Producer's Letter - Winter 2021 and 22nd Anniversary!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by JChan, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

They will eventually be doing all the same things the team does currently, the new engineers will be working on coding issues and the new developers will be helping on creating new content & spending some time working on existing bugs, all of the earlier team members are "multi-skilled" and I expect that eventually the newer team members will be too, once they've gotten to grips with the code & systems.

So what has been happening this far, but a little faster a little better a little more.
  2. Qelil Augur

Thanks to everyone working on EQ and a special thank you to Absor. It's great news that you've been able to add development resources to the team. I want to wish a warm welcome to them too.

To everyone else here, Happy Anniversary! I loves you!
    Skuz likes this.
  3. ArtleyHare New Member

EverQuest 22nd Anniversary Sweepstakes

I am interested in knowing why this is only open to US based players. Besides the cost to ship to a different part of the world, are there any other reasons?
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

There are legal reasons around competitions that are in play on this, they could operate a competition for non USA players but you have to remember that laws in countries around the world can vary a great deal, making sure they have them "right" in all the other countries players play from would be costly I suspect.

That's what I know of it. I would far prefer that EQ had merchandise available in more places than just the USA but it is what it is, unless they start striking up some global distribution deal with an experienced partner this situation is unlikely to change any time soon.

And yeah, it sucks a lot /shrug.
  5. FircobraCFC New Member

Its just me or are the fabled missin???
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If I recall correctly you may either need to kill the regular one before the Fabled version will spawn or the zone needs to be re-popped, and I think most don't appear in AoC instances.
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Fabled won't be up until the earlier anniversary events are live, I believe?

Isn't it 14th-22nd anniversary content right now only for next few weeks?
  8. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

2021 Schedule

All dates and times are based on Pacific Time.

• Erollisi Day - Starts Feb 3rd, 2021 at 12AM PT; Ends February 17th, 2021 at 9PM PT.
    • Brew Day -Starts March 17th 2021 at 12AM PDT; Ends March 31th 2021 11PM PDT.
    • 14th - 22th Anniversary Content - Will run from March 16, 2021 12 AM PDT to May 10th, 2021 11PM PDT.
    • Bristlebane Days - Starts March 24th, 2021 at 12AM PDT; Ends April 7nd, 2021 at 11PM PDT.
    • 5th - 13th Anniversary Content - Will run from April 12th, 2021 12:00 AM PDT through May 10th, 2021 at 11PM PDT.
    • Phase 1 - Hardcore Heritage 3 & 4 - Blackburrow, Cazic Thule, Lower Guk, and The Estate of Unrest, Starts June 2nd, 2021 at 12AM PDT; Ends June 15th, 2021 at 11PM PDT.
    • Hardcore Heritage - Old Sebilis Starts June 2nd, 2021 at 12AM PDT; Ends July 6th, 2021 at 11PM PDT.
    • Phase 2 - Hardcore Heritage 5 & 6 - Crushbone and Permafrost, Castle of Mistmoore, and Nagafen's Lair, Starts June 16th, 2021 12:00AM PDT; Ends July 6th, 2021 11PM PDT
    • Death, Death, Death! - Starts July 21st, 2021 at 12:00 AM PDT; Ends Aug 10th, 2021 at 11PM PDT.
    • Living Legacy 1,2,3,4 - IRA Marathon, IRA Sprint, Endurance, Avatar of Despair, Starts August 4th, 2021 at 12AM PDT; Ends August 31st, 2021 at 11PM PDT.
    • Summer events - Quests & Missions, Starts August 25th, 2021 at 12AM PDT; Ends September 21st, 2021 at 11PM PDT.
    • Nights of the Dead - Starts October 13th, 2021 at 12AM PDT; Ends November 9th, 2021 at 11PM PT.
    • Dragons, Dragons, Dragons! and Giants, Giants, Giants! - Starts November 10th, 2021 12AM PT; Ends December 7th, 2021 at 11PM PT.
    • Frostfell - Starts December 3rd, 2021 12AM PT; Ends January 7th, 2021 at 11PM PT.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Skuz like this.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Monday, April 12 5th through 13th anniversary quests, missions, raids, and Fabled mobs Monday, May 10
  10. Veca New Member

Hey the 22 aneversery package which I have in my /claim. Do i need to claim it durning event or can i let it stay in /claim for later use. The way I understand is that i just needed to log in to activate it in /claim and then it can be claimed later on.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I think you need to have logged in during the anniversary event for it to even appear in the /claim window, when you claim it is up to you.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  12. ArtleyHare New Member

Thank you for replying, Skuz, much appreciated. And yes, it sucks.
  13. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

@JChan:

When is the lag issue going to be resolved and when are debuff slots going to be revamped? I'd like to see both happen and soon so all my friends all don't quit playing. The current state of the game is not very enjoyable. Thanks!
    Fenthen likes this.
  14. xetan New Member

So, does the Heroes Forge unlock come with a set of armor, or is that purchased separately?
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Purchased separately from marketplace or from mob drops or other players.
  16. Zinth Augur

can also get a set from the vendor in game for plats afaik