How to prevent the next Karandune

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by JohnnyBgood, Mar 15, 2021.

1. JohnnyBgood Lorekeeper

Never listen to people on these forums. They are like reviews online. Only a small sample size of people who have had a negative experience come on the forums to complain. The vast majority of players have a positive experience in eq. They just don't come on the forums because they have nothing to complain about. Its not hard to notice that the same 10-20 forums names are 90%+ of post on these forums with constant negative post.

Defiantly never take a small group of players like top end guild leaders and base plans off their experiences. They all have agendas and want to skew the rules into whatever benefits them the most.

In short, ignore the top .1% of complainers on the forums and discord as they are the exception and not the rule.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

So everyone should stop reading your post at this point to stay in the spirit in which it was posted?

Oh wait, you have more to say? you really should have put this top line as your last you know.

So you are a player complaining on the forum that players only come here to complain on the forums, that sounds like a perspective best represented by the Ouroboros.

Defiantly as in "in a manner that shows open resistance or bold disobedience." or did you mean definitely as in "without doubt" ?

What do you have against "top-end Guild Leaders" do you not like that they try to ensure their members best interests are met or addressed, of course they have agendas that's kind of their role they set the agendas for their guilds and they bring those agendas to the forums, in the past to Fan Faires & "Guild Summits" its a fact that the developers want to hear their input, this doesn't mean they don't listen to the feedback from other players though does it?

Unless you assume that the devs somehow only listen to those guild leaders & nobody else, which I can assure you is a huge mistake on your part.

What evidence can you show that illustrates the devs base their plans only upon the concerns of these few guild leaders rather than weigh up the feedback from all of the players & which Dreamweaver writes reports on?

What if I had put you in that top .1% of complainers? this post would have so much less fun.
    Karreck likes this.
  3. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

To be fair, the amount of complaint posts on the forums goes down each TLP from what I've seen. It could largely be due to the fact that they are so quick to delete/censor them now though, but if people think Mangler and Aradune (both were labeled karen servers) were bad with complaints, I urge you to go back on the forums to the times when servers like Agnarr and Phinny, and the servers before that were all the newest TLP. That's what used to make the forums so much fun. There was like 10-20 complaint forums per day so there was plenty of material to troll on. Phinny had more of what you are talking about than any TLP I've ever played on.
    KrakenReality likes this.
  4. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Ahh good times, indeed!
  5. Boze TLP complaint factory

As a veteran of phinny I'll have you know that I resemble that remark. I was complaining and forumquesting at least through VoA.

Edit: wait, no, I complained up to TBM at least. TBM HA scaling is G A R B A G E.
    Skuz and Xoner like this.
  6. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Doing #TheLordsWork
    Boze likes this.
  7. JohnnyBgood Lorekeeper

I agree agnarr was like the wild west and was pretty fun because of it. People on Aradune who didn't play back then just dont know how good they have it and yet still complain all the time.
  8. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

Complaints will always happen. I just find it funny that some people seem to think that it has some influx with Mangler and Aradune. The amount of complaints/petitions are so few and far between these days. When I played on phinny I would get petitioned by players simply for farming a camp for too long. Phinny was the true karen server, everything since has been a distant cousin, and tbh I kind of miss it. I had so much fun trolling the forums back then.
  9. Ezra Journeyman

CCP is the only gaming company that ever understood this principle, and EVE Online remains among the best and most popular MMOs because of it--in short, ignore what players think they want; give them what they need instead. When players threaten to leave EVE because they do something the grumpy veterans don't like, the CCP devs show them the door (Google EVE blackout, if you don't believe me). Players (and people more generally) almost never know what they actually want.
  10. Lejaun Augur

The funniest thing are the people from those servers acting like the same/similar problems and complaints in game and on forums did not exist. I wouldn't be surprised to be able to match up a number of people calling Aradune the Karendune server being some of the OG complainers.
  11. Glowerss Augur

Velious did indeed come out a week early on Phinny. That alone generated quite the poostorm.

Claimgate was a fantastically good time.

The VP keys were particularly spicy tho. There's a thread somewhere that somebody from AOS made calling everyone bad and to stop contesting VP key camps until AoS had finished keying. Top notch entertainment for sure.
  12. FranktheBank Augur

Almost none of this is actually true. CCP is bending their game to suit certain people more and more because ratters (PVE) make them money. Blackout was okay, but they stepped back on it. Even the recent changes to ESSs made it more friendly to defenders and less incentive for attackers.

They have not really addressed citadel proliferation or massive bot operations.

I agree that players often don't know what they want (or they think they do and they are wrong), but CCP/Eve Online is far from a shining example.
  13. Schteben New Member

That's where you're wrong bucko. The vast majority of people simply stop playing the game, never to be heard from again. Critical feedback is useful to get insights into this.

That is who and what they care about; getting new or returning players cycling in. They don't care about the old yellers like you that will keep playing no matter what until they have to get put down behind the shed.
  14. Kahna Augur

You're 100% correct. Player complaints and requests have never brought anything useful to the game... except for instanced raids... and click from bags/the extended target window unlinked from an expansion release... and adjustments to the keys and epic quests... and removal of the horrible voting system... and the list goes on.

Players, and people, always know what it is they want. They may not understand the best way to achieve the goal they want, or that goal may bring about unintended consequences that have to be dealt with, but they do know what they want. It is up to the devs to figure out the best way to adjust the game to avoid unintended consequences and meet the players desired end goals. If they want to keep players, that is.
  15. Aegir Augur

Phinigel was legendary for a long time.

However, Ragefire takes 1st prize.

Was a long time since Fippy launch, so a lot of us were totally new TLP players coming from live and thought it was a server in the spirit of P99. Oh boy, did we learn.

Was basically a new page of complaints posts pr. day for the first 2 months.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. jeydiejones New Member

the solution his to turn picks into dz and allow people in there for 8 hours and remove picks/so there wont be eany 24 hour camping and groups want have botters ks and disrupting the zone.
  17. JohnnyBgood Lorekeeper

Personal picks will never happen. Causes way too much strain on the servers sadly.
  18. Falafel Lorekeeper

This could of EASILY been said of AoC instances too.

Things change. And this should be one of them.
  19. Glowerss Augur

Yeah, no. Do you know why picks close now? Because when Phinny hit PoP, every single night the entire server would become unstable and crash because the sheer number of picks open was overwhelming the servers.

OGC lost their bert DZ because of this actually, and caused them to get into PoTime like 5 days after AOS as a result lol.

0% chance that personal picks ever happen.