Transfers to Agnarr - When?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Indigo_Quarmite, Mar 18, 2021.

1. JohnnyBgood Lorekeeper

Main issue with these servers if they have no end game before the start them which leads to major issues down the road.
  2. ikarinokamii Elder

the TLP transfer rules don't make any sense, because you can't transfer from agnarr to Mangler,
  3. Machen New Member

You picked a server that they announced before launch would never allow transfers off to another TLP, then complain it doesn't make sense that you can't transfer off to another tlp. Ok.......
  4. ikarinokamii Elder

because you can transfer from agnarr to other TLP like phinegal, that you can't transfer to Mangler doesnt make any sense, based on the rule and what's allowed. There isn't any logical constancy to the transfer rules. There are straight Ad-hoc is my point.
  5. Tweakfour17 Augur

Likely due how close Mangler was to Agnarr when they were announced they felt it would be disruptive to the economy of Mangler. Whereas going from PoP to EoK or w/e Phinny was in was inconsequential since Heroic Characters were already out by then. Maybe they will add it as an option as it gets further away.
  6. Machen New Member

Hmm. Transfer to a serve that hasexisted longer than Agnarr, vs transfer to a server that hasn't existed for even as long as Agnarr has been able to farm pop tradeskill materials. I wonder what the difference is........ Must be a logical inconsistency I guess.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  7. ikarinokamii Elder

Nothing you said is in the rules, what you wrote is literally the definition of "Ad-Hoc"
  8. Corydon Augur

Q: Transfers to Agnarr - When?
    A: Never.
  9. Machen New Member

Well since they have changed the rules 3x since Agnarr launched, and you still can't transfer from Agnarr to Mangler, I guess "ad-hoc" is what the devs are going with.

Good luck with your crusade.
  10. ikarinokamii Elder

it's not a crusade it's just facts. they have these transfer rules, but rules don't apply in a lot of situations where they should. therefore "rules" governing TLP transfers are properly defined as AD-Hoc
  11. Iyacc Augur

I don't normally get involved in conversations like this but I think we're missing a point.

If you play much at all, then you should realize patch days are crappy for performance at best and sometimes require extra work or more patches.

Do we really want them to bring ANY of the servers down extra times? If 100 people wanted to go to Agnarr, is it worth an extra chance at a possible disaster for $2500? $25,000 for 1000 people if that was how many you think would move? Probably not.

12. Herf Augur

It would be really nice if transfers TO Agnarr could be enabled. Agnarr is a small but growing community and people who come there say it's the 'nicest' server. Very friendly, very tight community. Three raiding guilds. But we can always use more people.
  13. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Transfers to Agnarr would be very interesting.

Mostly because Agnarr deleted most of the pre-Wakening ST loot. A new player from Aradune or Rizlona could transfer over with a few SoDs or Gnome masks and make quite a bit of money from Agnarr hardcores who desire these items. Granted this market would drop off pretty quick after the first few transfers.
  14. Xeris Augur

Sounds fun & exciting! lol
  15. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

I mean Blizzard found a way to keep characters from going to a graveyard on their era locked servers/progression. There is zero reason we shouldn't be able to clone characters here or any other permanent TLP server as long as its in an appropriate era. And no, I don't like test. Just take my money and figure it out. Cloning is even better than transferring!

After 5 TLPs now I'm just tired of characters drifting off into the void. Hopefully whatever they come up with in 2021 provides a solution for some of this. Many EQ players become attached to their toons.
  16. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

There is not nearly enough people that would actually play their character on two seperate servers with one of them being locked to 65 for DPG to spend resources on cloning, it also opens up a lot of vulnerabilities that players WILL find a way to exploit.

WoW is kind of forced into doing it because they sold their playerbase on "classic" servers that are now becoming "Progression" servers, and some people have convinced themselves they want to raid Naxx for the rest of their characters' lives.
  17. Machen New Member

No thanks. Cloning characters results in there being no economy. You see exactly this on test where money is worthless since anyone can create an endless supply by cloning.
  18. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Good, because then the krono farmers would stay away, and people wouldn't box, and people would group with me, and I would have friends, and i would finally feel some slight success in this game I have sucked at for 22 years !
    Machen likes this.
  19. Xhartor Augur

I don't see why that would even be worth considering. They are just bragging rights items, with little to no impact on a characters power on the server. By PoP the SoD much like the BoC is an outdated weapon that doesn't hold up in the 65 game. The Gnome mask is just a shrink item for bards and rogues.
  20. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Money basically is worthless on TLPs for a large portion of them.

Beginning you want money for spells and droppable loot. If you just ignore the droppable raid loot in Kunark/Velious you really don't use platinum much at all other than for spells in the first few expansions.

GoD you can sink 10k/per Qvic/Inktuta piece of armor or can skip and wait for dropped Tacvi pieces. Not much really to sell to other players though, maybe Meldstones? OoW/DoN/DoDH/PoR there really isn't much to spend money on. I guess early on the spell runes run decent plat or you could spend it on finishing CoA armor trading for the droppable pieces but I don't even recall there being much of a market for that on Phinigel. I suppose you could also spend money on DoN currency but most people doing T1-5 progression will get more currency than they could possibly use.

TSS some rk2 spells could be valuable but most of them have rk3 replacements that you will get a ton of from all the raid events in that expansion. TBS again not much to buy, maybe buying Orum to outfit yourself with Purity augs? Or if you find the odd Phosphene seller but that isn't super common unless your server has some 54-box automated raids farming them to sell.

SoF is the first expansion where having a huge plat stack could help due to how costly the armor is to create and it is has the first full set of tradeable T1 group gear you can give to newer players. Again, not much market to sell to other players anything from this expansion but spells. You could also just... skip that armor and in 2-3 months get free SoD armor which will be rot status since there is normal and hardmode raids available. UF armor is made through tradeskills and effectively free since there are surely several try hards in your guild who are max TS for shawl and can make the TS components for armor.

HoT-TDS the only thing people spend cash on are rk2 spells early in expansion cycles before they become extremely common and templates to make group/raid armor. Rarely is there a huge market for T1 tradeable gear. RoF and beyond there is a decent market of collectibles though. TBM and EoK armors were just click and claim rewards which were too damn convenient so they went back to spending plat in RoS-CoV to make armor.

All of that aside... they could just do cloned characters with all platinum stripped and strip a bunch of common stacks of platinum conversion (Blue Diamonds/Diamonds/Rubies/Platinum Bars etc.) from clones if you really cared about the 'economy' on a server. But realistically no real economy exists in the GoD+ era beyond the first few weeks of each expansion the spell market and RoF+ the collectible market. The later will be experienced by <5% of TLP players who quit before these 100+ expansions.