The 50 Dollar a Month TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dmitry, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Nolrog Augur

So that would be what, 2 or 3 krono a month? What could possibly go wrong?
  2. Dmitry Elder

Oh... can't pay with Krono. Krono disabled. Someone else proposed that you need a real card attached to the account.

There is a precedent in Gemstone 4 I think. It has been up and running for years though i have never played on it.

I guess fundamentally, I want a TLP with the rules strickly and vigorously enforced and I think I and a lot of other people would be willing to pay for it.

edit: Oh and the "what could possibly go wrong" is a lazy rhetorical device designed to prevent argument. Tell me what you think would go wrong.
  3. Nolrog Augur

You cannot propose a server and then disable one of the major revenue streams.

What could possibly go wrong? It was rhetorical, not lazy, because the answer is obvious.
  4. Dmitry Elder

Yes you can. I just did. It's a better revenue stream when you more than triple the price... and yeah it is lazy because it means you don't have to say what you mean and be subject to counterargument. Lazy.
    TheInquisitor likes this.
  5. Protagonist Tank

I fall over laughing at the insane degree of entitled Karen ranting that people bring here, always starting with "I PAY $15 A MONTH FOR THIS SEVICE AND I...."

I'm endorsing this server idea, but only because the supernova of entitlement that will start each posts from those butterfluffers would create a singularity of self-centered nonsense.
  6. TrollMan Elder

IMAGINE DBG Doing their job. I offered to work for DBG for free to help enforce server rules on Aradune/Rizlona, they declined.
  7. Dmitry Elder

Wait what? What are you talking about? I propose a server where the rules about boxing and no using hacks is enforced. I am willing to pay for that. Where is the entitlement? Entitlement to what I am paying for? Do you even think a second before you type?
  8. Tweakfour17 Augur

And what will be your reaction when they only get 95% of the boxers/botters? Or what will be your reaction when someone you KNOW is doing something against the rules but they either arent or they pass the GM test so get to continue on playing the game the way they want? Know think about what the rest of the people on this $50/mo server's reaction will be. Protagonist is right, this server would implode in a self righteous rage.
  9. Zinth Augur

define absurd amount of times? on my non-work days I can easily play 16 hours in a sitting?
    define cash zone? should I get suspended because I one day decide to grind cash for 16 hours after doing 16 hours of progression the day before?
    unrealistic movement can be other things than cheating (lag,coth,port, evac, summon etc.) can't compare an actually GOOD EQ player with a keyboard turner...
  10. Protagonist Tank

No one knows who you are. Not every post is about you, your personality, or your persecution complex. You don't matter, and weren't being referenced in my post, beyond your incredibly stupid idea being the catalyst for thinking what kind of self-pleasuring nonsense would get posted on the forums by people who bought into that stupid idea.
  11. Lejaun Augur

All disabling krono does is mean the selling of gear/powerlevels/whatever is done completely on the internet for real cash and Darkpaw doesn't get a cut of it at all.

Krono were essentially created because it is almost impossible to effectively ban RMT, so it was easier and more profitable to just get a cut of it by creating Krono.
    code-zero likes this.
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

".. DEMAND ..."
  13. Febb Augur

I can just see it now "I pay $50 a month for this server and I can't get a damn Pepsi when I ask for it? What do I pay this company for?"
  14. NoMoreTLPs Journeyman

Not to mention, no high level management person is going to sign off on banning 60 accounts that are paying $50 a month lol
  15. NoMoreTLPs Journeyman

Have you ever worked in customer service?

People are awful... you run into them daily
  16. NoMoreTLPs Journeyman

Its a business model problem that they created awhile ago and can't turn back from now. Its a diminishing return model that cannibalizes their own population.

I worked at a game company a long time ago that had issues with botters, and the owners knowingly allowed it all to happen because the botters brought in so much money. The game has been going for like 20 years now, and i talked to one of the owners recently and they said their population is basically 100% automated botters etc now.. but they still make money
  17. Arctodus Elder

I am for a 50 dollar a month server if it would allow me to box six characters / accounts included with the price.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Hah!

You're looking for the mega-discount for boxers thread not this one!
  19. Bullsnooze Augur

If they are rotating characters in and out they'd see it in the logs.

You're taking that out of context. Between Classic and PoP there are only a handful of zones and spawn locations these cheaters are active in.

If you're not breaking the rules then you have nothing to worry about.

A regular group 'happily exping away' looks a lot different than automated bots. Go down to Sirens Grotto and take a look at those 'groups' and I encourage you to record the footage. Then go to say Grieg's End and look at a group around the 'gate' area. You will immediately notice a huge difference in play.

I'd encourage everyone to stop by and say hi to the botters.

You'll see that they have no regards from the rules whatsoever. For example, I once disrupted a bot camp and started contesting the mobs (successfully mind you). The bot automation stopped within 15 minutes (and they moved into this weird formation, that would be completely impossible for a group of players to do). At which point whomever was at the helm started to argue that they're doing nothing wrong and just trying to pay the bills. Like WTF? Are you serious right now? I did send the footage in and he did go offline shortly thereafter.. The point? Please see it for yourself!

Checks aren't the be-all-end all.

GMs need to watch, look for clues, and analyze the bots! Again, they are only found in a handful of zones and you don't need elaborate protocols to find them.
  20. Machen New Member

Again, this has happened. These guys have been reported dozens of times. They have been checked by the GM's. The GM's have not found anything worthy of banning. Maybe the issue is that the GM's need better training what to look for, I don't know. Whatever they are doing, it isn't triggering the GM staff.