The Weaponization of AFK Checks on Rizlona

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xanadas, Mar 20, 2021.

1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

You'd be wrong. Have fun on that limb.
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Calling out forum members as trolls is against policy.

I am ignoring the OP's core point because...it's pointless. I chose to argue the basis of the rule that governs such play rather than the empty, accusatory argument of the OP.

Go back to your anthill, little ant.
  3. Xanadas Augur

Re-read the story. I didn't do anything to "piss him off" other than call him out. I had no intention of moving to his area of the map until he started being antagonistic in OOC. So, to use your logic, the more accurate description is that HE did something to piss ME off, then got upset at the consequences (me moving to his area), then used a false claim against me as revenge.
  4. Xanadas Augur

Re-read the story. I never claimed he was AFK. What you're referring is my similar illustration that people take velks camps and only clear a few mobs.
  5. Xanadas Augur

I don't buy that for one second. You throw a fit in OOC and I get checked on ~1 hour later for the first time ever? And the GM knew exactly where to find me? No chance.

I was watching you for awhile, you frequently left up half of kennel - making my whole point - you take a "camp" you don't even clear.

No point in clipping out the rest of the convo. Let's put it all out there:

[Sat Mar 20 10:20:48 2021] You say out of character, 'why do you claim the best camp in here then only kill like 8 of the mobs?'
    [Sat Mar 20 10:21:00 2021] You say out of character, 'go do korucust room or something'
    [Sat Mar 20 10:21:21 2021] Pheerie says out of character, 'you talkin to me in kennel?'
    [Sat Mar 20 10:21:24 2021] You say out of character, 'yes'
    [Sat Mar 20 10:21:37 2021] Pheerie says out of character, 'been clearing a lot was just afk a couple, relax'
    [Sat Mar 20 10:21:40 2021] You say out of character, 'hardly.'
    [Sat Mar 20 10:24:53 2021] Pheerie says out of character, 'i count about 25mobs im clearing before respawn'
    [Sat Mar 20 10:25:04 2021] Pheerie says out of character, 'not everyone rolls with 12+'
    [Sat Mar 20 10:25:08 2021] You say out of character, 'and leaving up 30 more '
    [Sat Mar 20 10:25:14 2021] You say out of character, 'take a camp that fits your group'
    [Sat Mar 20 10:25:27 2021] Audiotune says out of character, '/popcorn'
    [Sat Mar 20 10:25:36 2021] Pheerie says out of character, 'u mad bro?'
    [Sat Mar 20 10:25:45 2021] Pheerie says out of character, 'you sound mad'
    [Sat Mar 20 10:25:50 2021] You say out of character, 'you sound dumb so..'
    [Sat Mar 20 10:25:58 2021] Pheerie says out of character, 'you sound really angry'
    [Sat Mar 20 10:26:08 2021] Pheerie says out of character, 'like maybe you need therapy'
    [Sat Mar 20 10:26:15 2021] You say out of character, 'ok we'll do it that way'
    At that point I moved from where I was over to kennels/cave and killed whatever I could find.
    [Sat Mar 20 10:29:21 2021] Pheerie says out of character, 'so you are saying a group of 6isnt allowed to do kennels? 12+ only?'
    [Sat Mar 20 10:30:10 2021] You say out of character, 'we're past that, if you're plan was to antagonize, you've succeeded'
    [Sat Mar 20 10:30:19 2021] Pheerie says out of character, 'you started it'
    [Sat Mar 20 10:30:47 2021] You say out of character, 'by suggesting you dont claim camps you cant fully clear?'
    [Sat Mar 20 10:31:02 2021] Pheerie says out of character, 'i've been clearing plenty for 4hours'
    [Sat Mar 20 10:31:03 2021] You say out of character, 'called common sense, not antagonizing'
    [Sat Mar 20 10:31:12 2021] Pheerie says out of character, 'like i said, not all of us roll with 12+'
    [Sat Mar 20 10:31:23 2021] You say out of character, 'u wanted to pick a fight with your "mad" comments'
    [Sat Mar 20 10:31:47 2021] Pheerie says out of character, 'nah , you wanted to with your self-righteous idea of what your larger box crew deserves'
    [Sat Mar 20 10:32:17 2021] You say out of character, 'my point stands'
    [Sat Mar 20 10:32:30 2021] You say out of character, 'regardless of what you think i think of myself'
    [Sat Mar 20 10:33:10 2021] Pheerie says out of character, 'im sure glad a negative jerk like you din't come along until my xp pots ran out :/'
    [Sat Mar 20 10:33:22 2021] Pheerie says out of character, 'enjoy your camp and your life of anger'
    [Sat Mar 20 10:33:36 2021] You say out of character, 'hey if you hadnt been a pr**k in ooc id be on the otherside of hte map still'
    [Sat Mar 20 10:33:45 2021] You say out of character, 'nobody to blame but yourself'
    [Sat Mar 20 10:33:48 2021] Pheerie says out of character, 'you started it'
    [Sat Mar 20 10:33:58 2021] You say out of character, 'sure sure... play victim'
    [Sat Mar 20 10:34:06 2021] Pheerie says out of character, 'you're an sshole'

I got heated and talked about how awesome I was? Really? Can you point that out? My comments looks pretty even-handed and stick to the subject, while yours are obviously showing your anger.

I didn't claim any camp, I was just killing stuff around that area since it wasn't obvious what you were or were not going to kill. You claim you were semi-afk, so how am I supposed to know what you do or don't kill?

Let me reiterate how I think that story is total crap.
  6. KrakenReality Augur

Man I love the drama on the forums, but dude you’re a clown.
    yerm, jeskola, Duder and 1 other person like this.
  7. Xanadas Augur

Care to elaborate?
  8. Machen New Member

Was there anyone else in the zone? Maybe you pissed off another random person who witnessed the exchange.
    jeskola likes this.
  9. Karreck Somebody

Because GM's can't find you otherwise? They have tools to determine exactly where you are.
    Also, based on your attitude on the forums and your screenshotted behavior, you have likely pissed off many people on Riz, so you probably have several reports filed about you.
    Maybe you could stop being a jerk to others and you wouldn't have to deal with "weaponized reports".
    jeskola likes this.
  10. Tweakfour17 Augur

How do you watch someone and know exactly how many mobs are up in their camp and how many they are killing while you're in some other camp?
    Glowerss and jeskola like this.
  11. Tweakfour17 Augur

Seems like there was based on the /popcorn comment in OP's chat snip.
    jeskola likes this.
  12. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Did you think posting the full chat log would make it look like you weren't the jerk here? Because that's not what it did.

If somebody is somewhere doing something that they are capable of, and you come along and chastise them for not doing it up to your standard, that's not on them. You can kill any mobs they don't kill, because there are no camps, only DPS races these days, that's fine. But if you are going to harass people, and then come here and act like they harassed you, well you're going to look stupid.

You came in acting like you were mad he wasn't clearing the camp the way you expect. So he asked if you were mad, albeit sarcastically. Literally any normal person would have responded the same way to your crap. It might be time for a little self-reflection, if you can't see what's obvious to everybody else.

Edit: forums don't like summer's eve as a derogatory term haha
    jeskola, Karreck and Tweakfour17 like this.
  13. Machen New Member

Sadly, the OP's conduct and the details of the situation have detracted from his point, which is still valid. Weaponizing of petitions is taking place. Whether it was Pheerie (I don't believe it was) or someone else isn't relevant ultimately to the problem. SOMEONE petitioned him and reported him as afk for being a jerk in ooc, and that should not happen. In cases like this, the GM's should punish the petitioner, not the guy falsely accused of being afk.
  14. Tweakfour17 Augur

Definitely.
  15. Duder Augur

Yeah, you are the unreasonable fool in that whole interaction. Clownshoes AF
    Jennre, jeskola and Karreck like this.
  16. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

ITT people be finding out which words the forum will filter out. The More You Know <insert rainbow here>
    Karreck likes this.
  17. Lejaun Augur

After reading the "whole" exchange, it made me want to petition you too. It sounds like you were made that they beat you to the camp that you wanted, and you were judging him on not being able to kill as many as you could with your box army. It sounds like you were trying to bully him to move from the camp you wanted.

Hard to have any sympathy for this particular event and someone petitioning you. I wouldn't be surprised if he did it in retaliation for your antics, or if someone just hearing your comments petitioned you, or if someone else that you've bullied before did it.
    jeskola and Karreck like this.
  18. Narvakhan New Member

LOL, OP Karen'd it. You didn't get what you wanted, felt you were better than those already there, and looked to bully them out. You deserved to have him go off on you (even if childish). You sound like an entitled punk who instead of using a petition against someone who had the camp you wanted, you tried the court of public opinion assuming folks would be as douchie as you.
    jeskola and Karreck like this.
  19. Fred_Bear Lorekeeper

I think this is the real takeaway.

Hrmm. From another post, it seems Xanadas is a Paladin....

1. Xanadas admits he was on other side of map.
    2. Xanadas admits he MOVED from where he was, over to the Camp.
    3. Xanadas Was somehow able to see everything the Player in "Kennels" was doing, how many mobs they were killing, etc. from the OTHER SIDE of the map.....

Maybe someone should check on ole Xanadas.
    Karreck, Tweakfour17 and code-zero like this.
  20. Stix Man Elder

Yeah, I'm sure everyone using maps are shivering in their boots at being exposed.

Meanwhile, still 100 bots in sirens grotto, on Aradune, the 2 box server. /uptime of picks... 10 days.