Quality of life request: Quick Switch Armor Sets

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Torrok, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Torrok Journeyman

Similar to Bandolier except for all armor slots. I'm sure you guys won't find a way to exploit this

Please add the feature

thanks!
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Aegir and Skuz like this.
  3. Yeroc New Member

4. Yeroc New Member

Make more lore videos!
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

Other than the first few expansions where resist gear is needed, when would you use this?
    Nolrog and Skuz like this.
  6. Zipe The Healer

Hello,
    I think that this is a troll post but well, I'll bait.
    I can't remember any precedence about this in WoW besides trinked swapping and the 30 sec reuse added after swap but I do abused this a lot in SWG.
    Back in the day you could instantly swap all your inventory. During the very late eras of SWG they added Skill mods to armor. So basically, if you wanted to be godlike, you equipped a set that boosted a skill before using a skill, then you swapped to another set (for next skill or a set that boosted defenses).
    Obviously they nerfed it and then you couldn't swap the gear during combat because it was stupid overpowered to do so.
    In Everquest we don't have a similar scenario although the Chespieces of the later eras boost individual skills but since the gear homogenization it isn't needed to swap that pieces.
    All I can think of is a Group geared tank swapping to an old Raid chestpiece to extend the duration of Deflection/Fortitude 6 extra seconds. That would be op to do during combat with a single macro keypress.
    Besides that, what uses could it have? Quickly swapping from a defensive set to an offensive set? Sure, I bet Live players would love to quickly swap from HSTA set to HDEX set, but doing this would be extremely overpowered if you can do it during combat (ie: Area damage incoming? Everyone swap to HSTA set!).
    You can do all of this manually but I guess that the OP means having the ability to do so by using ingame macros. I can't see it happening.
  7. Moranis Augur

While I'm usually in favor of spicing things up (especially on TLPs) - I'm generally not into things that make players more powerful than they currently are...not that I can think of any crazy advantage this might offer.

Now, if the "swap" was only useable when out of combat? I'm OK with that...swapping to different resist gears for different mobs would be a cool QoL thing...but min/maxing with armor pieces during fights is just bound to be problematic.
  8. Darchon_Xegony Augur

For casters/priests swapping between the current ToV/CoV heal proc/DD amplify focus belt and the TBM Boremas DD proc belt, or tanks/melee swapping between the slow/cripple belt and the overdrive punch belt.

Swapping Powersources is also useful. As a druid I swap between the priest one with heroic wisdom one for more mana to start and the caster one for the extra spell damage. Melee may want to swap between the tank PS and the melee one for endurance regen after a death perhaps.

Beyond this, I am not sure I see much value in swapping non-weapon slots.
  9. Gremin Augur

I wouldn't mind it for trade skilling suits, selling(no room on my bandolier), etc.
  10. phattoni Augur

try playing past the first 5 expansions and this isnt a problem, waste of dev time, another tlp feature, it will never be used by anyone past planes of power.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

I guess there's at least some demand.
  12. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

I found myself sometimes swapping gear pieces situationally when I was lacking ideal focus effect setups during the level 70 TLP eras. For example I had my best heal focus and best nuke focus that shared a gear slot for a bit, so I'd swap the heal focus in for raids and the nuke focus in for most group/solo situations. Also had a rather outdated detrimental range focus that again didn't really matter for raids, so I'd swap it out for an item with better stats, but then swap it back in if I was pulling in group content.

Overall, situations like this are pretty uncommon. Even when I was swapping it was typically only 1-2 pieces of gear at a time. I wouldn't mind a simple bandolier type setup to be able to swap more easily, but I do agree it's probably not valuable enough of a function to really spend any significant dev time on.
  13. Aegir Augur

Even if there was a bandolier option for it, people still actually have to click the mask for it to work on Overlord Mata Muram.

I was playing around swapping out current era Items for skill mod equipment gained from items during Luclin Era. Take H2H mod from VT gloves - if you're capped at max Heroic Dex benefits (which you will be for some time), equipping the H2H mod gives you the equivalent of 8heroic dex bonus to accuracy past your first hard-cap... I gusss if you're a real try-hard, you can play around with stuff like that, but nothing significant game-changing will come out of it.

I can only imagine it being used for KS/DPS race situations in Classic era.. Bandoliering a lot of clicky nuke stuff that must be equipped to use, blow it all up, then equip best DPS gear to finish the job afterwards.
  14. Baldur Augur

It doesn't need to be a bandolier, all they would need to do is add a /equip command and you could put it in macros.

Vanguard had something like this if I'm remembering correctly.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Only time I ever wanted anything approaching this was to have a more RP-focused system that could change your "look" to better suit the environment.

Like pulling on an oilskin when it was raining heavy, having a heavy fur cloak when it is icy/cold/snowing or taking your sword/weapons & putting them on your back when you are in non-aggro areas like PoK/city bars, taking your helm off out of combat & putting it back on when in combat automatically.

But swapping actual items, nah sounds like it would create far more problems than anyone needs.
  16. Montag Augur

This would suck as it would create an annoying need to swap sets constantly to be optimal.
  17. HoodenShuklak Augur

If you're worried about being optimal then stress not... swapping gear is already a thing. The OP just wants an easier way! Anyone can continue not to swap gear as they please!
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.
  18. Montag Augur

That's a logic fail bud.

As it stands you'd be hard pressed to find a guild that EXPECTS people to gearswap multiple times through a fight, if there was an automated swap many more would expect it.
  19. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Nah. People were expected to /assist the main assist on raids long before "/assist main" or the extended target window existed. Making it easier to perform optimally doesn't mean that the option to perform optimally did not already exist.
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

The discussion was more about whether it was a good idea for DPG to spend money on something like this. The consensus is no.