The Weaponization of AFK Checks on Rizlona

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xanadas, Mar 20, 2021.

1. code-zero Augur

Funny thing, if by some manner you are caught using a map you will catch a full on permanent ban for doing it. Twitch streamers have lost accounts over that
  2. Stix Man Elder

Yeah, too bad there would be no way to tell the SG bots use maps too... like targeting freshly spawned mobs that you cannot see.

Guess they have bigger fish to fry than someone botting 60+ toons on a 2box server. Certainly no "unfair advantage" going on there. I do believe there is something in the EULA about unfair game advantages. I would think playing 60 toons on a 2box server would qualify as an unfair advantage.
  3. code-zero Augur

I've personally suspected that some of the huge commercial crews are being run by shifts of sweat shop workers who are paid pennies per hour.
  4. Gnothappening Augur

You guys talking about maps and stuff, you do realize this thread is about Rizlona?
  5. Machen New Member

Maybe you should be aware that this all took place on Rizlona, not a truebox server.
  6. Tweakfour17 Augur

While DBG turns a blind eye to maps or is maybe not able to detect them, I don't think they are part of the official ruleset of Rizlona which was just boxing was allowed and certain boxing software assistance was flagged to work. No where did they say magic maps was good to go.
  7. Machen New Member

They actually literally did, in discord. Although it did get walked back/deleted.
  8. Tweakfour17 Augur

What? In a public channel on the official discord or one of these backdoor conversations they've had with certain guild leaders? And they said it was only ok on Riz?
  9. jeskola pheerie

10. Quasimojo Elder

This. Who is the OP to say whether someone is camping something "efficiently enough". Then to run to a public forum to complain about getting the tables turned on him?

That's rich.
    Duder and jeskola like this.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

I can't speak to the map program, but on day one on Rizlona i s boxer wasn't working. Players let DBG know and they fixed it ASAP. They then posted about the fix in the public discord channel. They have been very up front about use of those programs on Rizlona.
  12. jeskola pheerie

13. yerm Augur

I've got to give you props man. Most people don't have the guts to go public with this much self-humiliation. You may be a completely insufferable whiner but you're absolutely right that afk checks on rizlona aren't done well.
    Abbydog and Dailor like this.
  14. Machen New Member

Public, in the Rizlona channel on the EQ discord server.
  15. Abbydog Journeyman

Wow, OP, you really do come off in a bad light here. As someone who doesnt play on TLPs and jsut came here with some popcorn for the comments, I must say you do not appear to have any respect for established EQ conventions. Even if the player in question were only capable of killing the PHs of one named in a very small area of the zone, he would still be entitled to camp that one little area. The fact that you can clear a larger area in no way entitles you to either request that he move to another area or to move in on him as you admittedly did. He was there first. Thats the way camps work in EQ. You ahve an obligation to wait for him to leave or come back later. Period. Your actions are completely reprehensible.
    Fred_Bear, Karreck and jeskola like this.