Producer's Letter - Winter 2021 and 22nd Anniversary!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by JChan, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Thank you! Good to know. May need to spread the word on the nature of the consumable.

Edit: Someone may open the package on a character with Hero's Forge already or a mule.
  2. Herf Augur

I'm still unclear about which character/toon I should make the claim on. Hat is heirloom so that's fine. What about the hero's forge unlock: is it seperate from the hat and heirloom, or is it no trade?
    The potion is stated as not being heirloom, but does that mean it's tradeable or no trade?

This stuff is important as it helps us choose which toon to do the claim on.

And thanks for giving these to us on Agnarr. 'makes me feel loved.
  3. kizant Augur

Happy Anniversary!
    Dyna and Astral64 like this.
  4. dreamweaver Community Manager

The Heroes Forge unlock, is consumed when the player opens the package..
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Based on what Dreamweaver said:

• Package is in /claim
    • Package is Heirloom
    • Package likely has a "Claim" button (like you see on the latest Heritage Crate items).
    • When you click Claim on the package, that specific character (on which you claimed) will be granted Hero's Forge unlock.
    • The Fez Hat Ornament is heirloom.
    • The XP potion is not heirloom.
  6. Herf Augur

Thanks! I've been trying to track down all those posts.

By !heirloom I assume this means == no trade, rather than tradeable?
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Heirloom is no trade but may be transferred between characters in shared bank (on same server).

The key step is "claiming" the package on the character that you want Hero's Forge unlock and xp potion on. So you definitely don't want to click it open on a char with Hero's Forge or a Bazaar mule.

Dreamweaver can correct me if I am wrong. Just deducing what he said. :)
  8. Fenthen aka Rath

Thanks for putting that together, everything from DW was cryptic and seemingly not actually answering the questions being asked. ;p

Herf likes this.
  9. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Would be nice if the potion was Heirloom or the Hero's Forge was a separate unpack item.

Something like that. I've got char's that I'd use the HF portion on, who don't need the XP potion and chars that could use the XP potion who already have HF.

I know it's way too late for any mod to this round.. but in the future maybe.
    Fenthen likes this.
  10. Herf Augur

Sorry I lapsed into programmers language there. "! heirloom" doesn't imply "no trade" since items can have 3 states: tradeable, no trade, or heirloom." Knowing Daypaw I'm guessing that by 'not heirloom' they mean no trade.
    Benito likes this.
  11. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I analyze documents for a living (law). It was a tiny logic game. (I may be wrong but I feel like it is close). I'm sure he has a lot on his plate. :)
    Herf likes this.
  12. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

It's definitely "No Trade"
    Goblet of Adventure III
    Herf likes this.
  13. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Agreed. The char I want the Hero Forge on doesn't need the XP Potion and the char I want the XP Potion on already has Hero's Forge unlocked. It's the same situation for my main 2 accounts, I'll only be able to take advantage of one or the other on both accounts if they're in the same pack.
    Yinla and Herf like this.
  14. dreamweaver Community Manager

I'll pass that along to the devs for next time, it's definitely too late for this time around.
  15. Herf Augur

Thanks for passing that on. It was a significant design problem with the $35 'pack's that were sold. Some of the pots were heirlom, others were no trade. Ending up with a run speed no trade pot on my bards account was sort of annoying.
  16. Astral64 Augur

You guys did a great job on the new expansion and the TLPs continue to keep many nostalgic people enthralled.

Go Jchan, Go Absor, Go Team!

I can hardly wait for what is next.
  17. Denegar New Member

18. dreamweaver Community Manager

Correct, not this year.
  19. Kolani Augur

I hope our new designers also take a minute to learn what EQ is and EQ isn't. Some of the more recent design decisions have leaned more toward a "twitch" style gameplay, which EQ code doesn't lend itself well to. Dying before a heal can land when heals were started when the player was at 100% isn't fun, even more so with the laggy messes that EQ's servers have been recently.
    Metanis and Skuz like this.
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I know I and many others were hoping that Phinigel would be granted free transfers & a server merge BEFORE the next expansion is launched as this would be the most opportune time for most of the players here to continue on a new server, allowing them time to integrate with the existing guilds there or to recruit from their new server's populations.

I am really disappointed about this decision. The 3 remaining guilds are already struggling for player numbers, and leaving the server to rot for the remainder of the year, potentially longer, is not going to benefit anyone here so I have to say I feel like this is a bad decision for us.
    Barton likes this.