The 50 Dollar a Month TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dmitry, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Hirbow Augur

I would absolutely play and pay for this kind of server . History doesn't lie , back in the classic day, the preferred server with extra police was full to the bone :_> bring it!!!I know at least 7-10 people that would join me !
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

They don't need a special server. They need to give GMs their teeth back.

GMs have been neutered via policy. GMs have limited parameters in which they can function. Stepping outside those parameters can mean their job.

Darkpaw and Daybreak need to let loose the GM hounds on TLP servers.
  3. Machen New Member

Be careful what you wish for.

What they need is better parameters, on both ends of the spectrum. Thankfully the "respond to my /say in 30 seconds or you will be banned" checks seem to have been somewhat mitigated. But it does seem clear that they need more liberty to deal with the SG guys or other mass botters on Aradune. Those should be easy slam dunks.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

That's why I said teeth and not claws. I might be crazy, but I'm not (completely) stupid!
  5. Arctodus Elder

Just trying to keep it interesting, Stormhammer was not very successful. So what are you paying 50 a month for what service? I hope it is not GM's because a majority of the issues I have read on the forums could be completed by a handful of GMs, especially on the TLPs. How about a single truebox server... seems like the duo option is working great on Aradune.
  6. Malachi Augur

Thread filled to the brim of dream consumers!

-Those who would suggest they would spend more money if x (whilst still paying regularly to play right at this moment)
    -Those who would discourage the above because the above would have the audacity to have an expectation of service for their money.(whilst still paying regularly to play)

Whomever owns this IP currently are immaculately lucky to have found such a community of cash cows.
  7. Hirbow Augur

Part of the allure of Project P99 Everquest, is that for the most part rules are enforced. A player-base of 1000-2500 people are able to play by the rules. So why can't we? Part of the problem here is the Krono factor that creates jobs for people = $$.

Bring on the $50 a month server, and make the Krono Lords pay, I'm sure paying $50 a month for 20+accounts has to hurt at least a little bit to lure them away.
  8. code-zero Augur

The allure of P99 is that it's free and has the dirt dumb play mechanics from 1999. The fact that some people like to play in a virtual North Korean level of policing is an anomaly
    Genoane and Skuz like this.
  9. code-zero Augur

The allure of P99 is that it's free and has the dirt dumb play mechanics from 1999. The fact that some people like to play in a virtual North Korean level of policing is an anomaly
  10. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Real Money Trading existed before Krono.
    People using the lack of an established system for RMT to scam people existed before Krono.
    Krono solved three problems: Other people making money off of RMT instead of DPG, People getting scammed, and people filing CS tickets because they got scammed.

EQ isn't the only game to solve this problem in exactly this way. EVE Online did the same thing, and it works. So once more for the people who aren't paying attention: Krono isn't going anywhere. Restricting Krono to servers or from servers will bring back scamming and CS tickets.

Krono is the system by which people can RMT, which they were already doing, but now they can do it more safely. If you don't understand that, then you are going to make invalid arguments about Krono.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. kenmei Augur

look up the Legends server and the history and how an utter mess that became for SOE. Literally almost destroyed the game. Pretty sure DBG has no interest to repeat that history, but then again, they let the bots run rampant who knows if they care anymore.
  12. Sasser-See Street Performer and Shoe Dodger

Easy solution: Limit Mages to 1 per group.
  13. Tweakfour17 Augur

lol wut
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Novel suggestion but unworkable.

Capping groups at 3 of any one class might be about as restrictive as you would ever have any real argument for.
  15. Sasser-See Street Performer and Shoe Dodger

Easy solution #2.... Give the server the ability to police itself. Put in a fix that any toon in in an open world zone must either camp out or zone before 5 hours are up or be transformed into a level 5 monster (like that monster event from years ago), that is killable by any other player. This will stay on the toon until it zones. So if you see a bunch of bunnies at a popular camp, you can just stamp them out, yourself.

And if you are at the keyboard legitimately camping a named its not that difficult to camp out and come back in and rejoin the group before the timer is up. This would stop the 24/7 farming of named mobs and give legitimate players a chance to camp popular named.
    Shushabye_Baby likes this.
  16. TLP Addict Augur

Also North Korean level corruption.
    code-zero likes this.
  17. Machen New Member

You know it's easy for software to camp out and back in and rejoin the group every five hours too, right?

This wouldn't stop anything.
    code-zero likes this.
  18. Shushabye_Baby Romance Novel Writer

Too bad. I would love to Bunny Stomp Boxed Mage crews.
  19. code-zero Augur

that doesn't even make sense
  20. Ketzerei84 Elder

*cough*<Leviathan>?*cough*?