CoV ticket removed. Abusers keep AAs with no punishment.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gheed, Mar 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gheed Is not reading your response

So I heard that the ticket no longer is available to use on Aradune but there has been no word on further action by Daybreak. Now you have people that are syncing up to Magelo which shows all their out of era AAs (real smart guys). Are you going to do anything about this?

Here are screenshots straight from Magelo. I removed the name because you know, I would get in trouble for posting his name but this guy can abuse an exploit with proof and nothing happens. Full photos are in Aradune discord or just look at the #1 monk on Aradune.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Some word on this issue will be great but I won't hold my breath.
    Tshesebe, Foaming, Chauliodus and 6 others like this.
  2. brickz Augur

imagine cheating in a game as easy as an EQ TLP
  3. SwordandShield Lorekeeper

I don't understand how magelo sync works. But isn't it possible to sync and add impossible stuff later? Magelo isn't foolproof.
  4. Dailor Augur

Bobbybick likes this.
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

How old is the sync?
  6. Aziuno Augur

PhinnyClaimgate = Bans
    AraduneTicket = 'Can't login for 7 days, but keep those AA's that everyone will eventually get in 2.5 years'
  7. GNOME_POWER Augur

Maybe the developers will inspect it.

However, there is a possibility that nothing will be found.
    Because it is a self-reporting Magelo.
    If you have the skills, you might be able to modify it freely using the Magelo-API.

It is very dangerous to use Magelo as evidence.
  8. Aziuno Augur

Don't be an idiot. They synced their profile publicly with things they shouldn't have, they aren't smart enough to manipulate API's.

Now the profile is marked as hidden, so they are trying to hide their crimes.

It's just proof the Dev's don't care about TLP's, or don't understand their game and what AA's from Seeds of Destruction could do in Luclin. They already inspected the accounts that used the exploit, but didn't strip them of what they earned.

If these accounts aren't going to be banned like the abusers of Phinny were, the toons with out of era AA's should just be moved to a random live server.
  9. Dailor Augur

Sure sure, they went through the trouble of freely modifying these specific AA's using the Magelo-API to accomplish... getting framed? Baiting someone to investigate? Also they've hidden or deleted the Magelo now.
    Gheed, Duder and Aziuno like this.
  10. Brazy Augur

He deleted his magelo because he's got nothing to hide. LOL
  11. Brazy Augur

Remember this is Darkpaw NOT Blizzard.

You should exploit early, and exploit often.
  12. Gheed Is not reading your response

Well I just got home and noticed his Magelo is now hidden/deleted. What a crazy coincidence! False alarm tho guys, I am sure he was just messing around on Magelo to bait us.

Damn he got us good!

How dense can you be?
    Foaming likes this.
  13. HekkHekkHekk Augur

WORLD FIRST FASTEST NAME CHANGE IN LUCLIN ERA. That's EQ Baby nabs another record!
  14. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

I have no doubt players will do things like this, the thing I don't really understand is that people have been permanently banned for less. Doing stuff like this is an incredible risk if you care about your EQ account, which I realize many people consider their TLP shenanigans disposable until they reroll on the next server. Carry on. :p
    Tshesebe likes this.
  15. Zanarnar Augur

If only they would enforce the in-games rules.. lets say 10% as much as they enforce the forum rules.

Ya I know, I'm dreaming. Its also why I mostly live on emus these days, less cheating and better support. (I'm not even joking)
    Tshesebe, Foaming, Duder and 2 others like this.
  16. Arctodus Elder

The lack of QA testing really is troublesome in the long run.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What do you expect? You publicly called them out on it on the forums so of course it is going to be noticed and have them hide their profile. This is part of the reason why they don't like things like this publicly posted. Also as a note naming them as the #1 monk on the server is pretty much the same as naming them and posting it on a weekend gives others a chance to see this and react before Daybreak does.
  18. Arctodus Elder

They still never acknowledge or react...
    RABKkehhalla likes this.
  19. Hirbow Augur

All abusers need to get banned 1 day before PoP launch for 7 days to teach them a lesson. Make them pay where it hurts , screw their PoP launch.
    Tweakfour17, Tshesebe and Aziuno like this.
  20. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

To me it shows that they don't have faith in their own game. It's a self eating snake of sorts. They don't feel they could sustain their income by enforcing their own rules because they think they rely on the cheaters for it. This premise may have some merit as I'm sure they have analyzed the data. So if they started banning the cheaters, would it create enough of a positive effect on the community to retain those that would appreciate it? I couldn't say. But DPG doesn't seem to think so.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.