Aradune Overboxing Not Enforced

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rhythar, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Stix Man Elder

Bingo.

Get rid of the 2 box limit or deal with the few people that everyone knows from previous servers as mass boxers/botters. I imagine there's a GM still working there that knows these people from previous servers and has visited sirens grotto on previous servers. Last server they were trying to convince GMs they actually had 70 computers. This server, they're trying to convince GMs they are playing with their 34 friends and they all just really like to sit in sirens grotto and split the profits with 34 other people. No one really believed the 70 computer thing but at least it COULD have been true. What's going on with Aradune is just slapping the rest of us on the face.
    Skuz and Gnothappening like this.
  2. Arctodus Elder

Atabishi on point, customers paid to play on a server with a specific ruleset that is not being enforced. I would love to see the data myself.
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Stix Man Elder

13 days uptime in SG picks... still the same 100 or so bots.
  4. Gnothappening Augur

I agree with you 100% on this. I hate the ruleset on Aradune, but I have my two dudes there to play with friends. I play on Rizlona for fun, just like I had played on Mangler for fun. Regular truebox is the best way to go. It means the 50+ boxers still cheat, but at least the regular players can cobble together some craigslist laptops for a group of six. Also, while I hate the ruleset of Aradune, if you are going to make it two box, enforce that two box.
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Ssmiter Journeyman

Thinking something doesn't make it true, maybe educate yourself. Someone could easily refund any money they spent on this server through a chargeback or sue Daybreak/Darkpaw if they can prove damages. False advertising is fraud and in this case can easily be proven. My cousin chargebacked thousands of dollars he spent on a game because after a certain patch the game didn't meet the same

You know when you go to a parking garage and they have signs up saying "Lock your doors, we are not liable for your belongings," they actually are liable, it is private property in most cases. You can easily sue them for failing to protect your belongings while on their property and they would have to prove it was your negligence. Having words posted somewhere, like an EULA, doesn't make the words law.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Going after minor offenders when you have an industrial-scale infraction-machine waving a giant "FU DPG" banner for 13 days straight is a bad joke.

Darkpaw needs to put its house in order.
    Arctodus and Chauliodus like this.
  7. Gnothappening Augur

Which is the sad part really. People on Aradune weaponize petitions to get regular groups banned and take camps, but can't seem to get the full on bot armies banned.
  8. Doop New Member

Hey I talked to Dreamweaver a bit ago and said that we should be petitioning everytime you see these bot armies. Apparently a lot of folks are seeing this but then not petitioning.

I agree that this should be done on their own accord as it's supposed to be a server policy but I think we currently have a bare bones skeleton crew for enforcement and monitoring, hence there's no one on weekends which is indicative of this being a single team in charge and probably even only a handful of folks on that team for all of EQ itself.

So please, just take a bit of time, make a recording and open a petition any time you see this crap. I know I will be starting to make an effort as I've been lazy about it as well :(
  9. Hirbow Augur

Overboxing is totally controlable its just not a priority on the server. Why do other projects have 100% control of the boxing situation when they have less staff and way less $ resources?

Check out p99 project police, and good luck boxing there.
  10. Gnothappening Augur

Yeah but p99 is pretty much an infection in and of itself. They can do all sorts of things that a legitimate company that has to worry about being sued can't. They also don't have to answer to anyone so if the people running it abuse the players, they just lose a few players. Finally, there is plenty of cheating going on there, don't think there isn't.
  11. Doop New Member

P99 has less servers and less players by a considerable amount on top of completely static game that has only 3-4 years of content. Comparing that to a game that has 22 years of content with severs that are all at different periods with the bazillion different mechanics, it gets complicated.

Mind you I'm not saying that it couldn't be better but having worked on complex and extremely matured software that was built in interative bursts by disconnected developers over the years...it becomes a nightmare dealing with it in any form or format, even just trying to grok it all as a support person is a nearly impossible tasks.

MMOs are insanely complicated...MMOs that are old enough to drink probably are on the verge of becoming sentient and enslaving the human race. Heck, even Blizzard with all it's money it made from stealing other people's games is doing a worse job than folks at DPG which is commendable.
  12. brickz Augur

With regard to rule enforcement, there is absolutely no metric by which blizzard does a worse job than darkpaw. They even restricted cloning and broadcasting inputs while multi-boxing last year and it resulted in a noticeable drop in the number of multi-boxers. Shame WoW is such a boring game!
  13. Silver-Crow Augur

Least they could do is remove that annoying 'do you agree to the rules' banner they force you to click every time you log in. If there is no ruleset for the server, then why have the banner!!
  14. Yeroc New Member

They should of dropped the 2 box restriction when the gms left. I don’t even like to 2 box IMO but I could care less about boxers farming old content. They can’t compete with real groups or raids of people, they get scraps who cares.
  15. Yeroc New Member

They for sure have boxers 24 farming in wow
  16. Gnothappening Augur

While I agree converting it to a regular TLP would have been better, the issue isn't a few people six boxing old content. What people are upset about are the people running Siren's Grotto 24/7 and then the people who are boxing entire raids. On Aradune this isn't acceptable. This should be left for Rizlona.

EDIT: Oh and the people boxing 10-12 to plvl in the deep.
  17. Lejaun Augur

Who is using 12 toons to PL in the deep? You just need an enchanter, puller, and wizard.
  18. Gnothappening Augur

If you want to kill 3-10 mobs at a time yeah. If you want to pull an entire side people usually use a lot more. The people selling plvls use three or four enchanters, a cleric for rez, a wizard, a bard, and the ones I am thinking of usually use an SK to pull. They also beef up their toons to 10+ so that they can hold a pick open. It is the same three or four I have seen on Mangler and now Aradune. I also suggest you use caution if you use their services, because some of them on Mangler developed a rep for cheating people.
  19. Fohpo Augur

It’s a lot less common now, but when Buddy was active people were botting raids all the time.
  20. Fohpo Augur

Sure, I guess. You can objectively see they aren’t enforcing the box rule, and that multiple classes suffered for years (wizards, monks, rogues to a lesser extent) with no major changes for years (literally expansion after expansion).