Tribute: Personal Trophy Suggestion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Froglok, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Froglok Augur

So there are basically 2 sets of trophies I use regularly, in relation to Personal Trophy Tribute.

One set is for the actual stat boosts (AC, HP, etc.).

The other set is my Tradeskill Trophies.... nothing better than having them all active at the same time, saves a lot of swapping and inventory space!

Anyway -- is there a chance we could "save" two different Personal Trophy sets and swamp on the fly? Rather than having to downgrade one set, upgrade the new set... and the reverse the process when we are done tradeskilling?

:)
    Bigstomp, Winnowyl and Jumbur like this.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Personally, I think they should remove the "trophy-flag" from the tradeskill trophies, and make them into "clickie-AAs"-items instead(like "knowledge of the past"). That way the TS-skill-modifier would be a permanent passive effect once you activate them for the first time. :)

Multiple "trophy-sets", would be practical in many situations outside of crafting though.(one for tanking, one for nuking, etc...depending on playstyle) I often use different trophy setups depending on if im soloing or raiding for example :)
    Bigstomp, Winnowyl, RPoo and 4 others like this.
  3. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Love your idea!

Andarriel
    Froglok likes this.
  4. Petalonyx Augur

Trophy mechanics in general could use an overhaul. It shouldn't take a ton of internet research to figure out how to activate them. And they are tied to housing and tribute, which are whole additional things to figure out if you arent using them already.
  5. Fenthen aka Rath

We need one 0-cost trophy list, and one X-cost trophy list. I hate having to swap in tradeskill trophies for stat trophies back and forth.
    Froglok likes this.
  6. Froglok Augur

It can be tricky -- here's how you do it tho...

First, put your personal trophies in your house (just don't put your TS trophies there until they are max level, otherwise they get no XP and level up).

Next, donate items to the Personal Tribute Vendor so you have Tribute to use. Don't donate anything you want to keep, because there is no getting it back.

Next, from wherever you may be, open your inventory window, click on the PLOT items button, then click the trophy Icon. You have full access from there to Upgrade (add and/or increase if trophy has multi-levels) or Downgrade (remove or decrease) the trophies you have in your house. You can add (upgrade) as many trophies as you have earned the right to use.

Now you are done setting up. From there, when u want to activate or deactivate Tribute benefits, simply hit Alt U and then turn it on or off.

There is also Personal Tribute (no trophies required) you can set up. Guild Tribute & Trophy tribute requires Leader/Officer access depending on your GL.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I personally would love if they could combine all your trophies into one. my char this one has 8 level 7 trophies (used to be 7 then i changed race to a gnome from dark elf) switching can be annoying.

Andarriel
  8. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Indeed! Some of the trophy/tribute effects are extremely obsolete too. some of them doesn't even stack with worn-item effects, or AAs( I think one of the HoT-trophies gives running speed that doesn't stack with runspeed-AA for example). Some of the early tribute-effects are lesser versions of focus-effects that defiant-gear gives you(and you can still select a high-level variant of those for some reason! o_O ).

Or does tribute-effects work on monster-missions? is that the reason? :confused:

I also think tying trophies to housing was a mistake. Im sure most house owners just have an "un- furnitured" house, with some trophies thrown in a corner(and maybe a big crate to hold junk). I know some people enjoy the "interior design" aspect, but the server-resources are wasted on the majority I think.
    Petalonyx likes this.
  9. Greymantle Augur

Another option if possible would be a process to convert a maxed trophy to a passive AA. The the effect is allways 'on' so you don't have to swap them in and out.
    Although i do like the idea of a combined one , maybe max all possible trophies for your class. Purchase a container and combine, get an all in one that still adds 15% but with max of 50 up from 45.
    Would give me the incentive to actually get a smithing trophy :) .
  10. Hekaton Augur

i would go the passive AA route since the housing zones can be sketchy as heck. im still steamed i lost my collectors edition boat house on the AB housing fiasco and i never was able to get it back
  11. Nniki Augur

I'd definitely petition. I know many people who have lost real estate items over the years due to technical issues and have had them successfully returned with a petition.
  12. Raytheon Augur

They could just have zero-cost trophies not count against the cap. that would be easiest.
  13. Froglok Augur

It could be a progressive AA, 7 levels.
  14. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

They do AA consolidations for a reason, other than to annoy us. There is a memory limit to the game, as a result, we don't receive "New" AA skills, we just receive upgrades to existing skills. This is not the Devs being lazy or not wanting to add new things, it's our game is 22 years old.

I love your idea, but! An Augmentation is a more realistic ask, I'm betting. I think it's time for another difficult Tradeskill quest...maybe a type 5 Aug this time, with a Tradeskill mod! :D
  15. Bigstomp Augur

I think for flexibility something like the save/load spell sets but for tribute would be nice.

That covers both setting them up for tradeskills and more general usage.
    It would provide an easy way to have multiple tribute layouts if desired.
    I could see some even changing their tribute setup between events or perhaps mid event.
  16. Nilwean Elder

Unlikely. Running tribute/trophies are put into hidden equipment slots, and allowing for more running trophies would add to resource concerns.
  17. Mezacor New Member

Simply adding a "Downgrade All" button on the Trophy management window would speed things up a bit and probably wouldn't take much Dev effort to implement. Not a perfect solution, but I'd be happy with 1/2 the clicks.
  18. Bigstomp Augur

Many like to talk about resource concerns as if they know what actually causes resource issues.

We should be talking about what we would like, and letting those that know what it would cost decide if it is worth it.
    Svann2 and Flatchy like this.