H Dex or H Str for rogues?

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Hardtry, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Hardtry New Member

Would like to get and understanding of what I should focus on.
    Thanks
  2. Szilent Augur

hStr adds 1 point to each melee hit for each 10 points you accumulate. It also raises Atk via its increase to Str cap; that's 1:1.

hDex increases crit rate, which turns 40 & 50k hits into 100 & 300k hits.

build up hDex.
  3. Izzard of Bertox Augur

This goes against modern thinking however I prefer to somewhat balance things: I use the top 4 HSTR Augments for both Slots 5 and 7/8. Also I will do the same for the 4 TOP AC/STA Augments.
    The rest of my 40ish AUG slots are for HDex.

Does this Maximize my DPS? No. Does it keep me alive in many situations where other rogues die? Absolutely. Dead DPS = 0.
  4. Karliv Journeyman

All true, but just to repeat/clarify because I misunderstood this when it was first explained to me - it adds 1 damage. period. After atk, after everything else - the total damage of the attack goes up by 1. It does not add to weapon damage, or anything else like that.
    minimind likes this.
  5. kyong Augur

I ignore Hstr and am completely equipped on the 7/8 side with the Hdex / Hsta augs with are typically high in AC. I will forgo the Hdex / Hagi augs that have higher dex / lower AC. I think it took this expansion to hit every 7/8 with the Hsta / Hdex / High AC augs with decent stats.

I think as a Rogue, I see it in the endgame maybe giving up 20-30 Hdex to gain a huge amount of AC and a large amount of HP. With my aug choices I'm also trading a huge amount of Hagi for AC / Hsta but a single pop of tumble gives me many times more avoidance than the Hagi augs could ever provide.

Every type 5 is Hdex focused.
  6. Izzard of Bertox Augur

Strength needs a boost to what it can do. I know EQ is not RL, but if you put the most dexterous man in a boxing ring with the strongest man .... that dex dude is gonna get knocked the $%^ out.
  7. Jennre Band Leader

Not if he doesnt get hit.
  8. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Can't melee reach 100% Melee Crit rate during a burn? Wouldn't that theoretically make hStr superior during a burn and hDex superior during non-burn times?
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

DPG needs to sell an in-game banner you can put on the test dummy with this post written on it.
  10. Szilent Augur

only Ber & War 100% crit. Warrior is conditional.
  11. roth Augur

Not yet, for the most part. As stated by someone else, only Berserkers and Warriors (situationally) can reach that point. But, it is coming, barring some kind of stat revamp or stat cap or effect cap being put into place in the future.

Once it does happen, that your class reaches a 100% crit rate, then and only then is it worthwhile to start adding (NOT replacing) HDex with HStr. You will want to maintain that crit rate while increasing damage slightly with your HStr.
  12. Svann2 The Magnificent

Carrying Capacity!
  13. Poyzen Frawg Augur

Which never happens.
  14. Jennre Band Leader

Bruce Lee vs Mike Tyson would be a good example of Dex vs Str.