more ideas for weapon/ shield ornaments

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vlad Diszno, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Vlad Diszno Augur

I don't know when they might ask for input about bringing more weap/ shield ornaments into game, but thought I'd put in my ideas now.

'Siren's' ornaments from the merchant Cha'nya Athendi in Caverns of Endless Song

Would be nice through either the loyalty merchant or overseers(via overseer ornamentation dispenser would be preferable to buying from the overseer npc in pok) vs markeplace.
  2. Szilent Augur

Are the weapons you mean not already part of the reward from Challenger of The Darkened Sea achievement?
    Kase likes this.
  3. FrozenWater Augur

But .... they're already in the game?

If you just want to skip having to do a couple actual missions (that should be trivial these days) for coin then I think that's a bit weak, and a waste of an opportunity to ask for ornaments that aren't actually available in the game.
  4. ForumBoss Augur

They added some very nice ornaments on the new anniversary merchants, but the shield selection is still a little low. Here are a few notable ornaments I'd still like to see added:
    Shields:

Whorl of Unnatural Forces
    The Blue Tower
    Dresovir Shard, Ro's Fiery Tower
    shield of strife

Weapons:
    Forcible Axe of the Ward
    Runemuse Hatchet
    Blackblade of the Rain
  5. Szilent Augur

Tarew Marr Shield Ornament

Glowing Sol`Dal Kite Shield Ornament

Rallos Zek Shield Ornament

all exist.
  6. ForumBoss Augur

Impressive knowledge, thanks. However 2 of 3 are completely unattainable, so my request would still stand. though 1 is technically possible, so I guess that's neat if I can box cotf raids.
  7. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

The guides still run the events for the Shield Ornaments. They're not common but still obtainable. They do the Festival of Might every year, if you place top 3 you're gauranteed the Rallos Zek one, they usually pass out the Tarew Marr one during the actual events as well.
    ForumBoss and Szilent like this.
  8. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Guide events are not available for all servers so no, the ornaments are not obtainable by all. This year the Festival of Might only took place on 5 servers. You can check the Volunteer Guide forums yourself and see how little is posted, even for the servers with dedicated guides. You can also see that myself and another player are the only posts in Xegony for about the past year sadly.

If they are unable to have events for all, consideration should be given to have another outlet for these (honestly, anniversary time is perfect ... but probably missed the boat on this year).
    ForumBoss likes this.
  9. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

You could always make a toon on a Server that does run the FoM events and then xfer it back to your home server with the ornaments. It's not like you need a high lvl toon to participate in the events, they're mostly designed for any lvl player to complete.
  10. Vlad Diszno Augur

I didn't catch that the rewards for Challenger and Vanquisher were transforming when I looked at them, so I didn't realize all those ornaments actually existed in game already, though limited in number per character.
    So I suppose the chances of having my request finding the proverbial waste paper basket has greatly increased.
    Just happened to be on my mind while I was in that zone so I posted.

There is at least 1 of those ornamentations that I would have used many of, if were readily available. Through the reward system, I'd have to get those achievements on loads of characters to get as many as I'd like.
    I'm also eyeing a couple of the placeable items for over 3k currency from the Degmar merchant I'd buy that my class cannot even use, but would love for housing. I wonder if I can buy a weapon I cannot use, have yet to test that out.

The tasks certainly aren't hard to do for the currency, but it is not just a couple missions to accumulate thousands of them. It would be a large time sink getting the many thousands of pieces of eight I'd easily spend. If I had a pirate's booty of pieces of eight, I could spend 10k right off the bat on stuff I'd like to play around w/ in housing.

Guess if I want them badly enough, I'll have to keep repeating the tasks that give Pieces of Eight. I've got a lot of catching up to do on aquiring troves those, since I wasn't playing much around the time it was current. Looks like I'll have to flag some alts to tag along and get the currency also, to speed things up some.

Guide events on Drinal should on the endangered species list. I wouldn't invest any hope there.

Well, that's my rationale for posting. I admit I'm not your typical creature when it comes to ornaments since I don't view them so much for changing the look of my character( other than the drumsticks I wield), but rather view them in terms of how I can use them in housing.
  11. FrozenWater Augur

I get it, but given the almost limitless number of ornaments that could be created, I would personally prefer work went towards that than trivializing the ones that already exist.

And the pieces of Eight, The dino island HA drops over 200 per toon every run, so they're easy for you to farm. You can spend a day getting flagged for the island then hulk smash them whenever you feel inclined to do so.