CoV ticket removed. Abusers keep AAs with no punishment.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gheed, Mar 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Branntick Augur

This is an embarrassment. Compared to the things that people have lost their accounts over in the past, this should be a no-brainer permaban.

The fact that the player in question has gone to extreme measures to hide their identity (name change), and a sudden disappearance of a Magelo profile that was literally there within the past couple days is evidence that they know exactly what they did.

Compared to claiming lamp posts on Phinigel, this is egregious. I genuinely hope everyone who partook in this receives swift judgment.
    Duder and Boze like this.
  2. Tshesebe Lorekeeper

Hey DPG- can I pay $230 and have lifetime afk XPing with no repercussions? Asking for a friend.
  3. Lejaun Augur

I'm sure the person who was caught on Magelo is the only one who did it too. No one else at all...
  4. Dailor Augur

As you are a Community Resource Council member, I want to thank you for coming in and adding this. Thank you for getting your "shame on you" moment in on the player while detracting from the conversation, and completely neglecting to see the issue that the PLAYERS have to prove is still happening. Since you are someone who consistently chastises TLPs for creating issues that have an effect on live, it is almost poetic you commented on this issue in particular.

Dreamweaver acknowledged on Discord 3/15 "We're aware of the issue and I've alerted the dev team." The Original post on this thread is 12 days after Devs were notified. If they were so inclined to find the information that this person self reported on Magelo, they had ample time to pull it. Can Magelo report a player's AAs better than the actual game?
    Gheed, Taragor, Duder and 1 other person like this.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

A "shame on you" moment? I was just trying to point out that making a thread on a Saturday trying to point to a player magelo as proof that they are cheating isn't likely going to solve anything. Not only is it unlikely that they will see the thread over the weekend but there is plenty of time for the person to remove the magelo profile as had happened. Sure no "names" where mentioned but it wasn't hard to figure out who was involved by the post and that is against the rules on the forum. This also helps show others how they can also get caught for various things which might make it harder in the future.

I would guess there would have been a batter shot at results with a DM including this information so that they could look at the magelo in question when they had time and it would be unlikely removed.
  6. Discord Ocean of Tears Conservationist

Found him in
    Found this upstanding member of the Everquest community in Ssra the other day. I asked him if he was AFK, he passed the check. Nothing more to see here.
  7. Machen New Member

This. AFK for 30 seconds with a pet out, and a single previous suspension from 20 years ago? Permaban.

Deliberately exploit a major bug to give yourself a massive advantage for many expansions to come? Oh, we're not even going to slap you on the wrist for that.
    Zanarnar, Foaming, Taragor and 4 others like this.
  8. Dresden Journeyman

I don't even know how you guys are still playing on that server. Imagine trying to contest things with a guild who has thousands of AAs out of era between them.
    Taragor likes this.
  9. Beep Elder

TIL people still care enough to use magelo.
  10. Gheed Is not reading your response

The real point of my post was to bring attention to the fact that people have not been punished for abusing this; not to secure a ban on this single player. It doesn't matter if he hid the profile, the screenshot is posted and they could easily check him out if they wanted to. I just thought it was funny how fast he removed it. Not sure what your point is here?

Obviously they aren't taking actions against these people. Be careful that you don't use the bathroom while grouping though, might catch that week ban.
  11. Fohpo Augur

Just stop caring about OW and DZ your raids?
  12. Arctodus Elder

Or the company can do their job and quit hiring people with no actual skillsets capable of accomplishing that job.
  13. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

It’s not just about raids. DPS racing is now the official law of the land. Now these cheaters have a leg up in places like FG and PoStorms. As well as any place they decide they want to set up their xp or farming camps. Also, while I personally don’t care about OW raid targets, I also don’t really like the idea of cheaters having a massive advantage contesting for them over people who choose to play legitimately. The fact apathy is your solution and think that it should be the solution for others just reaffirms what a sad state of affairs this is.
    Dresden and Gheed like this.
  14. dreamweaver Community Manager

While I understand the frustration situations like these cause, we are aware of the issue as I have mentioned. We are also still in the process of dealing with it. Just because something hasn't happened yet doesn't mean something isn't or won't.

Please remember it's important to funnel these reports through the correct channels.
    Joscellin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.