Overseer Nerf

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by TurdFerguson, Mar 14, 2021.

1. TurdFerguson New Member

Nerfing Overseer last time pretty much made it useless but at least you could still get good Merc AA exp from it and ok Character XP.
    Now the Conversion rate on Agents has been changed from 10 sec's to 60 min's. Why?
    If you take a quest then some quests will randomly disappear off the list. Why?
    If you want to try and level up your lower level stats on say Trade or Stealth there will be like one mission and you'll be lucky if you have any peeps that can actually do it.
    There will be four missions for Exploration because your Exploration has the highest stat and you do not need to level it but they are there just in case you need to have a more lop-sided Quest list.
    Tetradrachms are useless. 95% of the Ornamentation are fugly. The trade items you can receive off missions are so skewed it is beyond silly.
    It is one thing to beat a dead horse but then there is driving a D-10 Caterpillar over it 10 or so times just to make sure it is totally useless.

I know.....whine...whine...whine....but at least I have my cheese.
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

What are you talking about?
    Wyre Wintermute and Svann2 like this.
  3. Jaylnn Gnomish Bog Jogger

If your conversations are taking 60 minutes, your clock is wrong.
    Once you have a nice fairly large army, you dont really have an issue with having people do do any of the missions. Starting out, it may be rougher, but once you have a fairly healthy recruitment, it isnt bad.

yes some of them still do randomly disappear even after the fix.

The Ornaments being "fugly" is subjective. Many like them
    Duder and Bigstomp like this.
  4. Derd Augur

Computer not automatically set to fix daylight savings time?
    Kaenneth and Bigstomp like this.
  5. Bigstomp Augur

As others said, fix your clock. It's that time of year.
  6. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

8. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

That's my name, it's funny.

No it's not...
  9. KarmaKitty Augur

Well,
    Maxed levels long ago in all buckets. ...and so the associated XP goes to waste.
    Have 5 or more of most non iconic "cards ?" ...and never use the majority of them on quest.
    Have man multiples of non-flippy elites. ...and nothing to gain by doing anything with them.
    Have a ton of overseer currency banked. ...and nothing interesting to buy with it.
    Quest still drop off any maybe reappear.
    Rarely get a blue or purple quest.
    Never use recovery quests.
    I do still do conversions upward to elite. ...and have never had a time issue.
    I've got like a dozen ornament rewards banked.
    I have or had a few collector rewards banked and it would be nice if they were tradable.
    I stopped getting TS components in favor of XP for ALTs.

So, I see only one bug: Quest dropping/appearing/whatever.
    And, a number of limitations by choice.

Probably a few one off issues like clockworks that are not clockworks.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I just want an "Overseer server transfer token" so I can take my overseer progress with me when Phinny is in its free transfer/shutdown/merge phase.

/em prays to Rallos the coders get the green light for that asap.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  11. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Overseer improvements I'd like to see:

Add more things to currency vendor. Perfected Augment Distiller, past expansion group currency bags, bags of platinum, maybe past expansion powersources, maybe Stored Glyph, maybe some Character Slot Tokens or Dragon's Hoard Expansion Tokens

Add an AA reward option so that those maxed on normal EXP can claim AA exp.

Add additional collectible fragments for higher level missions / rarer missions. Currently the Explore/Trade/Diplomacy missions from level 1 Common to Level 5 Rare all offer only 1 collectible fragment. The only mission type that offers 2 collectible fragments is an Elite Level 5 missions. These always require you have 3 specific elite agents not incapacitated or busy in other missions and you only see these missions once a month or so. It makes no sense for the rewards for a level 1 common and level 1 common to be identical when the later requires far more advanced and larger quantities of agents

Make the collectible claiming process a bit more streamlined. Add a currency vendor in PoK next to the Tetravendor that sells each individual zone item in exchange for 1 Overseer Collection Item Dispenser. This way you could go to the guy and buy 8 Thuliasaur Island Collection Items for 8 Overseer Collection Item Dispensers. Allowing us to skip the 16 steps of claiming 8 TDS rewards and then 8 Thuliasaur Island rewards if we want to travel to PoK to do so.

Also Overseer is serverwide. You should have the same Overseer standing on Phinigel as you would on any live server.
    Tsavo likes this.
  12. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Overseer is Server Specific. Any progress you do on one Server only shows up on that Server.

That would be pretty sweet. Currently, the only thing you can really do is Retire all of your agents for the Echo's and bring the Echo's to the new server to get a jump start on agents. You lose a good bit of agents in the process though since you only get 2 of the previous tier instead of the 3 it took to get originally.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

On the plus side, you get way more collects from critical successes at lower levels of overseer, so would let you bank a ton of those if they merge you into that server making you lose all your progress.
    Sokki likes this.
  14. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Like the other guy said, overseer is server specific.

I run overseer on multiple servers using heroic characters, then every couple months transfer another one over. Had so many heroics unused it has been pretty profitable xferring over like 80 collects and 6-7 bags of TS items at a time.
  15. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I know it is a bit of a "first world problem", but I have A LOT of grey agents piling up, and all the non-grey that I need. I want a way to retire greys without having to convert them first(it is kinda tedious).

Preferable for a sum of tetradrachms, Im still hoping I will eventually find something worthwhile on that vendor. :)
  16. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I didn't think about that, but yeah restarting with all the quests at level 1 with a bunch of rare/uncommon agents should make for lots of Crit's.
  17. Roxas MM Augur

being able to buy rez coins with overseer currency is all i need to make it useful already. :)
    Skuz likes this.
  18. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Oh adding another type of Overseer Tasks would be cool.

Raids - These tasks take 1 week to finish and require something like 24-54 agents to fill out.
  19. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

I assume that in the last sentence you meant to compare Level 1 Common quest with higher level quests that give the same 1 collection fragment. I agree that this makes no sense. That is especially the case when you consider that higher level quests: a) require higher level agents (require higher ranks in their jobs and also it will be higher ranked agents that fill the bonuses) and b) have much higher chances of being incapacitated and the incapacity will last longer. Basically, if collection fragments are what you are after, it would be better to stay Level 1 in Diplomacy, Trade, and Exploration than to level up. I consider this to be a grossly broken design mechanic.

Side note: I'm looking at a Level 1 Common Crafting quest vs. a Level 5 Common Crafting quest and the level does make a significant difference in the tradeskill rewards. Both in numbers and in what items you get, so that reasoning should have carried over into collection rewards. I get that they didn't want to overdo it with the collection rewards, but the risk vs. reward is way off when it comes to gaining Levels in the quest types that give collection rewards.