Arayonar raid after recent patch

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by The real Sandaormo, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Anlak Journeyman

Spot on , hole raid dumping fire crap all over the zone, so another fix that broke more than it fixed ;/
  2. Drakang Augur

Or you could have the whole raid banished or the whole raid put in prisons or sucked up to the middle pillar.

The only way to do it now is to have the raid ignore the first set of Echos. Designate 1 or 2 people that run into each Echo on the first emote. Those people always ignore the called echo and go back to the same echo each time. So on the second set of echos you have somebody with Echo 2 and everybody else had Echo one. So only the people with Echo 2 get the penalty. The issue is if those people die then they no longer have a higher echo level. Why you might want 2 vice 1. But still have to keep them alive through all the AEs with no protection.
    Fenthen and Svann2 like this.
  3. Windance Augur

The problem with that statement. Those people were still able to get the win on the first day it went live. Nothing will be challenging for them, except maybe having the entire server implode on them.
  4. Tharkis Princess

Have 54 people go into the fire order and the server may just implode! It all but crashed the zone on several guilds. This whole raid is a @%@# show now even more so than it was. If anything it's worse than when it was outright broken, at least we eventually discovered how to avoid the 100% broken part.

It's one thing to have a challenging raid, it's another thing to make raids so UN-FUN and so TEDIOUS that people don't even want to log on to do the content. Add to that the zone crippling lag that utterly kills your raids dps when just about every raid this expansion is designed as a giant DPS check, increasing the costs of all the gear from coin so that it takes 50ish raids to get coin for one item, and you've got a situation where i've literally heard people saying they just don't want to raid anymore, it's become too painful and too much like work, not a game.
    Kialya, Viper1, Celephane and 3 others like this.
  5. Deillusional Augur

Its not too bad, but if the trap meant to go off when you go follow the correct emote to the correct aura it is not working, e.g. if the fire aura activates and you all go to fire, if have the same rank you will get 54 fire traps to lag the zone out and the client. Its certainly winnable in the current form as ROI and SR shown on some streams yesterday but you have to win it with going for max echo achievement and / or some other productive way by healing through roar effects.

It will not be that bad if the traps are not suppose to go off on the correct aura.

It has turned a fun raid to a I cant be bothered raid in one swoop and you have to win by aiming to do an achievement or the heal through way.
  6. Fenthen aka Rath

This is how it has to be done.

We're using bards (RIP, sorry guys, Crusaders and now Aaryonar).4 bards designated to each aura.
    First aura is called. All 4 bards run to their designated aura. Bards are at rank 1
    Second aura is called. 50 raid members + 1 designated bard is sent to that aura. 3 bards at rank 1, 1 bard at rank 2, rest of the raid at rank 1.
    Third aura is called. 50 raid members move to that, plus the designated bard. Raid at rank 1 or 2, bard is at 2 or 3, other bards stay at 1 or 2.

The idea is to keep bards always +1 rank as the rest of the raid. If that bard dies (and as such is reset) then the whole raid has to potentially start over, essentially skipping the next aura call so that the ressed bard can get rank 1, or if another aura is called you follow along as normal, ressed bard also dips into their aura for the first rank.

Bards can reset their ranks at any time, so long as they stay at +1 from the raid. If you're at rank 3, then definitely go to the called aura and then your own designated aura to get rank 1 again.

Fire and Earth bards need to be parked away from the raid. Shadow bard has to run back. Ice bard has to deal with getting locked to the pillar,

Now, that's just the change they made. You still need 20 shadow casts to even really start the Grolik phase, you still have 4 aura orbs that need to get dunked into their right colors (with the tank picking up Shadow getting punted every spawn cycle), you still get guardians adds, you still get Aary+Grolik at the end.

This raid has turned into a Maeratas-level trash heap.
    Kialya and Annastasya like this.
  7. kizant Augur

I like the change. Everyone just needs to get used to it and practice a bit. It's more fun!
    Jennre, Behelit, Sancus and 1 other person like this.
  8. Fintank Augur

Aary was already my favorite raid this year, now it's just more fun! It might not be Mearatas level fun but current iteration is decent as far as having a somewhat challenging non pushover raid!
    Caisy, Behelit and Sancus like this.
  9. Metanis Bad Company

I'd be interested in your healer's perspectives.
    Fenthen likes this.
  10. Behelit Augur

Shaman here, can confirm fun times had all around.
    Caisy and Sancus like this.
  11. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I enjoyed it, was not nearly as bad as I expected.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

So what your saying is having just trained the raid to follow emotes and learnt where all the auras are, all that training was a waste of time? And we shouldn't all be move together?

Hated this raid before, hate the sound of it even more now. :rolleyes:

We must be overdue a raid for the anniversary.
  13. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Why are you training your raid to do anything? Your members aren't puppie, follow instructions.
  14. Svann2 The Magnificent

Put a newspaper down.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They are in training everytime we are learning a new event. The changes made to this now seems like it is better not to follow emotes. That goes against all raid training we have done for the last 22 years.
  16. Lianeb Augur

So you would rather ignore the mechanics, eat all the AE damage all because they made a change to the raid, for a mechanic you already had to deal with as a raid force. The only difference now is you can control where and who the punishments hit, verses the random mediocre player that couldn’t find and aura properly then stood in the raid making you have to adjust chaotically.

Ignoring the mechanics sound like a valid strat for you I guess then.
  17. The real Sandaormo Augur

I don't think they even know what they want this raid to be. It showed up with a bug in it, granted not all guilds saw it, I understand that but for the ones that were getting it it sucked. There are so many moving parts now its comical. My guess is most guilds will avoid this raid. Not because of risk vs reward but because its a pain in the a55 vs the small reward you get.
    Fenthen likes this.
  18. Fenthen aka Rath

The plan is to get the achievements and never come back.
    ArtremasEQ likes this.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

We deal with the older generation, some of our raiders are over 70. We would prefer to follow the emotes 100%, but having most of the raid not follow the first emote is going to cause issues, as will changing tactics mid fight to adjust should our chosen few die.

As a rule we prefer not to ignore mechanics, but this one is going to be a major pain for those who are a little slower to adapt to changes on the fly.

I'm sure sometimes the devs forget that the game is aging as our its players.

EQ is full of grumpy old people!
    Annastasya, Marton and Metanis like this.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Thats my thoughts too, especially as you have to get past a belly caster dragon who wants to go south and leash all the time and having to kill so much trash to get to Aaryonar in the first place who drop nothing! :rolleyes:
    Fenthen likes this.