Are we actively trying to flush this game down toilet?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tappin, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Tappin Augur

I defended you, the devs, for removing all access information from the inventory screen, but now you removed it from the launch pad as well?

When are going to fix this obnoxious lag? Band aids, like nerfing casters, are not going to correct server related issues (it’s only going to make it worse).

Let’s look the issues occurring during raids:

1.People receiving an emote to complete a task after they have already failed it, 2.Percent based event’s triggering much later than designed to,
    3.Bosses are HP locking because an event has not triggered (bugs the event),
    4.Tanks routinely dropping agro when they otherwise wouldn’t have,
    5.1/3 of your raid force gets disconnected.

How long do you think people will still play if you keeping ignoring the lag issues or providing band aids as attempt to fix them?
    Fenthen, Andarriel, Metanis and 3 others like this.
  2. KrakenReality Augur

Aren’t you the one that want the GMM HA experience nerds then complained about ToV kill experience being too low?
  3. Cicelee Augur

The points being made are valid, albeit slightly over exaggerated in the case of #5. However, the messenger and the thread title is going to turn away a lot of people from giving this validity and pause...
    minimind likes this.
  4. Windance Augur

We recently went back and did Vindi for kicks and had about 8-10 people all LD at the same point in the script.
  5. Tappin Augur

It appears there are far more people being disconnected from non continental US than from continental US (those playing in primary US servers). Just my observation. So your guild's mileage may vary a bit.

Derakor the Vindicator is one of the event mass LDs occur frequently, but it does happen on others such as Crusaders, Klandicar, and so forth.
    minimind likes this.
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

Removing the days left on an account may have been, as others have suggested, necessary for some, as yet unexplained, reason. But, it seems really silly that the devs. haven't found a way for it to return. Perhaps a spokesperson for Daybreak could explain.

With that having been said, the lag is getting worse in-game and the website is still one of the slowest to respond that I know of. For the record, I have really good cable internet. I live in the San Diego area. And still the lag gets worse and worse. Is anything being done about this? Do the players just have to suck it up and expect less for the same money each month? Is it really too difficult for the powers that be to both address the issue AND communicate a realization of the problem to the players?

Most of us are pretty understanding folks. At least I am. Throw us a bone. After all, we do ultimately pay your paychecks. Let us know what's being done.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They have explained that multiple times how the data was inaccurate and the only way to get accurate info is from logging into the website.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  8. Hayzeus Augur

I hope it's not on a septic system. There's no way this stuff decomposes properly. You'll be in there mucking it out in no time.
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

I was under the impression that problems like that can be fixed. Or is it just throw up the hands time? Perhaps the new owner will inject the resources to fix things and restore utility.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. GoneFission Augur

The lag is getting serious all across the game. I’ve spent a fair amount of time now farming AAs in ToV, and pulling mobs is getting to be a guessing game. I pull one to camp and sic pet when it’s about 50 feet away, and the mob jumps to being on my toes and is already hitting me. Or I send in the tank merc, and watch positioning change 2 or 3 times over 15 to 20 seconds until the client and server agree on where everyone is and what direction they’re facing.

It’s not that dangerous in open world play, but in one of those raid-mimic missions where everyone needs to take three steps forward, then two to the left on cue or get AE’d, it would be tough. I can only imagine the hash lag makes out of modern raid mechanics.
  11. Laronk Augur

The fact they can't fix that is dumb

If the problem is as described then it should be very fixable. It's just probably very low on the priority list and maybe the game can't use the same API the website uses because the game is so old.
    Fenthen likes this.
  12. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

What I find dumb is there seems to be a bunch of people out there who do not keep track of their bills and due dates. We as a society have fallen pretty low from the days of keeping track of bills in our check books.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  13. Tappin Augur

What is dumb is having go through the stupid Crapcha for a dozen or so accounts. It would have probably been less of a hassle to fix the issue than to remove several points in the game and in the launcher. So it sounds like to me, that they are either trying to get people to log into the website, or they removed it as another band aid for lag.
    Fenthen likes this.
  14. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

You do not need to go through the "Crapcha" to figure out when the due date for a particular account is. It takes about ten seconds to open up the calendar on a computer (you can find it on the bottom right of the screen next to or on top of the time) to type in a note about account X being due. It is pretty elementary budget stuff.
  15. Tappin Augur

And it takes them those same seconds to calculate it on the their end.
    Fenthen likes this.
  16. FawnTemplar Augur

While I get the frustration, I don't think it is a fair characterization to say that the devs are ignoring the lag problem. Especially when they have been trying different things in the last few patches to help with it. This tells me that they are actively working on it and the fact that they are using "band aids" at this point tells me that the lag issue is more complicated than most of us really understand.
    Elyssanda and minimind like this.
  17. Accipiter Old Timer

Oh, please. The date my EQ subscription runs out is not exactly high on my list.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

I'd rather they put it back and add a big fat disclaimer. Auto-reject any petitions on it.
    Fenthen and Laronk like this.
  19. Laronk Augur

You're right they shouldn't help us keep track of anything, we should get rid of the quest window, why don't you keep all that in excel. Achievement window as well

I know that what I actually do is rare but every Friday I go thru my purchases on my credit card, pay it off and go thru my bank statement for the past week I also know what bills are coming up when.

If my bank, or my cellphone provider, my ISP did the same thing like removing my renewal date or billing date or what ever from the app that I use every day and made me log into a system I never use to look something up I would complain about them as well.

What I find FREAKING AMAZING is customers always accepting less and less out of the companies who provide them services. If a company takes away a feature you like you should make yourself heard, yes a bunch of skin sacks who are filled with fecal matter will tell you "you can just do x or y" because they're shills who tow the company line no matter what they do.

Also this is more about paying for accounts with krono and the accounts getting kicked off mid game session if your time runs out (or you log in and you're kinda naked and don't notice but that's really less of an issue). If you have a bunch of accounts I could see this being a pretty big pain. Maybe the fix is when ever your account goes ftp/silver you eat 12 krono then it's a once a year problem =)

Once they fix it it won't take any time!
  20. Laronk Augur

As far as the other things in this thread, what's the GMM and Tappin thing have to do with these legitimate complaints? Just because you don't like someone doesn't mean they're wrong.
    Nennius likes this.