Aradune Overboxing Not Enforced

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rhythar, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Accipiter Old Timer

I have no idea.
  2. Lejaun Augur

So you can port (1) the porter (2) who is going to port the porter (3) who is going to port the porter (4) who is going to port the porter (5) who is going to port the porter (6) who is going to port the original porter (1) in the first place, of course.
  3. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Did I snare that mob? Am I sure? Am I REALLY sure? How could I be EXTREMELY sure? Answer: 6 Druids
    ExecutionDbl9 likes this.
  4. Rhythar Augur

It's been a month since i posted this, so I wanted to give an update.
    - The 4-boxer was really a 6-boxer. They got him. It took two months.
    - The 14-boxer, 30-boxer, and 50-boxer are all really 50+ boxers. They are all still active.

The following are also active on the server. I can't give names, but this list is alphabetized:
    - 18-boxer
    - 9-boxer
    - 8-boxer
    - 8-boxer
    - 6-boxer
    - 4-boxer
    - 3-boxer
    - 8-boxer
    - 6-boxer
    - 3-boxer
    - 6-boxer
    - 12-boxer
    - 10-boxer
    - 18-boxer
    - 6-boxer

I have seen the GMs enforce the 2-box rule a few times. I think it helps if multiple people petition. If you want to help in the fight against these cheaters, the big 50+ boxers tend to hang out in Siren's Grotto, The Nexus, Freeport, Neriak, and Cabilis. Multiple smaller 6-10 boxers can be found in The Deep doing PLs.
    Faeriewinkle likes this.
  5. Gnothappening Augur

Normally I would agree with you, but Aradune is a 2 box max server that people went to for the specific reason of only having people play two toons. That is the whole selling point of the server. If people are boxing 6+, then that destroys the value of the server. Also, Rizlona was launched to be a BOXING server allowing unlimited toons and even assistance.

I personally play on both. I have my 2 for playing with friends on Aradune and my fun army on Riz.
    Skuz and Faeriewinkle like this.
  6. Rhythar Augur

Anyone who plays on Aradune will run into overboxing cheaters all the time. You may just not realize it or care.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Tyranthraxus Grognard

If you've been on more than 1 or 2 tlp's by now, I think you come to the realization that the company isn't going to address this issue. I understand it's frustrating, being the entire selling point of Aradune was eliminating this issue. But at this point their silence is deafening.
  8. Fohpo Augur

Why is the dude who's always selling loot rights not listed or considered here?
  9. Arctodus Elder

Maybe they should not have allowed accounts with no security questions, email, etc. to play on the TLPs? I know they eventually hit you with setting up an email but I already had max characters prior to the message to setup my accounts. CC/Debit card subscription gold account only would stop alot of the madness. The lack of acknowledgement and enforcement of server rules shows what they are about and it is not you.
  10. Malachi Augur

They won't address this issue frankly because they aren't legally obligated to do so.
    Unfortunately, marketing a server to be a particular way and it not turning out that way isn't going to fall under any fraud. The argument would prove to have little standing as the EULA is designed to protect them from these sorts of things.
    There's little to no resources given to enforce server rules because that is precious resources that can be allocated to the legal department. The most important part of a gaming studio of any significant size.

Once it becomes financially expedient for them to speak on the issue, they most certainly would. But as always, most TLP fans have incredible stockholm or just really don't care enough to hold the company accountable other then venting on their self contained forums.

Happy hunting out there!
  11. Machen New Member

CC/Debit card subscription only would also cost them a lot of money. They are a for profit company. They are selling a product. Why would anyone ever think they SHOULD be all about you? That's not to say they shouldn't make a product players enjoy and consider worth paying for... If they don't, they won't make money. But it's never been all about the players.
  12. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

A lot of people aren't asking for DBG to make it all about the players, what they are asking for is to at least TRY to provide the basic ruleset that the server was sold on, which people pay for to play on.

When I was forming TEB, prior to launch I advocated for people to be reasonable with their expectations of the ruleset and the expected level of enforcement. I told everyone that you will probably see tons of 3-6 boxers as they are much harder to catch and far less obvious relative to 12+ boxers, but at least we'd have a server where you wont see mass bot armies. That to me, would have been good enough. I feel like those were pretty reasonable expectations. It gave them plenty of leeway to be only a semi-disappointment. I mean, it's a 2 box server right...even with DBG's history of constant let downs, you'd have to be the worst gaming company in the world to allow 72 boxing on a pay to play 2 char limit server. So I felt like that was a pretty reasonable expectation.

Yet here we are.

When I played Mangler, at the time that was the highest amount of big box armies (boxers who box 12-72) that I had seen yet on a true-box TLP. Aradune has stolen that crown. Aradune, the only 2-box limit true-box TLP, has more big box armies than any true-box TLP to date. I'd actually be interested in knowing if Aradune has more than Rizlona tbh.

I honestly think a fair compromise would be just lifting the 2-box limit and making it a standard true-box TLP. I don't even understand why they haven't done this yet. There is no world in which they aren't aware of the mass bot armies on the server. So just take the L and take the line that you don't enforce out of the rule-set.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Says who?

I think Darkpaw has done a pretty good job at listening to their players and responding to trends. TLP was borne out of a market desire to return to classic EQ (a la P99). Darkpaw served up a variety of progression servers to a voracious fanbase. And again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again.

Think about it. That's 9 servers borne due to market tastes. They've been WILDLY popular. Some of those servers have even been popularly wild.

To say it's never been about the players is a pretty dumb thing to say.
  14. KrakenReality Augur

No, the Everquest franchise has historically and presently always been horrible about listening and responding to player feedback. It’s not even arguable.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Not saying there isn't room for improvement. Sheesh.
  16. Fohpo Augur

Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to open the forums and see wide spread feedback regarding lack of enforcement. Let alone the track history of class balance, even within the context of the silly class/community committee. There are tons of other examples, but these are two initiatives they started and blatantly ignored (Aradune rules, true box bypass, suggestions with solid data/widespread support ignored). I get they have limited staff and stuff comes down from the top, but to claim they’re good at listening is naive, for the most part discussions around these topics aren’t even engaged.
  17. RABKkehhalla Elder

We did it reddit. We got him.
    Gheed likes this.
  18. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

You make a LOT of assumptions here. You're also ignorant to the fact that not everyone who has a good experience posts about it. In fact, I would wager hardly anyone does. Negative feedback tends to be written. Positive feedback tends to be unwritten. Go look it up. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one. I should know, I was a rocket scientist.

People who have nothing positive to contribute or even acknowledge are operating with an agenda and should summarily be ignored.

Thanks for playing.
  19. Machen New Member

It's about giving the players a product they enjoy in order to make money. The players are a means to an end. If it weren't so, they wouldn't be a for-profit company. This should be obvious and not open for debate. There is an element of win/win, for sure, but look at who owns the company. If you think that love for the game and love for the players is the bottom line, well...
  20. Machen New Member

I completely agree with this, and I think it will bite DPG hard in the long run. I don't like the Aradune ruleset, but they should never have put something like that out there without plans to adequately enforce it.

They would have taken a lot less grief if it had just been a normal truebox server and those SG bots could plausibly be playing on 1 computer per toon.
    Skuz and Gnothappening like this.