Did tank agro get modified?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Windance, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Windance Augur

Has anyone noticed any changes to the tank agro abilities?

For the last 3-4 weeks I've noticed that some of our tanks seem to be struggling to get a good agro lock on the mobs.

Is it possible the changes to procs might have also effected the warrior agro procs?
  2. The real Sandaormo Augur

We have notice some pretty strange Warrior agro. MT will be on a mob, another Warrior will have his 2 hander or dual wield without hitting any agro disc's or AA's so he should have less agro than the tank spamming his agro buttons. He will dive up the agro meter and take agro out of the blue.

It doesn't happen in any predictable way so hard to figure if its a bug or what though.

Been happening since beta.
  3. Cadman Elder

Can't say I'm having any issues personally

2 Hander agro on a tank is pretty big though, if they don't turn off Bold Attacks
    Qimble likes this.
  4. The real Sandaormo Augur

High agro is one thing, I am talking about 0 to 100 type jumps we have seen. Its definately not just one thing like Bold attacks. Something in there is wonky. Bold attacks would work you up higher and higher maybe but not rocket you past a tank with established agro. imo
  5. Astral64 Augur

Someone could either be taunting or blurring the mob in some fashion.

Warrior aggro was fine for our raids and aug farming and I'm usually the first to know when it isn't.
    Sancus, menown and Cadman like this.
  6. Cadman Elder

0 to 100 jumps sounds like taunts to me
  7. Windance Augur

This is from one of our monks:

"I also have noticed some agro oddities. For example: on Sontalak last night, about mid fight, I noticed that while beating on an add, my Sont agro kept increasing. It started around 10, and I had to FD when it reached about 80. (xtarget).

I've also noticed I sometimes will pull agro off a tank that has been offtanking for about 30 seconds, and all I do is swing my weapon using neither discs, nor special DPS stuff."
  8. Wulfhere Augur

Undead have their own mindless way of deciding whom to attack. Some primitive animals behave the same way. If you're not used to fighting "dumb" mobs then it might seem strange. If this is the case then there are solutions, mainly stay at max melee range to avoid being targeted.

So the question is what types mobs are you talking about here?
  9. The real Sandaormo Augur

This has happens on mobs like Klandicar, Sontalak, Tantor, Crusader event etc. Its sporadic so its hard to pinpoint a reason. This is a new phenomenon we have seen since beta, its not all the time, its not on every mob but it does pop up enough to wonder whats going on.

I know only a few servers know how agro works but out here in the boonies on Luclin we do have a few that have been doing this for awhile. This is new.
  10. Nolrog Augur

Tanks in my guild have been complaining about aggro holding recently as well.
  11. Raccoo Augur

Look for abilities that others are using to lower your agro? Phantom Assassin, Cozen, dissident/composite reinforcement (probably only effects pally/SKs), marr's salvation, doppelganger/phantasmal opponent, spirit of urgency, companion of necessity, etc.

It is also suspected that Confluent Disruption line of spell messes with (resets?) agro of mobs on ETW, but I don't have concrete proof that happens.
    Duder likes this.
  12. Zaknaffein Augur

Are we talking about burst agro as in on engage you struggle to stay above the rest of the raid and maintain top agro? If so I would look into what you pop pre engage, and what you use at the start as well as weapons and what you mash, so on and so forth.

Warrior agro is still fine. The gap on what other classes can generate off the bat compared to what we can burst with has lessened, but we can still dominate any other class ( yes even a SK who opens with HT we can easily take and keep after they do that.)

Wade and expanse took a nerf, so our AE agro capabilities aren't what they use to be and we could use some help in that but other than that I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary.

If we are talking about randomly dropping agro and others take it even though you are still top on hott, then either lag is causing issues, rogues are using their pets, chanters their pets, or another tank popped unending on a low enough con that it actually locks agro on them.

It's easy to tell when someone blurs a mob, it will bounce between multiple people and not just a few, just gotta throw out some big boy agro to get and establish that gap from the raid again when that happens.

If you are talking about agro bouncing between two warriors long after engage then you are I assume swapping tanks at one point and reached the agro cap in terms of a #. I've noticed this on events where you tank swap and you taunt off the first warrior who has built up hundreds of thousands and maybe millions? worth of agro in terms of a number. Then you swap and the next warriors pops up to your agro, and then uses rage of rallos and every other agro mod/ability to create enough of a gap above the first warrior. You will start to bounce between each other from 1 to 100 on the agro meter.

Only way to handle that is for whichever warrior isn't suppose to be tanking is to pop how of the warlord and fade.
    Zolmaz Zo'Boto likes this.