Monk combat ability timer question

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Abbydog, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Abbydog Journeyman

Why are Phantom Fisticuffs and Zlexak's Fang on the same timer?

It's bad enough that monks have fewer AAs and combat abilities than most other classes but it seems to be adding insult to injury that the 115 combat skill added for the CoV expansion shares a timer with a better 114 skill from ToV.
  2. Riou EQResource

The ability would be worthless even if it wasn't on the same timer
    Thunderkiks and Duder like this.
  3. Lisard Silly

Phantom Fisticuff Line of pets has always been plagued to be bad. especially now when every mob ripostes 100% of every attack, AE's do incredibly high damage and not to mention all the lag contribution and effect on them in a raid setting (when the instance lags pets typically dont attack). When they introduced the Zlexak's Fang line it shifted to where we never used the pets anymore because Fang was producing more DPS (even when avoided, which happens uncommonly, over a 30 day period of playing I killed 8490 mobs, I only has 183 Zlexak's Fangs avoided)

Like riou said, phantom fisticuffs would be useless 9/10 times even if they put them on the -1 timer. just more button clutter for negative results personally and serverwide (lag).
    Riou, Duder and Fanra like this.
  4. Abbydog Journeyman

So it kinda begs the question, why was this the 115 damage ability for CoV? Heaven forbid that a burn ability get an upgrade. I mean we last got a burn upgrade in Rain of Fear. Thats plenty recent enough, right?
  5. Abbydog Journeyman

Ugh server is unresponsive. Double post
  6. Riou EQResource

It was just an old non level increase ability we had in the past so he decided to make a new one
    Lisard likes this.