Producer's Letter - Winter 2021 and 22nd Anniversary!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by JChan, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Moege Augur

Need to fix the little popup ingame still refers to 21st anniversary and free heroic.
  2. oogey New Member

Every person on my server received a message saying we get a free Heroic. We would politely like our free heroic. I personally already sent out message to multiple people tell them to reactivate their accounts before realizing it wasn't working.
  3. Dalsina Lunrais

I am confused why it wasn’t done this time around, that is so bloody obvious
    Moege and oogey like this.
  4. Moege Augur

Message is Log in during 21 anniversary and as this is the 22nd you won't get it.
  5. Kristy13 New Member

No achievement points for task completion? At least there was none noted when I completed A Riviting Tale!.
  6. Protagonist Tank

You guys had a year to iron out any knucklehead mistakes. A year.

[IMG]
  7. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Cool hat, thank you!
  8. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Yeah, I logged in this morning and saw the message, was excited. Didn't even notice it said 21st.

Do I need a heroic upgrade? Not really, but it would be nice. Was I more excited for that than what we are getting? Yes.

It's ok, I'm happy to see you hired more devs and designers. So I'll just take that as my anniversary present.
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Jondalar Augur

What is the claim item called?
  10. Thadrood New Member

I'm not sure because i'm logged in and i dont see any claims that arent my normal stuff from expansions...
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Othmir Fez Hat Package - you may need to refresh /claims to see it.
    Nennius likes this.
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Free Heroic Characters have always been on a 2-3 year cycle. It has never been an annual gift.

You can get a Heroic Character by purchasing the Collector or Premium Edition of the latest expansion. Alternatively, you can save 6-7 months of membership Daybreak Cash to buy one.
  13. huddie New Member

hi so it says we can get a 85 heroic for this event then it says 21st i hope that this is corrected cause lots of peps not happy that was huge let down made some of us verry happy then on no thats false
    oogey likes this.
  14. huddie New Member

I am very unhappy about this heroic prob this needs to be fixed i think and they should be given to us now!! this could make daybreak look very well or very bad so right thing should be done its not customers fault you guys did not fix that in a years time!!
  15. Bazuker New Member

Why do people blame DBG for their own illiteracy ?
    Didn't it very clearly state that free Heroic Character is given to any member who logs in during 21st (Twenty FIRST !) Anniversary celebration ? Nobody stops any player to go back in time and log in during that period. And I am 100% sure DBG would honor the promise and grant 1 free Heroic character token... unless they've already granted it last year.
    What to be upset about ? Absence of time machine ? Well, we all wish to have one.
    Personally, I am more curious about coin reward for the 3 newest missions/quests. New raids look awesome but cost 1750 commemorative coins , at 20 coin per mission that would be more missions than I would want to do.
  16. Febb Augur

I'm in general chat on my server and I haven't seen anyone upset over it. I think you're being a little dramatic.
  17. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Well there is a hot fix going in so that will alleviate all the ones coming up.
  18. Gendel New Member

Ive had enough of this game treating me like nothing but a wallet, I just deactivated 6 accounts. If they want to make this right cool, ill consider coming back. If not triple A games are cheaper than something 20 years old with bad customer service who cant even grant something they advertised to the entire player base.
  19. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The Heroic Character was:
    • Not mentioned in this year's anniversary announcements
    • In-game script referred to the 21st anniversary. (We are in the 22nd anniversary).
    • A dev has removed the offending string/code.
    If some really want a Heroic Character, and they live in the United States, most people got or will get a hefty stimulus check. Use it.
  20. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Can I have your stuff?

Actually, new members wouldn't have anything worth taking.
    code-zero and Zanarnar like this.