[Feature]More buff slots

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Angahran, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Angahran Augur

Can we get more buff slots ? 5 more at minimum, 10 would be nice.

Being on a raid and getting spammed with 'your spell did not take hold' because you're max buffed is a pita.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They have said many times that they can't add any more debuff slots because of the impact it would have on performance.
  3. Aanuvane Augur

But how many people keep the "permanent" buff icons up when they don't need to?
    Duder and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Not a lot of choice not to when they have reintroduced mobs which debuff us.

This has reminded me I need to block the latest lines of ranger buffs and a few others, also druids have a new group wolf illusion which for some reason wasn't blocked need to remember to get that blocked as well, damn annoying when burns get blocked due to too many buffs and dots!
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

Or maybe a tool for raid leader to choose priority order for debuffs so he can choose which stick and which get bounced.
  6. Karhar Dream Crusher

sk's self buffs need a consolidation blend a few of them together, instead of you know the 7 buffs the aa casts.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

LOL half the posts talking about debuff slots (on mobs), the other half talking about buff slots (on players)!
  8. Angahran Augur

Nobody mentioned debuff slots.
  9. Angahran Augur

More blocked buff slots would be nice too. I swear half of mine are just to block stupid wolf illusions :p
    sauron3030, Yinla and Svann2 like this.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Maybe I wasn't clear, they don't want to give us more debuff slots because of performance issues and it is likely that buff slots have that same issue as well.
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Reminds me of a funny quote from the old Druid's Grove website. And actually, somebody on here has the quote in their sig, can't remember who.

But the original quote was from Fyrrlustorm (spelling?), and went something like this:

"Druids are better at turning people into wolves, who don't want to be wolves, than any other class!"
    Zamiam and Yinla like this.
  12. Angahran Augur

And nobody in this thread is asking for more debuff slots!
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Kinda.

Nobody is asking for more, but several explained why there can't be more (like Waring just did), even though none were asked for. That's what makes this thread a golden example of people talking past each other and failing to stay on topic (the request for more BUFF slots).
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The two are related as both cause more system resources to be used when they are increased. I mentioned debuff slots because of that.
  15. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Actually, you are. Another buff slot for players = another debuff slot on NPCs.
    Sancus likes this.