Dot/debuff slots on raids. Lets make this happen.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Maedhros, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Ohhh I See Cice.. you make full member, then try to take away my job.. butthead.
    Jennre likes this.
  2. Verily Tjark Augur

I don't know why you couldn't do the tash consolidation. Then again I don't really pay attention to those debuffs. I just cast it on everything.

The problem with making solemnance part of the slow spell is that shaman slow overwrites enchanter slow, but not somnolence. The more pertinent question is this: Is it beneficial to even have somnolence on a raid mob? I will leave that to the stat and spell gurus to flesh out.

If said experts say it is beneficial to have it on a raid mob, you would not want to combine it with slow, because it would always be overwritten by shaman slow and never be on the raid mob.

Our mez spells can proc somnolence too.. so you would want to keep that.

I'm not a fan of doing away with deceiving constriction and adding its stuff to other DoTs. I just wish they would up the dps on the spell line.
    Maedhros likes this.
  3. Fenthen aka Rath

Nah, that shouldn't be the drawback, it's a game limitation like 2 mil cap on bazaar prices. It's an artificial ceiling because financial resources for better development have been basically stolen from EverQuest for 20+ years.
    Zynt likes this.
  4. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Druids:

Merge our two Ice debuffs, this would save 1 spell slot.

[59356/5804] Restless Frost Rk. III
    Classes: DRU/114
    Skill: Alteration
    Mana: 1037
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Cold -30
    Reflectable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 1.5s, Recast: 6s, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 10m+ (100 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: Cast: Restless Frost Heal III (v340)
    5: Decrease ATK by 337
    6: Decrease AC by 34 (Raw=-458)
    Text: You are outlined in silver ice.

[59293/5809] Icerend Breath Rk. III
    Classes: DRU/112
    Mana: 1213
    Range: 150'
    Resist: Cold -200
    Casting: 2.5s, Recast: 6s, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 10m+ (100 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: Increase Spell Damage Taken by 2% to 10% (v296, Before Crit)
    2: Limit Max Level: 115 (lose 10% per level)
    3: Limit Effect: Current HP
    4: Limit Type: Detrimental
    5: Decrease Cold Resist by 142
    6: Decrease AC by 40 (Raw=-538)
    7: Limit Type: Exclude Combat Skills
    8: Limit Resist: Cold
    9: Cast: Icerend Heal III (v374)
    Text: You are covered in a veil of ice.

Remove the Debuff component of our Reptile defensive proc line, instead just have it cast a heal on the tank and increase the healing component 10% or something to offset the loss of the debuff. This would save 1 spell slot.

[59366/5833] Defense of the Reptile Rk. III
    Mana: 1884
    Range: 100'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Casting: 3s, Recast: 1.5s, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 4.5m+ (45 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    Max Hits: 72 Defensive Proc Casts
    4: Add Defensive Proc: Defense of the Reptile Curse III with 400% Rate Mod
    Text: Your skin takes on a scaly, green appearance.
    Causes your target's skin to take on a reptilian appearance. When the target is struck by melee combat the skin will strike out, lowering the attacker's attack power by *#4#1 and armor class by *#4#2 and reflecting a spell that heals for *#4*%R#1 hit points initially and *#4*%R#8 hit points every six seconds for *#4*%R%z. This effect will fade after %z or after %L strikes.

[59372] Defense of the Reptile Curse III
    Range: 300'
    Resist: Fire -100
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 18s+ (3 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    Recourse: Defense of the Reptile Trigger III
    1: Decrease ATK by 62
    2: Decrease AC by 9 (Raw=-116)
    Text: You are cursed by the reptile's bite.
    Lowers your target's attack power by #1 and armor class by #2 for %z, additionally reflecting a heal that will heal for *%R#1 points when it lands and *%R#8 points every six seconds for *%R%z.

Merge our 2 Empathy DoT lines so we can only have one on a boss. Rolling these into the same debuff and having the spell damage empathy component not check against any resist would save another spell slot.

[59362/5850] Opaline Moonbeam Rk. III
    Skill: Evocation
    Mana: 4498
    Resist: Cold -61
    Trigger Spell DS: Yes
    Stacking: Gelid Moonbeam 18
    Casting: 3s, Recast: 1.5s, Timer: 14, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 60s+ (10 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: Increase Spell Damage Taken by 1580 (v297, Before Crit)
    2: Decrease Current HP by 2613 per tick
    3: Decrease Cold Resist by 92
    5: Limit Resist: Cold
    6: Limit Max Level: 115 (lose 100% per level)
    7: Limit Effect: Current HP
    8: Limit Type: Detrimental
    9: Limit Type: Exclude Combat Skills
    10: Decrease AC by 76 (Raw=-1019)
    Text: You are frozen in a moonbeam.
    Freezes your target in a moonbeam, dealing between #2 and @2 damage every six seconds, lowering their armor class by #10 and resistance to cold by #3, while adding #1 damage to incoming cold spells up to level #6 for %z.

[59281/5800] Erupting Sunray Rk. III
    Classes: DRU/111
    Skill: Evocation
    Mana: 4918
    Focus: Fire Beetle Eye
    Resist: Fire -61
    Trigger Spell DS: Yes
    Stacking: Flame Lick 33
    Casting: 3s, Recast: 1.5s, Timer: 14, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 60s+ (10 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: Increase Spell Damage Taken by 1580 (v297, Before Crit)
    2: Decrease Current HP by 2613 per tick
    3: Decrease Fire Resist by 92
    5: Limit Resist: Fire
    6: Limit Max Level: 115 (lose 100% per level)
    7: Limit Effect: Current HP
    8: Limit Type: Detrimental
    9: Limit Type: Exclude Combat Skills
    10: Decrease AC by 76 (Raw=-1019)
    Text: You are scorched by the rays of the sun.
    Fires a sunray at your target for %z, causing between #2 and @2 damage every six seconds as well as lowering their fire resistance by #3 and armor class by #10. It will increase the damage your target takes from fire spells up to level #6 by #1.
  5. Evurkvest Augur

There are spells like Danvid's Grip of Decay that stays on a target for one tick to apply two other spells. That could be redesigned im sure. Another example is Composite Paroxysm (not that many use it raiding) that stay on for a tick to apply rk 1 - 6 of the "real" spell. Many other classes have these kind of spells. Wasted debuff slots.
    Maedhros, Yinla and menown like this.
  6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Debuff slots should just simply be increased. Buuuut, can't do that without new code. Can't do new code without a new engine. Can't do a new engine without giving up an expansion.

You guys sure you're okay with no new content for a year???
    Fenthen likes this.
  7. GriefPK Elder

how many of these dots matter on raids? 6 necros ... no one else cast's dots. more dps than everyone else casting dots combined. is the goal to maximize dps on raids here or to make sure everyone gets to click all their things ... for "fairness"?
  8. GriefPK Elder

if you want everyone to be able to cast their things. lets not nuke the game for groupers at the same time by combining spells just to make the debuffs fit. increase the amount of debuffs on raid mobs ... say ... double the amount of debuffs on a raid mob. change nothing else ... nothing to complain about. everyone on raid will be able to cast everything and not feel left out. groupers get to do their thing. necros on raids will continue to cast all the things and win all the parse!
  9. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Not my intention. Alliances need to work in a way where 5 digits worth of mana don't do zero damage. You can coordinate all you want and you can manage debuff slots all you want, they go to waste too much. I cast Alliance 27 times one week recently. I fulmed 5 bloody times. My luck was dreadful. we have 6 Rangers, we insta fulm when the we can get a debuff slot.

We've eliminated much of what's been mentioned on this thread, 96 debuff slots is a limitation of this game that needs to change, and now.

I expect no change. The person in charge of spells doesn't communicate.
  10. Maedhros High King

Yikes who has 6 necros?! i am actually kind of turned on though! :p
  11. Elyssanda Bardbrain

you couldn't handle 9 bards and 6 necros, your brain would melt..
    code-zero likes this.
  12. GriefPK Elder

once you go full necro ...
    Zynt likes this.
  13. Duder Augur

How would rolling multiple debuffs into singular debuffs be detrimental to "groupers"?
  14. Fenthen aka Rath

Compared to what we're getting now as "an expansion"? Yes.
  15. GriefPK Elder

it doesnt inherently, but if it becomes a fight over loosing nuance because things are combined for the sole purpose of fitting into the debuff window on raids ... why fight that fight? just make the window bigger on raids and you have a right now fix that has minimal impact on raids.
  16. Evurkvest Augur

It's not economically defensible to fix it. Not a case of simply add more slots.
    Jennre likes this.
  17. Smokezz The Bane Crew

What? Losing "nuance"? What?
  18. Jennre Band Leader

I am pretty sure the 2 million cap is limited by the math of copper so maybe if they did away with copper, this amount could be raised.
    Fenthen and Elyssanda like this.
  19. Maedhros High King

Yikes. Chanter and shammys klll me the more I look into this.
    Loaded in my enchanter and the wifes shammy.
    Just talking about typical debuffs, not including dots, here is what I see.
    Enchanter:
    Proclamation of Tashan
    Tashans Lingering cry
    Constraining Coil - Overwritten or blocked by Turgur's Insects
    Somnolence

Shaman:
    Malosinara
    Noxious Decay
    Turgur's Insects
    Turgur's Diminishment

To my eyes, we have 7 debuffs landing right now since the 2 slows cannot coexist.
    Can we get this down to just Tash, Malo and a slow?
    Roll the effects of Somnolence and Tashans Lingering Cry into Proclamation of Tashan.
    Roll the effects of Noxious Decay and Turgur's Diminishment into a Shammy only Super Malo that supersedes Mage version?

Nuance matters to me too, but nothing changes here. You still have to push 2 buttons as a chanter or shammy. The slow spell has been removed to its own thing and the debuff components become more centralized.

Net - 7 debuff slots reduced to 3.
    I'd slate this as a high priority - very high gain with no loss whatsoever to effectiveness really.
  20. KrakenReality Augur

Yeah, and you're not even getting into the rest of the enchanter stuff with DoTs, robe clicks, and alliances. It really starts to add up. I don't think I'll ever understand the reason behind giving every class an alliance spell.