Toon accepts guildinvite but does not get invited.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Corwyhn Lionheart, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Had someone wanting an alt invited to my guild. Invites get sent no guildinvite message shows up on the officer toon but the invite does get received by the alt. Alt tries accepting the invite but nothing happens.

I have had them lot out and back in.

Had them create a guild and then delete it in hopes of resetting whatever it it is on the toon causing the problem and to ensure it wasn't a guild manager bug with them being in the guild but no tag showing and not showing up in listing. Even though they were able to create and delete their own guild could it still be a guild manager bug? I wonder about this because they were able to make their own guild. I guess it could be tested out by having them invited to another guild.

Told them to petition. Only other thing I can think of is making a name change on the toon but that costs DBC.
  2. Malbro Augur

I've always wondered how to delete a guild. I didn't know it was possible.
  3. Thash Zoner

There's a checkbox in options for "accept guild invites". Only thing I can think of.

Leader target self, and /guilddelete
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I don't remember but do you have to be in same zone for guild invite? Or is the TLP servers the only ones that still require that?
  5. Smokezz The Bane Crew

All servers require it. You can't invite to guild at all without being in the same zone.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Had this happen with someone when we were forming Age of Unity.

Can't remember exactly how we fixed it, the invite eventually went through in Plane of Knowledge.
    Things to try
    Have them targeted and use the invite to guild button in the guild manager
    Have them targeted and do /guildinvite
    Have them targetted and do /guildinvite *name*
    Have them untargetted and do /guildinvite *name*

Also make sure they have allow invites to guilds turned on

You could always try the quest to join a guild in the guild lobby and see if they can join that guild.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Thanks for the suggestions haven't tried the guild button invite yet.
  8. Ketnec New Member

Log the toon to be invited out to char select and back into game again, works like a charm
  9. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Cor, 5 or 6 years ago, when BDL on Luclin had that massive guild disappearance thing, we had problems reinviting people to the guild. There was some bug where they were showing up in the guild management window after inviting, but on their end they never got in, check your window to see if it is showing them as in the guild, but offline, you will have to then boot them from the guild and retry.

(and thank you JChan for working with me for HOURS that night getting all of that straightened out and giving our 4400 members back their home.)
  10. Kidiani Journeyman

I'd need more info but your second sentence says the officer did not gat an invite. If they are an officer then they are in a guild. Probably a miswording. Also make sure the option > receive guild invites is marked (as mentioned above). Make sure they are not anonymous and somehow still in a guild. Also Ely's suggestion is great because it shows no symptoms.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Ummmmm someone necro'd this post. Its a few years old.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  12. Frozen-Fire New Member

Necros are an essential part of the game.

For recap: go into options and check accept guild invites.
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Wasn't the problem. Eventually worked though.