Daily Debuff Change Thread till changes are made #1

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Axel2, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Axel2 Journeyman

I, along with many other people & guilds, are at the point of frustration with this crap, limiting my class to ~80% of it's power (and lowering my actions per minute to almost TLP levels) is just dumb and boring. Either delete the necro class (honestly with how many times dots don't land, many raiding necros won't even care), increase debuff limit (we already have severe lag practically no matter what, the performance hit likely won't even be that bad), or combine debuffs (shaman malo doesn't need to add 2 debuffs, shaman slow doesn't need to add 3, bard dots don't need to add 2, etc). Or add a 2nd debuff window (it's already implemented, just give mobs a song window). Maybe the second debuff window will be "non-damage debuffs". Or add an invisible man and push the debuffs that aren't currently on the mob but are being cast onto the invisible man (kinda like auras).

It took me 2 seconds to think of these, dare I say, very practical and reasonable, suggestions. I will post daily threads until I can actually play my class instead of being a melody bot.
  2. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Your account is likely to go on a fishing trip if you do that.
    minimind and Sissruukk like this.
  3. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

The sentiment is fair, though, a bard shouldn't have to be told not to DoT because there's better damage things for the raid that are needed on the mob/boss. Raids guilds just have to enforce and prioritize because of a silly game deficiency. I'm all for strategy and all, but classes being balanced around the power of skills they are not allowed to cast is kind of bunk.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

You are right that there is a serious design-flaw regarding debuff-limits and dotting classes, but daily spamming is bad netiquette and will just get the thread locked. :(
    Szilent and minimind like this.
  5. Verily Tjark Augur

Dreamweaver will always win ForumQuest. I wouldn't even try.
  6. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Hmm. Challenge accepted.
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Well, there is a realistic solution that DPG is completely fine with:
    App for a job at DPG, and fix it yourself...:p
  8. kizant Augur

I always thought raid mobs should be smart enough to dispel themselves every so often to make sure there's always free slots.
    Jondalar, Astral64 and Warpeace like this.
  9. KrakenReality Augur

You’re wasting your time posting here. Go to the Everquest Discord server. The devs don’t post here, unless it’s Ralathor posting on 1-2 year old bug posts.
  10. Metanis Bad Company

Kind of funny in a sick way... Daybreak can't make routine server/network infrastructure work properly but they're going to help contribute to Microsoft's bottom line by driving people to Discord. Twisted incentives.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That would only be true if Microsoft buys Discord which isn't a done deal yet. Also I am not sure the amount of users on the various Daybreak servers has any noticeable impact on Discords bottom line.
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

So, where's today's thread? Give up already?