Aradune rules no longer enforced - box armies everywhere

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by PotatoPowa, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

I said it multiple times going into these two servers that the server with the largest player base will have the most bot armies. Does not matter the ruleset these folks will find ways around anything you try to stop them. This is literally their job and it is far and away profitable enough to eat a few bans here and there.

If you really want to hurt these guys the best thing you can do is go out and farm items yourself. They are providing a service with the knowledge that most TLPers are time limited. Don't support them.
  2. Malachi Augur

I misread at first. But any foul language (even if provoked by arguably fouler language) or no matter what rampant botting is going on, you can't seriously be surprised that you got punished for this right? Literally the easiest thing to ban someone for with the least amount of proof required. If you were punished then 100% your aggressor in this scenario was also punished.
  3. Lejaun Augur

And I'm intelligent enough to deduce that the entire story wasn't being told. You weren't suspended for reporting. You were likely suspended for your conduct in the matter, which you either self-reported inadvertently, or that they reported you on.

It doesn't matter how emotional people get over giants. They have the right to suspend you for your behavior if they so choose.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

Paul Harvey is waiting for the rest of the story.
  5. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

I watched a guy get a 7 day suspension for keeping a mob mezzed that the solb automated bot farmers on mangler tried to pull, which resulted in their script messing up and monk standing in camp for over 30 minutes waiting for the mob to come in. The monk pulling was automated so if you just mezzed or rooted the mob they were trying to pull their script would stop. I was fd'd next to the mob (which the ench had already mezzed prior to the monk running up and tagging it, so technically it was more of the enchanters mob than it was theirs), about 35 minutes in to it a GM popped up and suspended him lol.
    PotatoPowa likes this.
  6. PotatoPowa Elder

Here's a possibility you have never considered: you're not as intelligent as you think, and that a guess and knee-jerk in the face of the implausible is not a deduction.

Let's do a thought experiment. Supposing what I said was 100% true and I could prove it to you without any doubt. How would you think, what would you say? Your disbelief indicates you would find it hard to believe, amazing, astonishing, and it would shake your very strong faith in the authority being wielded in the game.

Congratulations. You feel exactly how I felt. Stupified, amazed, baffled. And certainly very reluctant to go to those authorities again for any reason, as they proved themselves unreasonable trigger happy maniacs. Except when it comes to bot armies, apparently.
  7. PotatoPowa Elder

8. Lejaun Augur

Prove to me without a shadow of a doubt, then. I'll wait.
  9. Lejaun Augur

It's pretty simple to figure out. Even by your own admittance people get emotional over hill giant spawns, and then you even said that you responded back to him.

-Hill Giant spawns.
    -You and the other player have issues over who had the right to kill it.
    -Words get exchanged.
    -You petition him, he likely petitions you (or the GMs look at the evidence that you yourself provided).
    -Your conduct is found disruptive and you are temporarily suspended.

It's not hard to figure out the timeline of what likely happened. It's a heck of a lot more plausible than "someone called me the N word, and then I got suspended for reporting it."

By the way, you can help provide the information by going into the support page to prove me wrong. And of course, I'd be missing the other half of what happened, as its not implausible that you only send in the information that you wanted them to see, while the other person sent in the behavior your were suspended for.
    https://www.everquest.com/home ---> Support, Home ----> My activity
  10. yerm Augur

Someone petitioning another player at hill giants for hurty words getting slapped down for a week themselves actually makes me think better of the gm team.
  11. PotatoPowa Elder

When you have a person determined not to believe what you are saying that is never possible. You might be able to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. But you can't prove it beyond an unreasonable doubt. Anyway who are you? What if I prove it to you? What will you do? Oh, nothing right? So what's in it for me to waste the time going through old logs, screenshots, emails etc to prove to some guy I don't know, who won't believe me anyway, and won't do anything about it even if he did? What would you do, go back and give me that week back?
    You're "intelligent" in your own estimation? Did you pay for an online IQ test to verify this? I'm sure that was proof you didn't question right?
  12. PotatoPowa Elder

Another dunce cap chimes in.

You have constructed a fictional scenario with some resemblance to the truth. But because you have ego problems, you feel that because YOU constructed it, it is therefore the whole truth.

Your scenario is plausible. That does not make it what happened. But again, I don't care what you do or don't believe. I was there, you weren't. I gave feedback for benefit of any staff who may be interested in why people aren't reporting. They are qualified to verify what I'm saying, they have all the data somewhere, if they're interested in checking it out.

You on the other hand have elected yourself prosecuting attorney of me, or maybe defence of the GM, in a made for TV trial in which you are the star protagonist, and are proceeding to waffle as if you think anyone is impressed by what you imagine to be powers of deduction, but which are in fact powers of assumption. Have a nice day.
  13. PotatoPowa Elder

On this topic though I want to thank the GMs for cleaning out the bot armies from Sirens. It is appreciated by those of us who play the game as intended. I hope those bot armies start up on Rizlona and have a great time with their automated play.
  14. Gnothappening Augur

Hey now, they aren't welcome on Riz either. They play 24/7 for days straight. The people on riz don't want people afk farming stuff either. If you want to log in and farm sure, but don't afk farm.
    PotatoPowa likes this.
  15. Lejaun Augur

Smart enough to not break the rules of the game and get suspended. I guess you can't say the same. Would you like this cap of yours?

No waffling here. I gave you the chance to prove what happened. You declined.
  16. PotatoPowa Elder

LOL and what would you have done if I had proven it to YOUR satisfaction? What would you have done about it?
  17. Lejaun Augur

I would have written a book about the one time someone made an outlandish claim and actually managed to prove it. Would have been a best seller.
  18. PotatoPowa Elder

So, nothing. I thought so. Now you can see why I knew better than to waste more than a few seconds replying, can't you.
  19. Lejaun Augur

Strange how you have all of these posts, yet you can't take a moment to provide the proof.
  20. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

This reminds me of that thread we had a few weeks ago where the guy comes in and complains about how some jerk got him AFK checked by a GM, and how he wasn't causing any problems, and then he posts the chat log and it turns out he's a piece of crap with no self-awareness. I'm not saying that's the case here, just that sometimes it's funny when you do post the logs. We all had a good laugh.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...eaponization-of-afk-checks-on-rizlona.274052/
    jeskola likes this.