Multi Boxing

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kolaisa, Mar 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kolaisa Elder

Is it against any rule, if so what rule specifically, to run more than one account? The reason I ask is a friend of mine who I play the game with, and have played with, in person so I can see what he's doing, got banned and the only reason given to him was he was multi boxing. I know for a fact he's not doing anything to warrant a ban, because like I said before I can see his screen, have played with him for over 15+ years and never known him to do this with any game. It was my suggestion that he even do another account. I've been boxing for years. Can someone with knowledge of this please comment? Why is it not okay for him to do something that lterally most others players do?
  2. Zamiam Augur

I dont know all the facts .. there is always 2 sides to every story ..

was he afk killing ?
    was he using 3rd party software that goes beyond just broadcasting keystrokes .. if he was warping to mobs are using maps to know the loc of any and all npc's live (i mean you can actually see them moving on the map) and there is a whole ton of other illegal stuff that some multi box software uses .. HOWEVER I am a big user of I S Bxr so I do support 3rd party programs as long as you dont do anything stupid with them .. and most people know by now what is and what is not aloud ..

I myself have been using said software for over 10 years and I box 4 to 6 accounts all the time .. never got suspended , banned or even a warning .. I do not afk kill even if i have to run to the bio rq i stop what im doing , invis and park myself somewhere i know no mobs will attack me ..

only your friend knows why he was banned .. and believe me he knows ..

if you choose to do actions that are baneable then dont be upset when the ban hammer comes down ..
  3. Kolaisa Elder

He was doing none of that, he was killing on his main to level his heroic, thats it. I know that is all he was doing because I was watching him from the same room.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

What server was he on?

And since you were in the same room were you also signed in? Cause they can check ip address's.
  5. Kolaisa Elder

I was not signed in, I was just watching him. He's on Bertox. For the record, the email he got specifically states he was banned for multi boxing, nothing else.
  6. Zamiam Augur

well the Gm's usually dont go around banning people unless there is a reason .. maybe someone reported him for afk killing and when a GM came into zone and tried to chat with him he didnt see said chat and so the GM figured he was afk playing .. who knows ..

was it a permanent ban ? or just a suspension ? if just suspension just be happy and continue on as before .. if it was a perm ban that usually is because of multiple offenses after a warning or suspension . there may be something going on that you dont know about .. I mean you dont live with your friend and watch him play all the time he's online do ya ?

Im not saying he did or did not do something that was bannable . but the GM's somehow think he did..

also if they tried to contact him in game its not always thru Tells' ive heard of GM's just using /say , which at times and often does get lost in spam chat if you dont have /say going to a seperate window ..

like i said if its a suspension tell your friend to count his blessings and just deal with it .. if its a perm ban and was falsely accused he might and I stress that MIGHT be able to petition it ..

as far as Multiboxing goes NO it is not Illegal to do so .. if DB started banning people for having multi accounts the game would go under they get a large portion of their income from those accounts and micro transactions from those accounts ..

as far as using said 3rd party software no its not Illegal if used wisely ..

with great power comes great responsibility !!

and Knowledge is power ..
  7. Zamiam Augur

also it might not have been for something he was doing that day .. lots of times GM's get reports or that have video or chat attached to it so they have to go over it which could take days .. so maybe your friend wasnt doing anything that day , but maybe days or even a week before and someone reported him ? just saying ..
  8. Kolaisa Elder

I was in the same room when the ban happened. Because of this he has decided to not spend another dime on this game. He's moved on to another game. He reasoning is, if they are willing to falsely accuse you, its not worth it to continue. He's gone.

Since you say it's not against they rules, quote the rule about it. Don't speculate. I need concrete evidence. If they say it is, then I'll be leaving to, I might anyway.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Banned for multi-boxing on Bertox?

I don't really believe it, but if it did actually happen then the GM was in the wrong for banning on just multi-boxing, perhaps they mistakenly thought Bertox was a TLP with Truebox on it. I suspect if they suspended or banned a player it was not for multi-boxing and actually for something else.

AFK play where you, your pet or your merc kill any creature will definitely get you a suspension or ban, but Multi-boxing is not prohibited on any server in fact the one client per pc restriction was removed from live servers sometime during DoDH as I understand it so the devs are fully aware that players multi-box.

Truebox allows multi-boxing so long as its one account per PC

Aradune has a 2 account Truebox restriction
    Most TLP are Truebox any number of accounts
    Rizlona & Ragefire are the non-Truebox "boxing" TLP servers
    Fanra likes this.
  10. Kolaisa Elder

Considering Ive been watching him play for the past week and a half, with nothing but EQ running, tell me what he did wrong. I've seen him boot his computer, load EQ and nothing else.
  11. dreamweaver Community Manager

Well, the forums aren't the place to litigate CS decisions, if you're friend feels like the GM made the incorrect call you are going to need to petition.

Other then that, I am going to lock this thread so it doesn't devolve further.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth, Zamiam and Skuz like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.