Move Crit Dots AA to PoP Era

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hadesborne, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Hadesborne Augur

What you aren not understanding is this: Partial resists are a BENEFIT. When a dot gets resisted it is 100% resisted. A total waste of a finite resource. The fact that Necros didn't get crit dots when other classes got crit DD's is a shame (and wizzies and mages get more often and better crits - *in before people state that necros get crit DDs in Luclin). This AA "SHOULD" have been added in Luclin. I am not proposing that this be done in Luclin. I am merely stating that waiting till GoD drops is too long. Add Critical Affliction AA's (maybe even 1 or 2 ranks just for a chance) in in PoP or LDoN. Power creep negatively affects necros worse than any other DPS class. They(SoE/DB/DP) buffed melee (ridiculously I might add) and now fights are so short that our DoTs aren't as effective. I am having to chain nuke towards the end of fights just to use my mana bar. Give necros a break on the DPS charts in raids (they once were the DPS kings for those of you who remember - so the end result wouldn't far off from the "old days", for you "I want EQ to go back to the old ways" peeps)
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

No, you don't fix power creep by adding more power creep.
    Triconix and Machen like this.
  3. Triconix Augur

The amount of wrong is astonishing so let's break it down and see what you don't understand.

Just because other classes get a function that is not a valid rationale why others should. That's simple a propositional fallacy and should not be stated. Please delete this comment.

They also buffed necros dots to insane levels. Envenomed bolt, for example, does 2.5x the damage that it used to per tick. Funeral pyre got a 20% boost. The list goes on.

This fact alone already disproves your end result (as stated below) being close to the old days because necros do so much more damage than they did in the old days, even with MOTM.

Which fights are you referring to? Most boss fights are still 3+ minutes long.

So essentially what you want the necros to be is the king of everything? Kings of soloing. Kings of mana restoration. Kings of raid dps. You have early expansion utility that's on par or better than almost every class in the game. This dies down around the time where you get the super revamp of dots (some may say perfect timing). What else do you want to add to this list? You want to be able to face tank mobs as well? Sure, why not!
  4. Xeris Augur

I dunno I feel like giving necros defensive would be good. They're not good enough at tanking.
  5. Rizloner New Member

Take off your Burning Affliction focus, and they hit for the same amount every tick. The only reason they vary is because of the focus effect adding 1-X% per tick.
  6. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Fix Destructive Fury AA to be an OoW AA as it used to be and remove the Innate Melee AAs pre-TDS. This would greatly help to balance out TLP servers.
    crabb likes this.
  7. Hadesborne Augur

Or this.. but of course you start a thread that says NERF EVERYONE ELSE to bring back the old pecking order and people scream bloody murder. I guess people don't understand that necros were the kings of raid DPS during PoP - DoDH.

Also, FYI BoT got a buff to damage and a buff to cost accordingly. It also no longer stacks with other dots so it remains the same (in effect) as before. As far as MOTM - you have no clue what you are talking about with DoT balancing vs the increased resists from MOTM. Triconix, IF you had played a necro back in 99-2001 then you would understand how ridiculous you sound. But since your experience is lacking, your entire argument is unsound. And FYI FP was increased from 261 to 290 (11.1% increase) per tick long ago (not quite the 20% you claim). Make sure you bring your facts before you start talking about classes you obviously never played.
  8. Triconix Augur

https://lucy.allakhazam.com/spellhistory.html?id=2885&source=Live
    260 to 310. 19.2% boost. Basic math, kid. Try to get your facts right before trying to fact check me.
  9. Hadesborne Augur

SO you are talking at lvl 65. And even then looking through the changelog it's a hodgepodge of changed. I do know it is doing 290 at lvl 60
  10. Triconix Augur

And it formerly did 240. Last I checked thats now a slightly above 20% boost for 60. Thanks for the assist. So what were you saying about 11%?

Were you purposely using the former 65 max and the current 60 max to prove your point and make me look wrong? Lol thats some real data manipulation and not very forthright.
  11. Darchon_Xegony Augur

http://lucy.alkabor.com/spell_2885.html

Decrease Hitpoints by 241 per tick (L60) to 261 per tick (L65)

It did 241 at level 60 and 261 at level 65.

The only really compelling reason for this change is because Necromancers don't *really* advance their character through AAs prior to this line of AAs being added in GoD.
    [IMG]
    In Luclin, sure they get Spell Casting Fury (Spell crits) and Spell Casting Mastery (Mana Preservation) and some innate Regen/Mental Clarity from archetype but none of these directly impact their primary sources of damage (DoTs and Pets).

Their Class AAs in Luclin are laughably awful, with only Pet Discipline being worth it for /pet hold, that is just a convenience/safety factor not a DPS addition. Flesh to Bone/Fearstorm/Call to Corpse/IVU/MGB/Dire Charm are all pretty useless. Lifeburn is sort of okay as a gimmicky burn thing but not something that generally enhances your character due to the long reuse and big drawback on it.

In PoP their class AAs continue to be quite weak. More Fury of Magic is okay but again most of their DPS is from DoTs. Theft of Life just increases lifetap heal output but again, no impact to DoTs. Wake the Dead is gimmicky again and Feigned minion/suspendeed minion more pet convenience.

Of all the classes in the game Necro is really the only one whose first 2 expansions of AAs provide no meaningful benefit to their primary function, DoT/Pet DPS. Now all of that being said, at this point in EQ after the DoT revamps, there is a bit more value in Lifetaps/DDs for Necros in early eras since they can't stack quite as many DoTs. Even ignoring that with their DoTs they do quite well and don't necessarily need a boost. It is just a shame a max AA Necro on Agnarr vs a 0 AA Necro on Agnarr won't see too much difference in their DPS output provided they have the same gear. Every other class however would see that difference.
    Hadesborne likes this.
  12. NoMoreTLPs Journeyman

nerfing Charm would be an easy way to get closer towards that rebalance
  13. Montag Augur

I'd support this for necros at least. Why are shamans and druids better at DoTs than necros?