Best way to grind Commemorative Coins or anniversary currency?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ZenMaster, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Honestly, I'd rather do 150 missions than try to explain what you just typed to people in my guild over and over and over again.
    Stymie likes this.
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Before you go any further, if I wanted to dungeon crawl for 2 hours, I would want to do it in Plane of Mischief and not SoD Blackburrow.

Thank you.
  3. Vumad Cape Wearer

Then pick the easy version.

"You get less coins each time you do it" seems like it is pretty easy to explain.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

My point is dev resources should be tailored to very select zones and systems. The design of this anniversary's SoD Blackburrow mission seems to be on the economic side.

Your proposal of a heavier content on a sliding scale feels like it would take away from expansion development. And, based on player preferences, many would only excuse such resource usage on very select zones (Plane of Mischief).
  5. Froglok Augur

1) Jimothy Delicious (PoK). BUT -- you really need to acquire the items and make the sub-combine items ahead of time. If you do, it's pretty quick 20 coins.

2) Unity (Qeynos Hills). At 115 with a merc and if you don't care about the lock-out, you can Invis to each boss to get 12 to 24 coin (for some reason the reward seems to vary).

3) Ankra (PoK). Mark the 3 spots on you map and its a easy spot-to-spot for 5 coin.

4) Capt. Jack (PoK) is essentially a zerg from island to island, then spam hail Capt. Jack at the end for 10 coins.

5) Sprucing Up Shakey is not hard, just a huge zone. Once you get the idea down (A to B to C...), it's an easy 5 coin.

6) Fancy Feast (PoK) is basically just acquiring 10 Spiroc meat, 5 Streamer Meat and 1 Shark met to hand in. If you loot extras, they will auto update on kills next time, or if you have enuff, the old trade / cancel trick works. 10 coin.

7) Ranger's Tale... do the first hail and then kill trees (for 6 limbs), spiders (for 6 silks), kill the named Bandit and pick up the part on the ground, kill 6 lions (for 6 pelts), kill 6 corrupted guards at the far village (then hail the NPC in the bldg. for a key top open the chest for the 6 feathers), give the lion pelts to they gypsy for the other part and then go to the village near the start to get the updates and then go kill the Dragon at the /loc update spots. 5 coins.

That's what, a 79 coin cycle? You can do twice a day?

To buy the new mount, you pretty much have to do nothing but repeated Anniversary tasks. If you don't have all the achievements and special items from assorted events, you may as well work on those.
  6. Bronut Augur

I'm not sure if it's live but, as you kill trash in that anniversary raid, in that dulock harbor expansion, yo randomly get the currency on your cursor.

That May only be efficient if you have a ton of people who are seeking the currency
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Its not random. You get one for each of the named that is on the achievement. They each have a lockout, so you can only do it as often as the raid.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I also noticed, when turning in my pages for the Phoenix feather in Unity, you get 2 coins per page. Not exactly, quick, efficient or reliable, but I thought I'd mention it.
  9. Kidiani Journeyman

Not reading all the posts, but I did enough last year to get 2 mounts, approximately 2500 coins and didn't start until April. The anniversary lasts 56 days so to get a 1500 coin mount you would need <30 coins per day. :)
  10. Fuelforfire Lorekeeper

Be nice to exchange one alt currency for another on live/current servers so it gives some new life to old alt currency.
  11. Elyssanda Bardbrain

what does that have to do with anniversary stuff?
  12. Sissruukk Rogue One

You could farm commemorative coin and exchange it for something like Restless Marks. (not that I agree with this)
  13. Fuelforfire Lorekeeper

Where the anniversary coins are also alternate currency. I would give up currency from expansions I am not really going to do anything with these days for the anniversary coins.
  14. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

The lockout for the ship minis is 18h. Captain Krasnok is a little less than 3 days.

Also, some of the minis give 2 coin so I believe it's 19 for a mini clear and 10 for the Captain.

As far as coin, Unity has made gathering coin easy peasy. 24 per run (without any pages). 3 hour lockout. If you do twice a day (cause maybe you need some augs), easy to get whatever you want by the end of anniversary. And yes, 2 coin per page turn in for group in zone at time of turn in. Don't even have to do all 7.
  15. quakedragon Augur

Seems doable, it reminds me of the CMs back then? coldain grinds (not the normal coldain grinds, the unique ones in PoK, the monster mission ones) people use to do, had to do them 30+ times for the good stuff.

EQ is known for its EverGrind

Lastly, if it wasn't much of a grind, everyone would be rocking out that mount or whatever you want, and it would not make it unique anymore. There is always "Everyone has it, make it tougher to get", "Too long grind, too tough, only like 1 or 2 people have it, make it easier to get". Also just making stuff tough, it leaves out a large amount of people as well, it will just be raiders and hardcore people that have it. Anniversary is about everyone, not people who can handle very tough content and get it quick and easy.

I like the way they have it setup, so you can only get 1 or a few of the good items, no reason for you to have every single item they have available. It takes away the uniqueness
  16. Fuelforfire Lorekeeper

17. Flatchy Court Jester

I could be way off but didnt they used to give you the comm coins up front as you killed the commanders ? That way you could still get something without having to finish the whole thing? I know it does not take much time but when your just banging em out hoping for a Very burley gnoll to appear it would be nice to get something for the 15-20 half tasks you do.
  18. Zamiam Augur

why would you do half tasks and expect a reward ? sounds like those kids or parents that want to give their kid a reward for participation ..
  19. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

No. There is a message when you kill a commander saying there has been 4 coin added to the reward for the mission. But you only collect coins on a completion.
  20. Flatchy Court Jester

Ahhhhh ok thanks I thought I seen something about coins added to your reward. and Zamiam lol you could not be more far off. I dont lean that way heh,