22 anniv mission Unity

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fortuneteller, Mar 18, 2021.

1. fortuneteller Augur

Could there be put in a locked mission at step 2. And a lockout on the mission for 3 hours too.

That way it could prevent the mission flipping and the 10+ campfires in the zone as well.
  2. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I don't think that accomplishes what you are seeking. If people have to wait 3 hours to flip, they'll afk in static Qeynos Hills and good luck getting the zone to less than the 61 players to /pick in, then.

Just place the npcs in picks, please.
    Elyssanda and Yinla like this.
  3. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

They just popped QH on Xegony and added the npc to /picks.

If not at your server yet, it should be by the end of the night.

Problem solved.
    minimind, Tatanka and Yinla like this.
  4. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Let's make the current anniversary less fun to everyone because you don't like the sight of campfires, that sounds like a great idea.
    Fanra, Nolrog, feeltheburn and 3 others like this.
  5. brickz Augur

or make the named spawn more frequently...
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

or add the aug to a chest at the end of the mission. :)
  7. Drakang Augur

Or Hush and enjoy.
    Fanra, Elyssanda, Tsavo and 1 other person like this.
  8. bomodo New Member

took me 20 + task to finally pop my 1st named,
  9. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

try harder...
    Boom (ba dada dada)
    Boom (ba dada dada)
  10. Jennre Band Leader

You must have your augs already lol =P
    Tatanka likes this.
  11. CazRa New Member

Lock at step 2 so no one can be added or removed sure but a lockout BEFORE you finish a mission? Nah, can pass on that.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  12. Flatchy Court Jester

Ill just be happy when the market for this stuff is saturated so some people are not perma camped there.
  13. smash Augur

Would not mind a change.

It would then cause lag, the difference between time of mission in game and prior to it is major.
  14. Ninelder Augur

To be fair I always thought they should of put in a button that changes how people see the campfires from flaming to extinguished versions with a button to turn them on or off in the options tab like they have for helmets.

Big difference between the graphics of 50 flaming campfires and 50 unmoving objects. But that's pretty far down my "Need to get done" list.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

You can turn it off but it will affect basically anything with particle effects (spells, etc.). I don't remember the setting specifically, sorry.
  16. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Campfires should just disappear after 5 minutes if no fellowship members are in its vicinity to tend to the fire.
    Metanis likes this.
  17. Accipiter Old Timer

No thanks. I might leave a campfire up, do some housekeeping tasks, and return to it an hour or more later. I suspect, though, that your comment is akin to disabling lev in PoF.
    Yinla likes this.
  18. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Hey now, let's not conflate that terrible idea with fixing a known exploit that detracts from both the spirit and the fun of a zone.
  19. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Aw geez they just updated them to 6 hours back in 2019 and now you want to lower that?
  20. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I am just a campfire hater. Instant port to almost anywhere every 15minutes just because you are 3-boxing is stupid and overpowered. If you can't bind in a zone you shouldn't be able to campfire in a zone, yet almost every non-raid zone allows campfiring.