just curious...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Anyone notice any lifetime sub offers?

/had to ask
  2. KrakenReality Augur

It'd be a good idea to do another limited round. There are quite a few people that paid up for lifetime subs, then added another account because they freed up the recurring subscription.
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  3. Riou EQResource

not likely
  4. Heavyvenom New Member

No, there are no current plans and I think it's unlikely you'll see lifetime offered again.

I was looking previously for a while and this came up last year.
  5. dreamweaver Community Manager

There are no plans to offer lifetime subs again. The dev team is aware that there are players that would like to see them return but no, I would not expect them again.
    FawnTemplar, Sancus and kizant like this.
  6. Slasher Augur

Lifetime subs are a HORRIBLE business decision for almost any sub product. The upfront cash you generate is almost never worth the value you lose over time.
    minimind and Jennre like this.
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Was a get rich quick scheme to generate cash to cover a short fall. Just be glad there are enough other subs to keep the game going.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  8. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Got them 'over the hump' to finalize the sale. Mission accomplished, won't be going there again.
  9. Captain Video Augur

An alternative to a lifetime sub offer, which has been mentioned in several other threads, would be to offer some sort of "Family Plan", which would provide two or more subs at a discounted rate when bought in a bundle. If I could sub a second account at, say, 1/3 off, I might go for that.
    Sokki likes this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I have an old sub (3 monthly) from an anniversary discount, from back when they used to email everyone with anniversary promotions. It has stayed subbed ever since.
  11. Slasher Augur

Considering EQ makes what 12m a year and they only spend 3-4m a year on it i think EQ is safe for the foreseeable future.
  12. Viper1 Augur

not when our game has to fund half a dozen other pet projects that ultimately fail every few years.
    Qimble likes this.
  13. Zamiam Augur

never say never .. I guarantee eventually there will be lifetime subs again .. may not be soon may not be within the next few years but they will come again ..
  14. Zelena Journeyman

I'd be happy if they offered a year sub at a discounted price like they used to do from time to time. From 79 to 99 dollars a year. I'm sure they would get alot of extra income if they did that again.
  15. dreamweaver Community Manager

Qua? :confused: The last lifetime sub was 3 years ago, long before the sale was even remotely a thing.
    Jennre likes this.
  16. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

The sale previous to that was known to be occurring (among senior staff and smed) for about 2 years (prior to being finalized). Lifetime subs got you through the year before the sale started getting initiated most likely.

So indeed, fits the timeline I'm seeing perfectly.
  17. Coagagin Guild house cat

How about a 2 or 5 year option per account with a small discount for buying ahead of time?
  18. dreamweaver Community Manager

Well I can tell you with a cold certainty, not what happened this time.
    kizant and MasterMagnus like this.
  19. Warpeace Augur

Smedly left when? Didn't realize he was still active in their decision making process.
  20. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I was speaking of the first sale from SOE when I mentioned Smed of course.