DEVS --> A QoL to Consider

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Froglok, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Froglok Augur

Specialty group / raid vendors are year round accessible.

Raid Coin was jacked up from 10 to 40 due concerns similar to this one (below).

Anniversary Events give extremely low coin awards when compared to the Vendor prices. Or... the Vendor prices are extremely high when compared to the Coin rewards.

Let's say, on average, that you get 10 per mission (I think it's actually lower if you consider lock outs, having help, limited play time, other in-game pursuits...).

So, at 10 per mission and you want a 1,750 Commemorative Coin Mount... that's 175 repeated Missions / Tasks.

For many players this means nothing but doing repeated Anniversary tasks / missions they can mange or get get help to do, every day.. and maybe for the duration of Anniversary events.

With new stuff added to the Vendor each year, it's a deep hole on getting all the items you want, is the list gets longer each year.

Possible solutions:

1) Reduce the Vendor prices, and / or....

2) Up the Coin Reward x4 like was done with Raids... and / or...

3) Make the coin tradable so folks who don't need / want it can sell / trade / give it to others who do... and / or...

4) Add Anniversary missions to Overseer that give Commemorative Coin as an option for a reward.
    Maedhros, minimind, Jumbur and 6 others like this.
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I'm gonna say something really brave.

Anniversary content should be extremely casual and require a minimum amount of time investment to get any individual item.
  3. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I've never understood why the cost is so riduclously high on the anniversary items. So high that almost no one bothers with it.
    Wyre Wintermute, Duder, Vumad and 2 others like this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I never bother with the vendor, I do the quests for the rewards and forget about the coins.
    Duder and Tatanka like this.
  5. Vumad Cape Wearer

I'm on board with the anniversary price complaints. Too much stuff costs too much money. I wanted a mount and after seeing how much I got and how much it cost, I was first frustrated, then chuckled and moved on. I understand if there is a high price for the current years stuff but the items need to be flagged by year and have a depreciation amount per year.
    Yinla likes this.
  6. Warpeace Augur

Complaining about cost and each year we get more quests to pick from to collect more coins?
  7. Iven the Lunatic

It is good that some anniversary shop items do cost alot doins. Not everything should be easy to get as cheap stuff is not worth much. Expensive stuff is worth something and a status symbol; its just that simple. You want to get stuff easily? Go to a newbie zone and farm bone chips or just buy stuff from the DB marketplace, overseer (2x !) and tribute shops ! The commemorative shop is a place for heroes and not for whiners. The coin shop could need a small revamp:

- Remove all food, drinks and fireworks as these are just crap items that nobody does need. There is already a jubilary merchant that does sell such stuff for platin pieces.
    - Add some cheap "fun" items for 50 coins like hay forks and buckets for the whiners that want everything for free.

The coin rewards from the anniverary quests are very unbalanced and the granted experience from killing mobs often is very bad. Some hard quests can take many hours but reward only 2 or 5 coins while there are some very easy quests that can be done in less than an hour that do reward 10-20 coins. As example I molo boxed the quest "Defend Knowledge" from the centaur in PoK yesterday with some low level alts for the first time. It took me 2 hours for 5 commemorative coins and it was not possible to get the bonus reward. The granted experience from killing mobs was just average or even worse as alot mobs had tons of HP. The mission "Fippy's Revenge" where you have to kill guards and other NPCs in an instanced version of South Qeynos is similar bad. Good themes and stories but very bad rewards. Anniversary should be fun but this does make it sad with a bitter taste.

What should be done:

- Re-balance commemorative coin rewards for all anniversary missions regarding time and difficulty.
    - Boost mob (kill) experience to be similar or even better than comparable hotzone experience.
    Zaray likes this.
  8. Warpeace Augur

That food and drink is not just food and drink. If anything allow then to stack to 20 so they are more user friendly.

Not all missions should give the same coin reward. With the amount of quests most people will pick the high reward ones and skip the others...time management.

Defend Knowledge is actually an easy task if you go with a group or know where the mobs spawn and are ready.

Why should the XP be good? Some of the tasks your listing have bonus items that are the real reward. Thats like people complaining about the XP in this years mission Unity and ignoring the fact the aug and feather are products of that mission.

Not all rewards are supposed to be achievable in one year, its an accumulative process.
  9. Zamiam Augur

Vet rewards used to be a status symbol also .. I used to be against it , now every new toon i create or new account I have im actually glad they made vets avail on any and all toons ..

I believe the cost of some of those items are too expensive . some of those items would take years (3 or 4) to get .. sure if your someone who can play 15 hours a day during the 2 months anniv is avail and even then not sure you could accumulate enough coins for some of the big items 2k+ ..
    I'm a casual player and only play few hours a day 3 days a week .. there's no way I'd be able to get enough coins .. they need to make them tradeable or at the very least Heirloomable

Until they do, I'm the casual who doesn't care about coins I do the tasks for the rewards (clicky's) ..
    Tatanka likes this.
  10. Vaeeldar Augur

I agree cost is stupid for time spent. That said the rewards aren't good enough to care. I can't think of any items i actually care about (honestly I think I could do the TOV mount faster than the mounts on anniversary)
  11. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

How about a small amount of anniversary coin added as a global drop for the season; with Trivial Loot code applied so it can't be easily swarmed.
    Vumad, Wyre Wintermute and Nolrog like this.