Collection not completing

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Chantill LeeLace, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Chantill LeeLace New Member

Upon collecting all collections with the exception of Gnome Mountain and Claws of Veeshan I find I am not credited with the completion. This is stopping me from obtaining the extra trophies and bags I was going for. I have opened a ticket, which told me to /bug and when I /bug I hear nothing.
    The problem is time completed. If a collection was started early and finished years later it does not accept it - nor can you click on the collection item again as it shows finished but just does not show up as the achievement that is a selection of the achievements. Is there a way to get this fixed? Also, I feel for the poor customer service agent that has to send an email asking you to judge customer service when all they can say is go elsewhere. Once you go elsewhere and hear nothing the customer service probably gets reamed by something that is not their fault.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

All except those 2 zones? Wow. That is horrible. That would be what? Like 10 expansions you cannot get collect ach on?

Some ideas, since you don't say if you tried anything:

uncheck the boxes that say "open" "complete" and "locked" at the top of the /ach screen. Sometimes even had to zone then check them again. Or log completely out and back in and re check.

have someone link the ach to you, click the link, then click on the "view mine" button. Sometimes that forces the ach to update

Run your file verification on patcher.

Custom UI can interfere with many things in the game as can by bypassing the patcher
  3. Chantill LeeLace New Member

Thanks for giving me things to try. I did try your ideas and no luck. You are right - I did not give much information.
    A) I do not use a custom UI. B) I do not bypass the patcher. C) In order to give it a complete go I logged out and verified files again, after deselecting the open, complete and locked selections at the top of the ach screen. Nothing. I also tried the compare and it shows the same. I am credited for everything correctly starting at Ring of Scale. The problem can be visually seen as the collection itself turns blue showing, for example, in Empires of Kunark the Burned Wood is blue, showing complete yet the achievement Where the Obulus Once Stood does not have the check box and will not update. Where the Obulus Once Stood achievement is then linked to The Combine's Return and does not show complete. In Empires of Kunark, under Reunification there are 4 collection achievements and I have completed all 4. Yet that does not update although the Misplaced Tools, Historic Finds, Dreadleaves all show blue as completed. The forth, Portal Dust, correctly was attributed. The constant factor is time. I recently completed Portal Dust but the others were done years ago. This is also happening to my husband who plays. I believe the problem is with the time started vs completed and not within each achievement. If I am right all new players will be correctly attributed while the older toons who started the collections earlier and finished much later will continue to be unfinished. I need a place to get this addressed. /bug does nothing. No email, no response. This will become a bigger issue as collections are completed via Overseer and more players see this.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Not exactly the same issue, but I wonder if you aren't suffering from corrupted UI like I was.

Through this bug, I had a several characters showing in multiple fellowships. But because of this visual bug none of the campfires would work. I suspect the visual component is somehow tied to the database dictating the function of how the game engine reads the database.

Here is what support had me do - which fixed the UI corruption causing the Fellowship issue I saw:

Code:
    You may want to make backups and then delete the following files:
    (Please know that these backups are necessary to help restore any custom UI settings)

defaults.ini
    eqclient.ini
    eqgame.exe
    EQGfx_Dx8.dll
    EQGraphicsDX9.dll
    eqlsClient.ini
    eqmain.dll

Also, back up the character configuration files by following these instructions:
    <CharacterName><ServerName>.ini (example jack_bristlebane.ini
    UI<CharacterName>_<ServerName>.ini (example ui_jack_bristlebane.ini)
    One or more of those files may be corrupt, causing these issues.
    If deleting these files does not resolve your issue, you can restore your backed up files and folders and retain your hotkeys, contact lists, and display settings.
  5. Chantill LeeLace New Member

I appreciate your ideas. Everyone that gave me something to try is the reason this community is so great. It is certainly why I am here 22 years later.
    I did a fresh install, so I can safely say that the issue is not with the UI in this instance. From what I can see, in Jan of 2017 or around that time, some changes were made in the database or how things trigger. Only people that started collections as they came out, never finished and went back years later will experience this today. Consequently, if you were to complete the Rain Of Fear today and had not gathered any glowies earlier you should be granted correctly. I imagine some database change caused the issue.
    As an aside, as Collections went on naming conventions got much better. Rain of Fear is a disaster with collections spread all over the place but as time went on the grouping makes a lot more sense.

6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I start RoF collections when RoF was current, then took a long break. I came back and finished all collections through ToV last year. Did not experience the issue you are seeing.

You say you did a clean install. Did you port your UI files over? If so, you may have brought the problem with you.

When I experienced my Fellowship UI bug, I had to wipe my UI files as well.