AoC on Live servers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xazier, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Xazier Elder

I have two questions, do live servers have AoCs for older expansion raids (classic - GoD)? And if not, when TLPs eventually merge to live will they keep thier AoCs or do the AoCs go away?
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Nope,

They go away.
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Xazier Elder

Well I hope they never merge Phini once it goes live so people can have a chance at going back and experiencing old raids. Because on live, the old raids are constantly framed. Like NToV and VT so hard to get good gear for alts you want to lvl.
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

Bad news, AoC will be despawned on Phinny on the first patch after CoV unlocks according to https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/tlp-servers-hitting-live.273216/
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Phinigel will be merged, currently that's slated to happen sometime in 2022
  6. Tweakfour17 Augur

True, but AoC will be gone long before that.
  7. Numiko Augur

I'm just happy will be getting my recruit a friend bonus again on Phinny!
    Machen likes this.
  8. Cezz Journeyman

What a terrible design decision. God forbid people want to revisit some old content without being blocked by perma campers. Its not like the cash drops are better than current content. Fun detected?
  9. Tweakfour17 Augur

something something server lag? At least the option exists now and has a more or less defined end point so go grab whatever clickies/mounts/achievements you need now.
  10. Febb Augur

This has already been pointed out several times now why they can't put AoC's on live servers. Just because you want it done doesn't mean it can be done.
  11. Jakuk Lorekeeper

Lol cannot be done? Sure it can, it's called don't merge the dang server let it be seperate.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

AoC were a TLP-specific solution to so many guilds contesting open world content, devs are unlikely to consider them ever being used as a QoL feature even though putting them onto live would be popular - so long as they do so after the raid lag is fixed.
  13. Febb Augur

No, it's time for phinny to be absorbed into the collective. Resistance is futile.
  14. Zinth Augur

time to convince them to get those AOC's live and remove all the issues live servers have with permacampers removing the option for others to get to fool around in the content if they so wish... so much content is "removed" because of permacampers
    Stymie and Greebo like this.
  15. TLP Addict Augur

You want to fool around in old content without "permacampers". Boy do I have great news for you, we have something called Time Locked Progression servers where you can do exactly that.

Check them out sometime.
    Duder likes this.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Losing the AoC has nothing to do with the merge but the server becoming a live server with the unlock of CoV (or the current expansion). They have already stated that they are removing AoC and other TLP features the patch after CoV (or the current expansion) unlocks on a server. You can't really justify one live server having them and the rest not getting to have them.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Kaosmos Lorekeeper

Not sure why this is such an issue to some folks, in my opinion AoC's would rarely be used on live. How often are they used on Phinny at the moment? If people on Phinny are using these old AoC's on lockout I would love to know why. I am pretty sure there is next to nothing that drops in any of it that is worth justifying AoC's.

On the live server I play on, those mobs are almost always up, the only time they weren't in recent history was when they added the trade skill augment that required the old achievements. They added instances years ago that drop the items for your epics, So there is not a reason to monopolize content and try to sell epic stuff like maybe there once was.

The argument of doing VT and NToV for alt gear is wasted time, you will out level that gear with live experience rates and mercenaries in less time that it took to get it. Other than some novelty items there really is no need to do any of that content on live.

A tank mercenary will power level you without a heals at all till level 60 or so. Since you can box free characters there is really no reason to not have at least two characters going. That means you have at least a tank and healer, so you could have any other two classes and get leveled well beyond that type gear very quickly without even any higher level char help.

I am not sure if people that play primarily on TLP's understand how quickly/easily the first 75 or so levels are on live servers, and after that you will be doing heroic adventures for gear/exp. or grouping with higher level characters and leveling super fast that way.

"But I want to do it for the fun of the content" or "I didn't get to see this content so wanna check it out" comments don't make sense either, that's what TLP's are for.

If you did want to do them on live, no one else plays/stays in those levels, you would be alone. You can do that on any TLP that is what TLP's are for.

I doesn't matter to me either way, I personally see no use for them. I have no idea how involved of a process it would be to add them, but unless it is as simple as changing a toggling a bit and sending it out with next patch then it seems like a waste of resources.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

People want the agents of change not for the gear itself but for other reasons. The first reason is to farm older content for certain items due the click or effect it has. VT is a good example of this as there are still some illusions that are desired from that zone. Because there are still items like this it can be hard to find them up on some servers as people will camp them until they get what they want.

The second reason is because some want to experience the old content either for the first time or to remember it and they don't want to make a new toon on a TLP for that purpose. For this group of people if they are on a server that still has people farming the content it can be very hard for them to experience it.

Sure you can say that the TLP's are for experiencing old content but not everyone wants to make alts and play on different servers and that doesn't solve the problem of wanting an item on your main. In the end adding them to all servers is likely an easy task as they appear to be controlled by a flag that indicates the server is a TLP server as you can find them up on the test server.

In the end it is unlikely that they will ever be added to the live servers and I am not sure if this is because of performance reasons or a design decision to keep them off. Personally I would like to see them added as it would be nice to have easier access to older content that is still getting farmed for various reasons.
    Zinth and Stymie like this.
  19. JohnnyBgood Lorekeeper

Still weird to me they dont offer AOCs on live servers. Such a nice QOL addon to the game.
    Zinth likes this.
  20. Zinth Augur

I play on Phinny, we have had our AoC's for like 6 years now... I hate we are losing them... They were an integral part of the server and now they remove it from us... and now I don't want to go to another server when I have my chars and friends there...