max XP and play like 12 hours a week, most of that raiding (and dying). So I disagree that 90% rezzes are painful.

I would really like to see Blood Drinker's Coating upgraded or given a shorter cool down.
    tanith and Qimble like this.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

An added note on the 90% vs. 96% rezzes:

When you die, XP loss is roughly 10% of a level. The difference between a 96% rez and a 90% rez is 6% of 10%, or .6% of a level. Just doing one Overseer mission will get you back that much, plus a little bit.
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I tend to find the loss of xp for dying is more like 9% but I cannot be sure so let's say it is 10%.

Sorry, but your math is off.

96% rezz: 10% x 0.96 = 9.6% ....So you lose 0.4% of your level.
    90% rezz: 10% x 0.90 = 9% ....So you lose 1% of your level

The difference is 0.6%, not 6% of your level.

It only adds up and counts if you take a lot of 90% rezzes vs. 96% rezzes. And using Overseer, you can get it back quickly.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. KrakenReality Augur

Who cares about the Rez stick? Nobody actually mains a cleric anymore.
  6. Qimble Augur

Pally only weapon with a tap instead of a rune. would be cool. I love the idea of a long, PITA quest that offers a new epic. I know new class-specific epics are out of the question, but it seems like if they all shared a quest it would be doable.
  7. Qimble Augur

Several people in my guild do, lol.
    Coagagin likes this.
  8. roth Augur

I’d like to see a higher Defense skill mod than what is offered by the Tear of Alaris. A slot 3 aug would be nice.

I’d also like to see another slot 3 aug, that has a Riposte skill mod.

The last Slot 5 augs with AC came from LDoN. The 25 AC chain, 35 AC plate augs are getting very long in the tooth by this point...
  9. Karhar Dream Crusher

Mercs for you forever.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Svann2 and Rexa like this.
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Our math was exactly the same. Not sure what you're talking about, we agree!

I think I see where the confusion is. I didn't write it as "0.6%" but as ".6%". The decimal point is there.
  11. Rexa Ask someone else for buffs

Eh? You you must not play a raid priest based on that statement. Think in some guilds, it's even mandatory for an applying raid priest to even have it. The clicky rez stick is also faster casting than the cleric's Blessing of Resurrection AA/ability as well. Something to consider here. While the rez stick generally sees more "mileage" from druids and shaman, a split second can matter if you're spam healing an MT and need to get the backup MT back immediately in a hairy raid situation.

Anyway, I think it should be left at 90%. Otherwise, the risk vs reward just keeps diminishing in EQ. The overseer system already diminished a lot of risk since you can get any experience loss from deaths on raid virtually back with just 3 missions or so regardless of the type of rez received (96 vs 90).
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Many of these have been introduced as 1 single buff plus extras

Illusion Benefit Greater Jann
    1: Additional Damage to Spells (200)
    2: Stacking: Block new spell if slot 2 is effect 'Add Proc' and < 49000
    3: Increase Attack Speed by 50%
    4: Mitigate Spell Damage by 100%, 0 total
    5: Increase Corruption Resist by 20
    6: Increase Chance to Reflect Spell by 5%
    7: Metabolism (50)
    8: Increase Mana Pool by 1000
    9: Increase Damage Shield by 100
    10: Increase Hitpoints by 10 per tick. Max: None. Calculates to current max level
    11: Increase Endurance Pool by 1000
    12: Increase Double Attack by 6%
    13: Increase Chance to Dodge by 20%
    14: Decrease Damage Shield Taken by 200
    15: Increase Mana by 10 per tick
    16: Mitigate Melee Damage by 100%, 0 total
    17: Increase Max Hitpoints by 1000
    18: Increase Endurance by 10 per tick
    19: Absorb Dot Damage (100%)
    20: Increase Damage Bonus by 25 with 1H Blunt
    21: Increase Damage Bonus by 25 with 1H Slashing
    22: Increase Damage Bonus by 25 with 2H Blunt
    23: Increase Damage Bonus by 25 with 2H Slashing
    24: Increase Damage Bonus by 25 with Hand To Hand
    25: Increase Damage Bonus by 25 with Piercing
    26: Increase Damage Bonus by 25 with 2H Piercing

Add to that the Familiars for completing missions and the mount buff from completing all quest and your pretty much have everything you are asking for just not other classes spells.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Rexa like this.
  13. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I would like to see an upgrade to the Vermilion Sky Ring (Shaman FD Ring)!! maybe one that holds 5 charges at least. 2 charges goes quick and a lot of the time I forget to go recharge it.
    Sowslow likes this.
  14. Darchon_Xegony Augur

The Jann illusion surely included a lot of things, but it does not replace what I am suggesting here.

Orb of Duskmold (TSS-Quest) - 700 HP Symbol, at the time in TSS best Cleric symbol was around 1400 HP

XYZ BP of the Void (Cursed-Luclin Raid) - 225 HP in Shielding/Focus slot, at the time in Luclin best Focus was 405 HP

Torque of the Wyrmlord (Emperor-Luclin Raid) - 300 HP in Brells slot, at the time in Luclin best Paladin Brells was 225 HP

Lizardscale Woven Sash (CragbeastQueen-GoD Raid Quest) - 5% Spell Haste, at the time in GoD best Cleric spell haste was 10%

Generally, these clickies offer a buff in those slots 50% the value of the max buff at the time, Torque being a weird exception. I'd like to see clickies for many of the main buff lines offer a similar 50% value buff for people to use when those classes aren't present or after a rez. Maybe this means creating a unique ID for the buff or maybe it means just using the rank 1-3 of the level 106-110 buffs which are likely to be 50% the value of the 116-120 variants whenever the next level expansion is out.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Fanra like this.
  15. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Yes, I was unable to see the decimal point.
  16. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Are you being serious ??o_O
    Gyurika Godofwar and Rexa like this.
  17. Tadenea Augur

there is actually already a slightly better upgrade to Orb of Duskmold
    its called Mithril-Runed Tunic only 800hp though from OMM
    only 100 higher though
  18. bortage spammin lifetaps

sympathetic rune proc on knight 1handers
    Zinth likes this.
  19. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Forgot to include in first post, an upgrade to the Stormeye Band would be cool. From Luclin - DoN they created a few slot 4 DS clicky buffs from several items. However they stopped updating them.

It would be cool to see a new one come in with DS value around 1000~ so it matches better against current content.
  20. Stephen51 Augur

Epics - In an earlier thread - when epics updates were requested - devs said that if new epics were to be developed - it would cost a complete expansion no new zones, mobs, gear spells etc - just epics, so time consuming and therefore costly was the development to work on individual class quests and the ultimate epics themselves.

Why go to that sort of trouble? If you character has an epic, they have earned it already - why not tie a new epic tied to the new expansion by making it a reward for completing the expansion? Can put it behind all the group achievements or just progression. Can add a raid epic for those completing raid achievements?

Realistically you would just be looking to update certain clickies and stats, not develop whole new epics, a lot like itemisation is right now for everything else. It would keep epics current and level the playing field for those class epics that are now of no/limited use.