You gotta fix this lag

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ninelder, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Tappin Augur

Go raid and you’ll understand the lag.
    Laronk, Mongol311 and feeltheburn like this.
  2. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Any Dev that wants to witness the games worst lag is cordially invited to attend RA's raid this coming Sunday, March 28th.

(Robnie is going to kill me).
    Svann2 likes this.
  3. Tropi Elder

so im also of this mind set but is there any one that plays on the AB server because they didn't move so ther server should be better
  4. Sissruukk Rogue One

Honestly I wouldn't know enough to compare as I have never played on Tunare. I just know that we have been experiencing the instance lag/disconnects along with everyone else (I have personally seen this happen on numerous occasions), that it has been reported that raids lag (not just recently, but for quite some time, and yes, we do have guilds that raid current content), and in general we do see lag spikes even in unpopulated zones. In the general area it isn't a constant crippling lag like on the high pop servers, but we do get lag spikes that can hit at inopportune times.
    Mongol311 likes this.
  5. kimbotta Lorekeeper

I would think they have some type of reporting that gives them metrics on how well their servers are running. I'm sure the data center they use is telling them that they are pegged out on compute and they should buy more.
  6. quakedragon Augur

Cragzop said:
    “P.S. Who here doesn't think the recent datacenter move isn't the main cause of this stuff?”

I think this is issue, maybe combination of code as well.
    Reason being the forums is laggy at times.
    The EQ launcher, everytime I start that thing I see the circle loading thing.
    In game, its probably player density, which is code? Or just every game issue?
    I mean Guild Lobby, massive lag spike when looking in direction of 100+ players has been around since the beginning of time for the Guild Lobby. (Every game has issue when it has to render massive amount of players. Its not JUST Everquest)

But I think servers are big issue right now. When I launch Guild Wars 2 launcher, comes up CLEAN quick. When I launch Steam launcher (even more visuals everywhere) comes up CLEAN and quick.
    EQ launcher (something failed) or circle loading thing, it'll say I'm playing sometimes and wont let me click play. Server issues. Possibly coding issues too, maybe they use really outdated launcher code. What is it, some very old visual loading software from 1999, flashplayer? They probably still running thats sluggish software on their Daybreak Game Launcher. I'm talking about the "Daybreak Game Company Launcher" btw, not the old EQ login, the EQ login is smooth and never used it seems.
  7. KrakenReality Augur

Yeah, but people are still playing so must not be that big of an issue. Having your issues on video and broadcasted is way different than just looking at measurables.
  8. Tappin Augur

It’s actually a huge issue. Spending an hour prepping / buffing, only to lose to a lag spike... is causing people to log off and not log back in.
  9. Smokezz The Bane Crew

The adds should be able to use the guild standard to come to the raid for Crusaders. Would solve some problems with the lag!
    Bigstomp and Duder like this.
  10. Tappin Augur

The pipers on the Zlandicar raid end up warping back in forth (ghosting), causing problems with figuring how much deeps to use. I know there was an bug issue related to these spawns, but the ghosting is lag related issue.
  11. Vumad Cape Wearer

I too try to get people to play the game. It's free, give it a try at least, right. One can't help but wonder how many more people would be playing the game if performance and graphical remastering were taken more seriously. It's not the Devs fault. It's whoever is setting the budget and long term goals of the franchise.
  12. Metanis Bad Company

A technical problem or two would have been solved in a matter of weeks. Something this long-term can only be managerial blindness. They completely and utterly failed to respond to the biggest surge in EQ use since 1999.
  13. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Tried to raid The Crusaders tonight. Lag was terrible. We never had a chance. Bertoxx server.
    Mongol311 likes this.
  14. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

People are starting to not renew their subscriptions due to game lag.

Forums are slow also now.

The following error occurred:

The server did not respond in time. Please try again.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Mongol311 like this.
  15. Leerah Augur

It's not just raids. It's zoning. It's logging in. It's the parcel merchant. It's when trying to buy something from the market place FFS!!!!
    Gyurika Godofwar, Herf and Coagagin like this.
  16. Leerah Augur

And even the forums are responding like molasses! Come on, guys!
  17. Jumbur Improved Familiar

It is obvious that the devs ARE focused on solving the lag issue. They have already stated that they are waiting with class-balance fixes until the lag-problem is solved.
    How quickly it will be solved, depends on the complexity of the issue.

As for the longterm management of EQ1, they have already hired more developers and are still looking for more. The "producers letter" was basically a job ad...
    minimind likes this.
  18. Febb Augur

This isn't just a problem with EQ, it's happening to all of their games. How in the world can this be a code issue if it's happening to all of their games?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  19. Tappin Augur

How’s the Everquest code causing the forums to lag? What kind of in game nerf is going to help that out?
    Leerah and Mongol311 like this.
  20. raider New Member

LOL. Hey guys it's been 16 years and yesturday we had planned to start class balancing!!1! BUT that darn lag!! We will tackle that first! Next year we will start that balance!
    Leerah likes this.