Fixed Internally Visage of the Girplan (Missing Prize)

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by FrozenWater, Mar 19, 2021.

1. FrozenWater Augur

The LoN packs currently on offer in the marketplace are the Legend of the Jarsath Destroyer that should include prizes from the set The Jarsath Destroyer. This set only contains 1 item -- Visage of the Girplan -- but it was mistakenly left out when the Legend packs were created.

No biggie, but it's been a while now without this item. Since I assume this would be a quick copy/pasta fix for the devs (using one of the other illusion items as a base), is there any chance we can finally get this added in before the set rotates again?

Much appreciated.
  2. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

LIKE SMAAAAAAASH
  3. OldCa61 Augur

4. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

We all really just want to look like Absor on Beta!
  5. Ratalthor Developer

This is as designed and not a bug. Please share feedback in threads other than the Bug Reports section.
  6. FrozenWater Augur

You ... named the Legends pack after a set you didn't include in it ... by design?

And you describe the product in game as including the set (which only includes 1 prize, ergo, describes including this visage) by design. And it's not a bug.

Ok chief. o_O
    Fenthen likes this.
  7. Nniki Augur

The description and lore is false advertising then if it doesn't include the only prize that came from the set.

Source: https://web.archive.org/web/20131229124006/http://www.legendsofnorrath.com/jarsath.vm

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The LON cards give 2 prizes from any of the listed packs.

It says "or". Twice. Once at the top and once in the listing. No where does it say you will only get Jarsath.

Perhaps it should be stated after each pack listed.

The Jarsath Destroyer OR
    Fall of the Estarim OR
    Debt of the Ratonga OR
    Drakkinshards

Perhaps the Jarsath Destroyer does have the girplan and you haven't gotten a Jarsath yet. Maybe you got Ratonga or Estarim etc.
  9. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

You are incorrect. Reference the posts above. It clearly lists The Jarsath Destroyer LoN set as available as loot, there is only one loot card in Jarsath set, the girplan illusion. So you've been selling something for years that does not include what it is advertised to have in it (even named it after that set).
  10. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

No. There is only ONE loot card from Jarsath, and no prize was ever made for the item. It is a development oversight and advertising it in the pack is an ERROR.
    Nniki likes this.
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

So your saying there is not that item in the game at all? Then where did the picture of it come from? It was in the pack people bought for $10.
    [IMG]
  12. Nniki Augur

That screenshot was from 2012. They got it from their claim window after redeeming it in the Legends of Norrath client. LoN rewards did not come as the same transformable "prize" items that are produced by the marketplace packs; they gave the reward directly. The marketplace packs reward items prefixed with "prize" that can be traded around and transformed to the actual item.
  13. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Are you really that obtuse?

Legends of Norrath was a digital card trading game created by Sony Online Entertainment using the lore and art of Everquest and Everquest II to develop a Magic The Gathering type game.

This game including varying degrees of rarity in game items as cards that could be traded between players, and ultimately claimed as in game items in Everquest and Everquest II.

This digital trading card game was SUNSET, i.e., killed, and players were given notice to claim their loot cards.

There is no longer any game to play. No longer any card packs to buy.

Legends of Norrath prize packs were created prior to the game being sunset, allowing an alternative way of gaining cards via paying CASH in the station store. When the game was sunset, this was the ONLY way to get those items.

Each prize pack randomly generates two loot prizes from THE ADVERTISED LEGENDS OF NORRATH EXPANSION LOOT LIST. One of these pack is the Legends of the Jarsath Destroyer. It ADVERTISES THAT IT HAS A CHANCE TO INCLUDE LOOT CARDS FROM THE JARSATH EXPANSION.

There is only ONE loot card from the Jarsath mini-expansion for LoN. The Visage of the Girplan.

That item DOES NOT EXIST IN EVERQUEST. There is no "PRIZE: VISAGE OF THE GIRPLAN" that exists in this game. Any item "Visage of the Girplan" that exists in this game was claimed via LoN years ago.

The item they SELL for CASH in the DAYBREAK STORE, ADVERTISES that it may include an item THAT DOES NOT EXIST. It is actually borderline fraud, and considering the loot box nature of the items and all the legal problems those are facing, is a pretty dumb thing for them defend. They need to remove the advertisement of the expansion in the item first. They would be a lot smart to have a dev take 15 minutes, pick a random prize, rename it to "Prize: Visage of the Girplan" and have it direct to the already existing "Visage of the Girplan" and then put it in the Jarsath pack they are selling.

Is that clear enough for you? Or want to keep looking ridiculous?
    Fenthen likes this.
  14. FrozenWater Augur

This.

I have no idea why @Ratalthor took the line he did. The problem was clear, it was an easy opportunity to make a bunch of players happy, and since the set is currently in rotation the positive vibes would have been immediate.
    Fenthen likes this.
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

No I am not obtuse, stupid or ridiculous. But thank you for shamming me - I hope it helped you alleviate your frustration.

I assumed since there is evidence of the Visage in the game and write ups about it that it was still available as a prize. I saw no evidence that it is not in the Jarsath since someone would have to get that specific LON pack to verify it is not there.

Thank you Nniki for the explanation. That makes sense and if it were asked that way originally I am sure it would have been better understood. That this specific loot card was given directly at the time it was issued and did not make it into the game as a "prize" in the current lon packs.
  16. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

https://www.everquest.com/news/legend-of-jarsath-destroyer-returns

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...jarsath-destroyer-packs-available-now.233041/

From original launch:
    https://www.everquest2.com/news/imported-eq2-enus-5079

Unlike the "Heroic Character" drama from last week... This is something that SOE/DBG/DPG has continued to advertise improperly
    Fenthen likes this.
  17. Paladin Augur

This is 100% a bug / oversight... and it isn't the only prize card missing from these sets. The Marketplace item, and when they were originally added to the game to replace LoN, promise /advertise loot cards from the assorted sets once in LoN.

If this is "not a bug" because of the effort it would take to remedy the problem, how about an easier solution? Add the item to the Overseer Vendor.
  18. FrozenWater Augur

Ok, well this is my first interaction with him.

Is there any way we can tag JChan or someone in this case? It is so patently obvious what the problem is.

Something has to be done regardless, either:
    a) The product name and description needs to be changed in game (and this is especially prickly since they have been selling these for the better half of a decade on the promise of a chance of this illusion)
    b) Just add the illusion in and call it an oversight.

One of these options makes players happy, one of them makes players angry.
  19. Fenthen aka Rath

They should have records as to which accounts purchased this item, in possible hopes for receiving the item which does not exist and has been falsely advertised.

Just drop those items into their /claim windows.
    Then either add that visage to the market pack, or remove the text that it should be included.
    Problem solved.

I'm unsure if fraud is ever intended, so you should retract and call it a bug instead.
  20. Ratalthor Developer

Hey all,
    Thanks for the feedback and resurfacing. We're taking another look.
    FrozenWater and Dythan like this.